S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goku is named after the Monkey King (Sun Wukong). In Japanese Sun becomes Son.

Here's his original design. Toriyama is a mad man.

e633c59e811faa4a31330b7fa778dfed.jpg

@Blood Purely technically speaking I'd classify hot toys as dolls. But aside from dolls typically being a certain size, that's irrelevant for me. If they were about 9" and a little cheaper, I'd probably buy a few, but as it stood I just didn't really have any space to put something of that size in a way I appreciate. Especially because it's so expensive. I'd be inclined to just buy a poster if I want to display 1 thing so massively. It was just weird for me to see these characters taller than my screen monitor, just, didn't suit me. To be honest I still can't 100% explain it, but I didn't like it.:lol

And not a cent different with statues so the figuarts EX line is not relevant to me either. Sadly there's barely anything in the 7-9" realm now that PAK has upscaled consistently to 10".

I know they called him Son Goku but not Gokou

lol way to make me feel old dude. I thought this was common knowledge by now (been following DBZ since the early 90's and i'm only 26)

It's like when a padawan says "wait there was a Dragon Ball series that takes place BEFORE DBZ?" #youngergeneration

lol way to make me feel old dude. I thought this was common knowledge by now (been following DBZ since the early 90's and i'm only 26)

It's like when a padawan says "wait there was a Dragon Ball series that takes place BEFORE DBZ?" #youngergeneration

We're not old, we're vintage.

In the manga, Krillin is called "Kuririn," they spell it Freeza as opposed to Frieza, etc. A lot of subtle differences here n there throughout the Dragon Ball saga.

Hey.... I had no idea that's what he was called too. That's why I was asking. As far as I know it's been Goku or Son Goku, Gokou is new to me.
It's like Kuririn/Krillin, Baby/Bebe, Bills/Beerus, so on and so forth. There's the japanese name and then the english dubbed version of that name, or whatever the character is called in whatever language the dub is in.

Edit: Crisis beat me to it

It's like Kuririn/Krillin, Baby/Bebe, Bills/Beerus, so on and so forth. There's the japanese name and then the english dubbed version of that name, or whatever the character is called in whatever language the dub is in.

Edit: Crisis beat me to it
Thanks for the info guys. I thought it was due to not being able to use the name Like the recent released klilyn lol

Oh the Japanese and their mastery of Engrish. :rotfl

Honestly, they've never spelled the name in English correctly consistently. I lived overseas in Thailand for a number of years and all the DBZ toys there had Goku spelled differently EVERYWHERE.

I prefer the American English (Dubbed) spellings. Though I'm torn on "Vegito" or "Vegetto". Oh well...potato...po-tah-toe....

Oh the Japanese and their mastery of Engrish. :rotfl

Honestly, they've never spelled the name in English correctly consistently. I lived overseas in Thailand for a number of years and all the DBZ toys there had Goku spelled differently EVERYWHERE.

I prefer the American English (Dubbed) spellings. Though I'm torn on "Vegito" or "Vegetto". Oh well...potato...po-tah-toe....

That's horrible, Bardoon. Although, it does give me a chuckle when I see Krillin's name translated from Japanese and I say it out loud.

I prefer the American English spellings, too. I've always considered it as Vegito spelling because that's how the action figures and even on the CCG have it spelled.

Speaking of translated names, the "o" in Vegeto is actually from Goku's Japanese saiyan name "Ka-karotto" As we have "Ka-karot" sans o in english, to translate the name properly to fit with the other english names he should really be called Vegerot.
(Hyphens to get around the censoring of Goku's name...)

Back