S.H. FiguArts Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those interested in a July release of the Soul of Chogokin Dragonzord, CDJapan has one left for preorder for $143.86 + $33.27 (EMS Shipping)

I believe it's also available on Hobby Galaxy for $155.99, late August (early September really) release.

Update:

According to some YouTube reviews, the SDCC Green Ranger doesn't come with the Sword of Darkness.

I know this is a figuarts thread, it turned into generic bandai power rangers thread. Its now going to be Hasbro i guess.

Hasbro announced the " Lighting Collection " line which is their version of Legacy. Only thing shown, was a 6" White MMPR figure. Which actually did look super cool, it came with a Tommy photo realistic head, comes with special effect pieces too. $20...

I have really high hopes.

Dk52q65U4AAiVt1.jpg

(there was more images but thats all i could get in a hurry )

Direct video of the figure - https://twitter.com/PowerRangers/status/1030896158191898625

Last edited:
Yep ^

And theyre going to all have photo real swap out heads, Accesories, weapons and effects, going to blow Figuarts and Bandai out of the water, cant wait, also mixed waves confirmed so we'll get multiple seasons right out of the gate!

Not a fan, too much wrinkles/baggy costume design on the new figure. The Legacy White ranger has more cleaner joints and design.

Also, they had SOC Titanus on display, I didn't think they were going to do it. Hopefully, it will be a reasonable price.

I really like the look. Maybe a tad too baggy, but at least the proportions are correct. I always hated how the Bandai legacy bodies were ridiculously over muscled.

Also, they had SOC Titanus on display, I didn't think they were going to do it. Hopefully, it will be a reasonable price.
Its just the Legacy Titanus, it will have a few mods to retrofit the new chogokin parts for the paws, chest and tail. But saying that i can still see it being $300.

It had better come with some kind of stabiliser also for the Megadragonzord SOC combo. I have tried it a few times and it feels very dodgy. I dont like to leave it on its own. Its again, very top heavy with no knee support.Wants to fall forwards or backwards.

For everyone complaining how the Hasbro figure is too "baggy", the suits have a lot of folds and creases in them.
The are not vac-formed tight on the person. Good example of this is in Dino Thunder - when you see White Ranger
in the dream sequence, his suit is super "baggy", mores than this figure.

I for one am super happy that they are doing this, will blow both Bandai America (7" Legacy) and Bandai Japan (5.5" Figuarts) out of the water.

Idk if it’ll blow Figuarts out of the water. The Figuarts articulation and body sculpt alone is more screen accurate than this figure. The headsculpt is good for it’s price point but imo the Figuarts is still very much the superior figure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For everyone complaining how the Hasbro figure is too "baggy", the suits have a lot of folds and creases in them.
The are not vac-formed tight on the person. Good example of this is in Dino Thunder - when you see White Ranger
in the dream sequence, his suit is super "baggy", mores than this figure.

I for one am super happy that they are doing this, will blow both Bandai America (7" Legacy) and Bandai Japan (5.5" Figuarts) out of the water.

It's a different take on the MMPR, but it certainly will not be blowing anything away. For me, only thing this have going for it is the unhelmeted head sculpt.

Soul-Of-Chogokin-GX-85-King-Brachion-Titanus-Release-Info-002.jpg

SOC King Brachion, Februrary ( ish ) release, $270 (ish). As it is so low in price, im pretty sure its going to be mostly plastic. It is just a re-tooled Legacy Titanus.

Idk if it’ll blow Figuarts out of the water. The Figuarts articulation and body sculpt alone is more screen accurate than this figure. The headsculpt is good for it’s price point but imo the Figuarts is still very much the superior figure

The figuarts rangers are great, but they aren't perfect. The Mighty Morphin figurarts were some of the earlier figures they made, which were way too skinny. The later figures in the Sentai line had better proportions (Sun Vulcan, Goranger).

I think people like to romanticize the figurarts set because there aren't a lot of options yet for collectible ranger figures.

The figuarts rangers are great, but they aren't perfect. The Mighty Morphin figurarts were some of the earlier figures they made, which were way too skinny. The later figures in the Sentai line had better proportions (Sun Vulcan, Goranger).

I think people like to romanticize the figurarts set because there aren't a lot of options yet for collectible ranger figures.

My biggest complaint is that the akiba ranger is the only one who really reflects the spandex in a metallic white gloss, the others are just flat colored suits, but bandai usually banks on that glossy look as exclusives.

My other small detailed complaint thats not that big is that JDF is tall compared to the other actors but his Figuart version uses the japanese actors body.

Back