S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah. It's weird that not-hating Hasbro, or just promoting civility, is considered trolling though.

Don't sweat it. Seems like a hostile environment in here if you're not strictly on the bandwagon. I'll leave you to it. Enjoy your collecting and hating. :wave
No offense to anyone, but yeah i would have to agree with Yo here. I mean, yeah black series figures are ****...well most of them (because some are actually okay). And im sure those guys at hasbro already know that they're being tea-bagged by their japanese competitors (especially figuarts), but you know, there's simply no point in rubbing it in. I mean, if you hate hasbro's **** so much, then just leave 'em in their pegs, no sense being disrespectful to anyone about it. Just my 2 cents guys. [emoji4]

I do hear what you're saying, but, Hasbro do have far wider distribution than Figuarts when it comes to Star Wars. On that they will laud it over Bandai every time. If Figuarts Star Wars were as widely available as Hasbro then they'd have something to worry about.

And i totally agree with you. Bottom line for me is, the other guy didn't have to go to the hasbro booth and disrespect the reps there. That's all. 😃

Class is what separates figuarts from hasbro. Haha Honor, should rub off to those who buy those beautiful japanese stuff

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Probably not, but hey, it made him feel good, and that's what this hobby should do, it should make you feel good. It's not easy when you're broke I grant you, but, just appreciate what made you that way and wait till the next bit of money comes in.

Feel good...not at the expense of others my friend 😃

Anyway, we've veered too far from the main topic. Im no hasbro fan, i hate their awful figures just as much as most guys here. But i'm also not a fan of public shaming. And that is all

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Yeah, true,

Just thinking, Harley Quinn is Figuarts only female figure so far, I wonder if it will depend on how she does as to whether they'll do a Leia. Harley does look good, but, she doesn't seem as widely available as their other figures. An ANH Leia would be a logical choice after Luke and Han, but, with that outfit, what would they do about the articulation!?

If they end up doing a Leia, i'd rather her ESB jumpsuit than the ANH dress.

I love the fact we're getting another Strormtrooper. I was so close to dropping clams on the first version they did.

Still waiting for an update on Qui-Gon...

I actually went with the bandai model kit stormtrooper. It seemed to get positive reviews and was super cheap, so I figured why not. Hope it's not too complicated to put together

Oh, and I got farmboy luke in. Yeah, pretty amazing. I'm just glad I wasn't super late to getting into these and the ones I've wanted are still affordable

i think i'm a bit obsessed with the face 3d printing methods, where the colour is projected onto the heads, similar to skinning/texturing a 3d model. The way i see it, paint is used to replicate the features of someone's face onto a head sculpt, but using this method, an actual image of them is projected. It's not paint replicating the subject's face, it is their face

At this point i'm trying to find if there are 3d colour printing services (i know there is a model of printer in development and nearing release, which is a bit too expensive...) to produce my own from 3d sculpted and textured sculpts. It would make creating figures so much easier for someone like me (who can't paint a head without it looking like the toht -part time nazi, part time candle -from indiana jones). Eventually i hope to design and 3d print an entire figure, using SHF or figma joints, although admittedly this goal is a little far fetched. Any ideas for characters?

At this point i'm trying to find if there are 3d colour printing services (i know there is a model of printer in development and nearing release, which is a bit too expensive...) to produce my own from 3d sculpted and textured sculpts. It would make creating figures so much easier for someone like me (who can't paint a head without it looking like the toht -part time nazi, part time candle -from indiana jones). Eventually i hope to design and 3d print an entire figure, using SHF or figma joints, although admittedly this goal is a little far fetched. Any ideas for characters?

Probably the characters from Rebels, Majority of the Jedi Council, Grand Moff Tarkin and General Hux.

It isn't fool proof though, there were wonky eyes on the Mace Windu and on one of my Freddie Mercury heads the tache is missing. When they get it right though, it is pretty amazing. That said though, when you look at the trad paint apps on the Mezco One:12 figures they are just as impressive.

Yeah, as amazing as the 3d face printing systen looks, they seem prone to misalignment. My ep1 Obiwan looks off to the side for example, shading and all.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Didn't notice that on mine. I did notice that the lips on my Bruce Lee aren't quite right when viewed in macro pics. Things you can't see with the naked eye are things I can let slide as I never look at them very closely when they're on display.

Got my Heavy Gunners in the post today, absolutely love them.
Out of interest, for UK collectors, I used DHL shipping and both parcels got through customs without charges. I believe Ami2 now offer the DHL option.

Back