S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one has love for shf champagne?

IMG_1626.JPG

Tamashii doesn't know how to properly handle a line towards the Western Market that isn't Dragon Ball or Sailor Moon. They released the Chogokin Mega Man X and it fell flat. Digimon...what are Digivolving Spirits? Anyways, it's upsetting seeing a line that should do well but the decisions being made sadly ruin it for the rest of us.

This. We've been re-iterating this for YEARS. Despite having a very robust relationship with Bluefin and the Western market, they still don't "understand" or "get it". This is why a lot of their lines fizzle and bomb out. Character choices, scale concerns, etc. are critical decisions when you point to a Western market, but Bandai/Tamashii is still very much focused on the East and has poor attempts at reigning in the Western market. However, even some of their decisions that should prove fruitful in the Eastern market should've been better executed (undersized Bowser).

Their attempts like Ninja Turtles and the WWE characters were EXTREMELY well-done (in my opinion), but you're aiming at a market already dominated by toy companies that have a good hold on their customers (Playmates/NECA/etc. with TMNT and Mattel w/ WWE), make pretty good figures already that satisfy their fanbase AND possibly more importantly, they offer at a cheaper price-point. I've seen on some forums where the standard Turtle and WWE collectors were questioning the higher price-point (and possibly unfamiliar with Tamashii's background and import mark-up's).

Super Saiyan 4 Goku will have to look as if he came right out of the Anime for his eventual release. I'm alright with not having seen an updated prototype but, when it is shown, it certainly should incorporate all and any new technology. I'm almost at the point of hoping to see some sort of felt used for the fur and 3.0 seamless technology. :lol

I honestly don't think Tamashii wants to release him on his own though. Similar to Dragon Ball where they're making 7 commitments. If you pick a solid 4 - 5 releases from GT, I would say...

1.) Super Saiyan 4 Goku
2.) Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta
3.) Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta
4.) Omega Shenron
5.) Pan

I think those would be the key money makers for the series and Tamashii when they decide to put the focus on GT.

Dont give up on ssj4 Goku folks, if we are as persistent with that as we were with Nappa and Majin Vegeta we will get him eventually. I feel as though GT took a back seat with both the movie stuff and the move to 2.0 molds and they just havent went back to it yet.

Super Saiyan 4 Goku will happen, it's just a matter of when.

Tamashii will more than likely change directions and move towards Dragon Ball Super releases next year. Dragon Ball will still be placed every other month or so in between to finish out the 7 Dragon Balls. The Dragon Ball Z focus will take a back seat with a grouped release every now and then as well unless they plan on finishing most of that out before their Super focus.

GT will have its focus but it most likely won't be for awhile. Especially since that's considered "after Super."

This. We've been re-iterating this for YEARS. Despite having a very robust relationship with Bluefin and the Western market, they still don't "understand" or "get it". This is why a lot of their lines fizzle and bomb out. Character choices, scale concerns, etc. are critical decisions when you point to a Western market, but Bandai/Tamashii is still very much focused on the East and has poor attempts at reigning in the Western market. However, even some of their decisions that should prove fruitful in the Eastern market should've been better executed (undersized Bowser).

Their attempts like Ninja Turtles and the WWE characters were EXTREMELY well-done (in my opinion), but you're aiming at a market already dominated by toy companies that have a good hold on their customers (Playmates/NECA/etc. with TMNT and Mattel w/ WWE), make pretty good figures already that satisfy their fanbase AND possibly more importantly, they offer at a cheaper price-point. I've seen on some forums where the standard Turtle and WWE collectors were questioning the higher price-point (and possibly unfamiliar with Tamashii's background and import mark-up's).

Tamashii is a godsend for the toy industry but their main focus should be Japanese properties. Honestly, they're lucky they have Dragon Ball. Bluefin helped save that line after showing Tamashii the Western Market interest and look how much that has grown. From a Web Exclusive after market rarity, to a Collector Friendly market, and now a Dragon Ball specific countrywide tour. I think the problem is they're trying to find "the next Dragon Ball" for the Western Market but focusing on the wrong properties to invest in.

It's not always the wrong properties though but decision making as well. Look at Naruto for example. Huge Japanese property but Tamashii has no focus on their releases. I don't believe a lot of people were thrilled about Boruto so soon and then the prices skyrocketing for certain releases like Jiraiya. People have been demanding for Pain and for them to finally finish Team 7. Now there hasn't been a Shonen Jump Calendar update in awhile.

Super Saiyan 4 Goku will have to look as if he came right out of the Anime for his eventual release. I'm alright with not having seen an updated prototype but, when it is shown, it certainly should incorporate all and any new technology. I'm almost at the point of hoping to see some sort of felt used for the fur and 3.0 seamless technology. :lol

I honestly don't think Tamashii wants to release him on his own though. Similar to Dragon Ball where they're making 7 commitments. If you pick a solid 4 - 5 releases from GT, I would say...

1.) Super Saiyan 4 Goku
2.) Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta
3.) Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta
4.) Omega Shenron
5.) Pan

I think those would be the key money makers for the series and Tamashii when they decide to put the focus on GT.

I could see them doing this exact thing. Personally I think an amazing idea would be to do it exactly how they’re doing with Dragon Ball except with Ultimate Shenron and the Black Star Balls.

My picks would be
SSJ4 Goku
SSJ4 Vegeta
Omega Shenron
GT Kid Goku (with SSJ and base heads)
Pan with Giru
Trunks
SSJ4 Gogeta

I feel like Super Baby Vegeta could replace perhaps Trunks, Pan, or Kid Goku and it would result in a well rounded GT set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As promised, here's my modded model kit Krillin. Imo he has better proportions, better height and with the mod a better look. I can't take the credit though, seen it on YouTube [emoji14]

ee9994e5c759880f9bc3e6de86981cb1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Super Saiyan 4 Goku was revealed on the Shonen Jump Calendar for October.

...I'm sorry, it was too good to pass up for today.

It's a bootleg ssj3 2.0 body; because the bootleggers seem to be saving money reusing parts he ends up looking less bulky than the real one, and it's alot cheaper to customize with [emoji14]

The recent bootlegs I've been reviewing are actually decent copies for once, heck there's very little difference between the real and fake god Goku figure! Would recommend for customs honestly.

As promised, here's my modded model kit Krillin. Imo he has better proportions, better height and with the mod a better look. I can't take the credit though, seen it on YouTube [emoji14]

ee9994e5c759880f9bc3e6de86981cb1.jpg

That Krillin looks great. Might have to grab the model kit - but have a feeling once I buy the model kit, they'll announce the SHF.

That Krillin looks great. Might have to grab the model kit - but have a feeling once I buy the model kit, they'll announce the SHF.

Yeah, probably best to wait. I think I've seen pics of Android 17 and 18, premium color. Can't be long before they rerelease krillin.

Back