S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Majin Boo custom on ebay, from controversial member 1andonly

image.jpg
image.jpg

Gotta say, this one ain't half bad. Haven't been the biggest fan of his customs in the past, not necessarily becuz of quality, but becuz of the astronomical prices he starts his bids on. I know customizing takes a lot of dedication & hard work, but it's absurd to want someone to pay $500+shipping for a custom that's barely above Jakks or Irwin-level likeness/quality despite having Figuarts articulation

This Boo is going for $300. If I was him I would start all my auctions at .99 cents with FREE shipping, and let the price skyrocket from there, leaving it entirely in the buyers' hands. If it ends at $40 or $400, then so be it. Let the CUSTOMERS decide how much they wanna pay for it, don't base it on how much you think it's worth, that's bad practice. Unless you put it as a buy-it-now, then fine, but don't start the auction at $200 or whatever man. These aren't diamond-infused watches or rare jewelry, they're action figures. Highly revered & collected items, but still action figures nonetheless. That's the one thing I dislike about ebay.

Someone who makes such crap looking customs as his Nappa should not have an ego big enough to overprice his **** like that.

The thing with customs is sometimes people give too many compliments even on crappy looking figures. It boggles my mind how some collectors let certain customs pass as good when it actuality they look awful or subpar at best. Imo a really great custom should look official and I've only seen a few that could really pass that test. This Kid Buu is ok but that's it. $300 lol. Hybrid Kid Buu is better and much cheaper.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

The DBZ Facebook group is the worst because it goes both ways. Some customs are overpriced, some are bad, some are good and sometimes people can't enough of compliments or criticism.

I have not seen BvS yet so please no spoilers. I even watched a non-spoiler review & I already know too much -_-

Still can't form an opinion on Hit yet, since we know nothing about him. He showcased a unique technique & that's it, which all I can say has me intrigued. However, Frost had me intrigued at first, and they took the easy predictable route with him, so I can't get my hopes too high for the others. Magetta however, I love how bizarre he is. Can't really compare him/it to anybody else we've seen thus far.

I love how nobody really knows wtf he/it is lol. He's not a robot despite his appearance, but he's a "machine man," kinda organic, but at the same time not at all.

With that said, why no flapping cape on a stick?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Didn't want to make the little kids cry to much. Lol

I have not seen BvS yet so please no spoilers. I even watched a non-spoiler review & I already know too much -_-

Still can't form an opinion on Hit yet, since we know nothing about him. He showcased a unique technique & that's it, which all I can say has me intrigued. However, Frost had me intrigued at first, and they took the easy predictable route with him, so I can't get my hopes too high for the others. Magetta however, I love how bizarre he is. Can't really compare him/it to anybody else we've seen thus far.

Oh my bad, I don't ruin it for anyone so I'll hold off on the discussion about it.

Oh my bad, I don't ruin it for anyone so I'll hold off on the discussion about it.

It is a Dragonball thread though, is there not a BvS thread to discuss it in proper? Something similar happened last year with the season finale of Game of Thrones ( @Crisis >_> )

I love how nobody really knows wtf he/it is lol. He's not a robot despite his appearance, but he's a "machine man," kinda organic, but at the same time not at all.

But the question is, would you buy a Magnetta figuart, crisis? You can pretend Nappa's soul is in his body after the gods of Tamashii killed him, and then you'll have a mecha Nappa. Kinda. :lol

After finishing the latest episode, I think you'll be surprised at how tough metal man is. And I may sound crazy here but his fight with Vegeta might have been the best in Super so far in terms of choreography, animation and even some tension. Good episode overall and the animation is getting better.

And that preview, ooooooh boy. :horror

They really need to get going on the Funi dub. I'm tired of hearing the Japanese voices, they're just so grating to my ears [emoji21] Plus hopefully by then they'll have redone the series for the Western audience and the show will be much smoother in it's animation.

They really need to get going on the Funi dub. I'm tired of hearing the Japanese voices, they're just so grating to my ears [emoji21] Plus hopefully by then they'll have redone the series for the Western audience and the show will be much smoother in it's animation.

Don't be a hater. The og voice crew is the best.

Sent from my LG-V497 using Tapatalk

It is a Dragonball thread though, is there not a BvS thread to discuss it in proper? Something similar happened last year with the season finale of Game of Thrones ( @Crisis >_> )

If there is I couldn't find it. And just because it's a DBZ figure thread doesn't mean we can't go off topic once in awhile.

lol i was thinking about exactly that when I was typing that. wise men know when they have made mistakes ��

But the question is, would you buy a Magnetta figuart, crisis?

Absolutely, only cuz I'm one of the few that are in this line till the end. Every DBZ Figuart that gets released I will purchase (including Whis despite my criticisms about him). It's too late for me, I'm in too deep, and I'm riding this train till the last stop, whenever that is (I believe Snake Plissken is with me too. He doesn't even like Super but he's still going to buy those figures)

I grew up on the Ocean Dub voice cast in the mid-late 90's, so that will always be my OG voice crew. Brian Drummond as Vegeta>>> anyone else all day. I will always have mad respect for the Japanese voice actors, but ya can't knock others for preferring, well, what they prefer :dunno

Sent from my LG-V497 using Tapatalk

I just prefer the Funi dub soooo much more is all. They're the OG crew to me and this is one of the few anime franchises that can be argued to have a better English dub than the Japanese. While I don't mind some of the voices and respect the Japanese crew, the English dubbing is much more tolerable all around imo. I just like my Goku to sound like a goofy guy than a hysterical woman but that's just me [emoji53]

I hope I didn't start The War of the Dubs again lol

Back