S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WP_20150312_22_19_28_Pro.jpg

He seems to scale pretty well with the Figuarts line overall. If that SSJ4 Goku wasn't coming out I'd definitely pick this one up. What line is that from?

Hi guys :wave, haven't posted for a while, but I've been keeping up with the thread.

I received my Android 16 yesterday and I must say, honestly for the first time that I'm disappointed with a Dragonball Figuarts figure. It's not the figure itself that's the issue, as although he's a much more 'bare bones' release than some of the others he's fundamentally a solid figure and does look good. It's the scale of him which is most disappointing for me... I knew he was going to be smaller than he should be, but it's really apparent to me now that I have him displayed with the other figures.... I know there's some scale issues with some of the other figures, like Cell and Piccolo are a bit on the short side etc, but 16 is the first one which to me looks noticeably off on my shelf, especially if he's anywhere near Broly...

I guess it's just a case of 16 being a far more risky 'large release' than Broly, so they decided to make him smaller than he should be in case he didn't sell very well. It's a shame, as I always liked A-16 and he was high on my list of wanted Figuarts figures (I like the android/Cell period the best). He always seemed like a giant.... he's barely taller than Cell in Figuarts form!

I've had the Scultures Android 16 in my display for the last year and a half, and was intending to swap him out with the Figuarts version when/if it came along, however now I'm not so sure I'm gonna do that.... I'm happy we got an Android 16 figure, but he is a little disappointing for me sadly.

Yeah if you had that massive scultures one, damn. I think you're right about the risk cause I see multiple people ven among us not getting him.

I think in this case though, we should be lucky to have him at all. Im still shocked I have 17/18. Some major characters still havent been made and at least now everyone got the android trio in a row. What with these selling out so fast, this was I think a reasonable compromise.

Tamashiis nearly in a situation where no matter what thy do it'll have a subtantial negative feedback from some fans, to differing quantity. So it's a tough position.

They couldve waited with 16, but that would've made the risk for them only higher so, think this is about the best we could've hoped for.

Yeah I understand why they didn't want to take the risk - to be honest I was pretty damn surprised (but pleased) when 16 was announced, especially so close to 17 and 18.

I guess this was the way to do 16, if they were going to at all. I imagine they figured that if they only released 17 and 18, and then returned to 16 a few years later then a lot of newer collectors to the line may have missed out on the other two, so it must have been safer to release them closer together if at all. I'm very happy that we got a nice articulated A-16, it's just I don't like how he looks in my main display...
I have a secondary display in another room for the few doubles and ZERO's that I have, so I will probably stick him in there and keep my Scultures 16 in my main display behind 17 and 18. That way it won't bother me! He is a nice figure, apart from scale - it won't bother some folk I'm sure.

I will post pictures when I get the chance. I've been making some risers to better display the figures at the back as my shelf's getting crowded, but I'm not quite finished yet... if I manage to get it done this weekend I'll try and get some pics up for you to see :)

It's strange how Vegito is already receiving an Out of da Box video before the next release has even been announced. Chop-chop, Tamashii!

Damn he looks good! In the pics the super saiyan faces didn't look very good but the video definitely makes it look better. I think I'm gonna keep vegetto in normal for though

It's strange how Vegito is already receiving an Out of da Box video before the next release has even been announced. Chop-chop, Tamashii!

This video was made by Distribuidora Animexico, who is the official Tamashii distributor for Mexico. So this is likely one of those "close to final production" samples that Tamashii gave them to display at local events. Much like Bluefin gets samples to show at events around the United States. Unlike Bluefin, they seem to like to make videos out of all the samples they receive. Which is a cool way of showing off the upcoming items other than displaying it at events.

Back