S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

image.jpeg

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah man, I can forgive the shoulder vest piece, but the knees.. ugh. It's like the typical Goku deltoids all over again. Fortunately I don't plan on having him posed in a way where those knees are exposed, but still. A huge eyesore on an otherwise excellent figure.

received Beerus today :) , ordered PC vegeta late last week, So i'm done until SSB Veegeta. Is he due end of April?

Yeah man, I can forgive the shoulder vest piece, the knees.. ugh. It's like the typical Goku deltoids all over again. Fortunately I don't plan on having him posed in a way where those knees are exposed, but still. A huge eyesore on an otherwise excellent figure.
Cold heartedly agree with every word. There's better options with knee joint and successfully making it look clean. Did they forget what they accomplished with the new prototype Ss4Goku joints?

This begs the question to be asked. My fellow freaks, do you guys prefer the longer wait times for these releases or like they are? Fastly being shoved out. I'm afraid that their skimping out on quality control now.

Cold heartedly agree with every word. There's better options with knee joint and successfully making it look clean. Did they forget what they accomplished with the new prototype Ss4Goku joints?

This begs the question to be asked. My fellow freaks, do you guys prefer the longer wait times for these releases or like they are? Fastly being shoved out. I'm afraid that their skimping out on quality control now.

I prefer quality over quantity, I wouldn't mind having to wait for specific figures just as long as they do a heck of a good job on it

Yup, I actually didnt mind the wait between figures because we knew the quality was there, just now its really hit or miss due to the amount coming out. Plus, saving some money never hurt :p

Although it's nice to get so many figures back to back, I'd rather they focus more on the little details and take their time to really deliver a quality figure than multiple mediocre ones. Look at how they're taking their time with SSJ4 and had they released him long ago, he wouldn't have looked as amazing as he does now. They could've easily updated Beerus' knees in the same style but they chose to rush it out instead. So yeah, quality over quantity. Collector's that have been in this line from the beginning know that patience is a virtue :lol

There's both pros & cons to this situation. I like getting more figure releases a year cuz I do not wanna be waiting till March 2018 for SS4 Goku or whatever, when it was revealed back in 2014. I don't wanna be in my late 30's still waiting for them to release Nappa.

As long as the quality doesn't drop too much, then as it is now even with Beerus' knees n such, it's still passable. It's not a dealbreaker, at least not yet. If Armor Trunks had those same knees or SWA Goku still used the same Goku deltoids, then that means they have no intentions on improving their molds, and we would have to inevitably make a choice about our continued support of the line sooner or later.

But we are seeing improvements as the line progresses, albeit at the cost of accessories which is also something to keep a close eye on. They'll cut corners with 1 character (SSG Vegeta) & deliver an almost 100% accurate product with the next (SS4 Goku) so Tamashii is still in good favor as far as me am concern.

I can live with Beerus having the funky knees. He's not one of my favorite characters (though I enjoy his antics) and I'm not all too excited for the figure...both him and Whis. He still overall looks great.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for SSJ4 Goku. The figure looks fantastic and they nailed it with the first time they showed the prototype. But then going back and fixing up his elbow and his knees shows there does seem to be some vested interest with the figure by Tamashii and I'm hoping that leads to him being announced as the next regular release behind Trunks.

I'd still like to see a "Goku 2.0" with a (mostly) new body mold and using Tamashii's most recent articulation innovations. They can clearly disguise a rounded knee joint behind the baggy pants and make it look more natural (like they have on the SSJ4 Goku) and even sculpt wrinkles on it (like Broly). They could easily re-use the Super Warrior Awakening arms as they're probably the best "muscular arms" we've seen out of the line thus far. They could even re-use the SWA Goku's pelvis-piece as well given how that matches the articulation of the "drop-leg" without even having to dislocate the joint. I've also suggested repainting the SSGSS Goku head to SSJ colors and using that as well (since Toriyama's art changed as time went by and SSJ1 became more spiky) but I'd like to see a SSJ2 sculpt as well, or a new SSJ3 one.

I want a 2.0. Goku as well, SSJ2 would be the best opportunity for it because we'd get a new Goku (which they love making) and an entire new figure to justify it. Re-using the SWA and SSJ4 Goku's innovations would help a lot - the head sculpt and faces plus paint, torso and the arms from SWA, with the legs from SSJ4.

Although it's nice to get so many figures back to back, I'd rather they focus more on the little details and take their time to really deliver a quality figure than multiple mediocre ones. Look at how they're taking their time with SSJ4 and had they released him long ago, he wouldn't have looked as amazing as he does now. They could've easily updated Beerus' knees in the same style but they chose to rush it out instead. So yeah, quality over quantity. Collector's that have been in this line from the beginning know that patience is a virtue :lol

Currently though they are pretty much keeping the same quality. We aren't going down in quality, but rather staying stagnant on the molds. Less accessories is a complaint, but really the line has just been stagnant for a bit until SWA Goku, but that was one figure with improvements, then we went back to the status quo. :(

Before Ressurection F's releases, we were ramped up to a figure every other month almost. However one of those "Releases" was Ultimate Gohan, also known as new head on a 2+ year old body. I don't think quality of the figures is going down, but the product being put forth is less worth the money, as they are skimping accessories. The price going up isn't helping anything either.

The line is booming right now and Tamashii is taking advantage while it can. Not surprising really. :(

I think this is going to be our 2.0 Goku

image.jpeg

Next time we see this it'll probably be updated with the new SWA hips & such

It would be the closest we get to one, it could work for swapping SSJ heads. Kanji may be an issue for some though that can work with the belt to make a good Freiza Saga one

Back