S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone who has every old release and most of the new 2.0s i have to disagree SSPorunga. The old ones are serviceable, but some of them, the ones that use the goku mold in particular, just look horrible on display with the new ones, especially now we know there is a much better 2.0 mold for all of them. So no, its not just folks being "salty", the old figures just dont do the job anymore.

As someone who has every old release and most of the new 2.0s i have to disagree SSPorunga. The old ones are serviceable, but some of them, the ones that use the goku mold in particular, just look horrible on display with the new ones, especially now we know there is a much better 2.0 mold for all of them. So no, its not just folks being "salty", the old figures just dont do the job anymore.

I shouldn’t have said people are salty about missing out. But I really don’t think the old releases are as bad as people are saying. I think it’s a trade off of what you want. The 2.0s have much better articulation but that doesn’t always equate to better aesthetics . Imo most of the 1.0s have better paint jobs. Face sculpt on 2.0s is better but piccolos face sculpt is great. I honestly think it looks better to not have a seam through the midsection of the figure just so you can get ab crunch. Just my opinion, obviously Tamashii is moving forward with 2.0s and I’ll still buy every release. I just don’t think people should be trashing the originals like they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Tien2415!

I plan on posting the rest of the collection once I get them all setup. Here’s another preview for now :)

5f9107fcb6c27e87225c39a786393740.jpg

@SSPorunga That's a really good angled pose for Broly, makes his shoulders look a lot better.
And I do agree that imo people are too harsh on the 1.0's, or well I just still do appreciate them. But imo all Piccolo fans who missed out on his sdcc ex have a right to be salty because there's just no anime accurate piccolo atm. Not to mention he only has two expressions. He's one of the biggest characters from the franchize, with a top 5 biggest fanbase I'd think. Ridiculous people have to do with the rerelease of a really skimped release that's not even anime accurate. (And I have 2 SDCC Piccolo's, thank god, so most of this doesn't even apply to me personally.)

(Actually I still think 1.0 Vegeta is the best Vegeta, and I prefer sdcc Gohan over the battle damaged too. The only thing that TRULY bugs me about the 1.0 Goku mold is the lack of streamlined shoulder-bicep joint.)

A lot of the originals are still nice. I thoroughly enjoy having the manga colors Piccolo. The premium color Trunks is another great figure I have. I dislike the entirety of the sword sheath, color and functionality, etc. The premium color Cell is one of my favorite figures in my entire collection.

That said, the Goku figures were pretty damn bad. It’s one reason I never got into them until the 2.0 Awakening Goku. Still, I do have the Kaioken Goku and I like him well enough, I guess. I’d definitely upgrade, given the chance.

The older Vegeta figures always seemed aces.

I also have every release and some multiples of OG but I personally think it’s time to completely do away with the 1.0s. The 2.0s are the future and have been the standard and while the OGs aren’t terrible by any means, Tamashii has been phasing them out and seeing an awesome figure like SSB Vegito using the 1.0 is a huge disappointment. Why use an overall inferior sculpt when a better one is readily available? Consistency is key imo and while they’ve been doing better in that aspect, the molds need to follow suit.

That being said I’ll still get it since this will probably be the last time they issue a Vegito since all of his forms will have been covered with this new release. There’s still a chance for a 2.0 sometime down the line but I’m not holding my breath. Not gonna miss out on potentially the only SSB Vegito Figuarts figure either though...damn they’ve really got us by the balls sometimes [emoji55]

If they do another Cell, it needs to be his Semi-Perfect form. It can include a new set of faceplates for the existing Perfect Cell. And if that sells well enough, I reckon they’ll pursue his first form, somewhere down the line.

Would be great if they attempted Frieza’s first and second forms as well. The line needs more villain love.

Off topic but am i the only one that wishes Tamashii would continue their Mega Man X line? They didn't even scratch the surface of characters they canceled the line way too early

Do Imperfect after they replace the ****** Perfect version.
Had to correct myself. Forgot Imperfect Cell was the first form, lol. Semi-perfect would be the one that comes with the new faceplates.

Premium Color Cell is still floating around enough that I really don’t see Tamashii redoing him... if ever.

Keep them 1.0 molds as Event Exclusives for as long as possible.

Off topic but am i the only one that wishes Tamashii would continue their Mega Man X line? They didn't even scratch the surface of characters they canceled the line way too early

Tamashii doesn't know how to properly handle a line towards the Western Market that isn't Dragon Ball or Sailor Moon. They released the Chogokin Mega Man X and it fell flat. Digimon...what are Digivolving Spirits? Anyways, it's upsetting seeing a line that should do well but the decisions being made sadly ruin it for the rest of us.

Keep them 1.0 molds as Event Exclusives for as long as possible.

Tamashii doesn't know how to properly handle a line towards the Western Market that isn't Dragon Ball or Sailor Moon. They released the Chogokin Mega Man X and it fell flat. Digimon...what are Digivolving Spirits? Anyways, it's upsetting seeing a line that should do well but the decisions being made sadly ruin it for the rest of us.

The TMNT line seems to be over too. The figures are great tho.

The TMNT line seems to be over too. The figures are great tho.
I still need to get the Figuarts Turtles.

I have the 2007 turtles, the Neca turtles, the Revoltech Nick Turtles and the initial throwback line of playmates Nick Turtles. I’ve been meaning to get the ones that started it all... but at the same time, I’m kind of waiting on Neca to decide the movie figures need the 6” love. Just don’t have the room for 14” figures.

Would be neat if Figuarts could hop on the old movie license.

I would recommend the figurerise Krillin for anyone looking for an accurate version. I honestly prefer it over the figuarts, and a little modding turns him into a saiyan Saga/Super version with no undershirt and slippers. Will post a pic when I'm home from work. Scale is better too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back