S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off topic but has anybody ordered hot toys from Side Show before? They have free shipping and I'm very tempted to buy the Man of Steel Hot Toys.

From where?

I'd say 99.9% people on this board order their Hot Toys from Sideshow. :)

They're OK I guess. ;)

Is anybody buying the S.H. Figuarts Zero of Saiyan Saga Vegeta and Goku? I've never been interested in them before but I really like how the design resembles the early artistic style.

I'd say 99.9% people on this board order their Hot Toys from Sideshow. :)

They're OK I guess. ;)

I know, it was a goofy question to ask but it wouldn't be different from any of my other goofy questions. :lol

that's not so bad, although it doesn't come with much accessories huh? be warned though that once you receive it, you can fall in love with it and buy a whole of others. if you have a good control over yourself and with money, then proceed. hell, some here are selling there figuarts just to fund their hot toys or vice versa. it's silly, but hey.

that's not so bad, although it doesn't come with much accessories huh? be warned though that once you receive it, you can fall in love with it and buy a whole of others. if you have a good control over yourself and with money, then proceed. hell, some here are selling there figuarts just to fund their hot toys or vice versa. it's silly, but hey.

Not really. Although, other than more faces, I'm not sure what other accessories would have seemed appropriate for "Man of Steel" Superman. Yeah, I noticed a lot of other Hot Toys but I'm satisfied with the action figure counter parts. Man of Steel doesn't have a proper representation of very articulated action figures. I'm hoping for Tamashii or Mafex to begin the process, maybe with Dawn of Justice, since they seem to be going more into Comic Book characters. I know, I noticed quite a few people are cashing in their Figuarts collection. As awesome as they look, I couldn't sell my DBZ Figuarts for them. I never understood the need to sell the Figuarts until I saw the prices for some of the Hot Toys. The Avengers Hot Toys are ridiculous in price. Hulkbuster is $830!

We need more Android 16 pictures. I'll go look for some.

It is. I think I'm going to go through with it. They have a payment plan and everything. I've never bought a Hot Toys before and kind of skeptical about it because it is quite a lot of money.

I was in the same position, I bought 1, and I grudgingly had to sell it because it was too damn big for me. I just couldn't, deal with it honestly. It just, it's not a figure anymore, it's (no offence meant, truly) a doll. Like, I watched plenty of videos but you don't realise the size, at least I didn't, not even with any measuring, until you really have it before you. So... be prepared, you're gonna get a bit of a shock if you've never collected anything over 8 to 9". At least that's my experience. It's aesthetically fantastic, but irl it's just not what I'm into, it's too big. ("Phrasing!")

On the one hand it's disappointing, because they have such great stuff. On the other hand, I could simply cross off everything of that scale which made it really easy and kept me from any strife to find the dough for it, or get hooked on it.:lol Since then I've just simply learned: over 9" is not my cup-a-tea with collectibles.

I was in the same position, I bought 1, and I grudgingly had to sell it because it was too damn big for me. I just couldn't, deal with it honestly. It just, it's not a figure anymore, it's (no offence meant, truly) a doll. Like, I watched plenty of videos but you don't realise the size, at least I didn't, not even with any measuring, until you really have it before you. So... be prepared, you're gonna get a bit of a shock if you've never collected anything over 8 to 9". At least that's my experience. It's aesthetically fantastic, but irl it's just not what I'm into, it's too big. ("Phrasing!")

On the one hand it's disappointing, because they have such great stuff. On the other hand, I could simply cross off everything of that scale which made it really easy and kept me from any strife to find the dough for it, or get hooked on it.:lol Since then I've just simply learned: over 9" is not my cup-a-tea with collectibles.

Which is why I stopped collecting the Play Arts Kais. Although I appreciate the fact that they exist (imagine these being produced in the 90's, an era where great-quality figures were virtually nonexistant compared to nowadays), some (a lot, depending on who you ask) of them are hit-n-miss in my eyes, with varying scale issues & questionable articulation choices. The few that I do own (TDK Joker & Batman, Kratos, Spike & Vicious from Cowboy Bebop) are fantastic and I'm glad I bought them. I don't think I'm gonna buy anymore though, unless 1 catches my eye every so often.

I'm def gonna jump into Figuarts Avengers when they drop. At least their Hulkbuster will be more affordable, guaranteed

I don't know how you Hot Toys collectors do it, that's true dedication to collecting! The most I've ever paid for a single figure was $200 for SDCC Goku and I cried myself to sleep for about a week :lol

I wonder what Tamashii is waiting for by announcing their next Dragon Ball Z S.H. Figuarts. I have a feeling it's Ultimate Gohan. If that happens, Buu should be no later than a month or two after since Ultimate Gohan is just going to be a new head sculpt for an already existing body sculpt.

I don't know how you Hot Toys collectors do it, that's true dedication to collecting! The most I've ever paid for a single figure was $200 for SDCC Goku and I cried myself to sleep for about a week :lol

...Isn't it horrible when that sounds like a great price for SDCC Goku?

I know exactly what you mean about the doll. When I read that the height was 12", it didn't sound like much but after thinking about it, it'll make Broly and the DC Signature Doomsday look small in comparison. As of now, it's giving off a G.I. Joe feel to it.

Which is why I stopped collecting the Play Arts Kais. Although I appreciate the fact that they exist (imagine these being produced in the 90's, an era where great-quality figures were virtually nonexistant compared to nowadays), some (a lot, depending on who you ask) of them are hit-n-miss in my eyes, with varying scale issues & questionable articulation choices. The few that I do own (TDK Joker & Batman, Kratos, Spike & Vicious from Cowboy Bebop) are fantastic and I'm glad I bought them. I don't think I'm gonna buy anymore though, unless 1 catches my eye every so often.

I'm def gonna jump into Figuarts Avengers when they drop. At least their Hulkbuster will be more affordable, guaranteed

They have a Kratos? They seem to be very hit-n-miss to me. I've thought about the Man of Steel ones but then I figured I may just go with the Hot Toys because it resembles the actor so much.

Were you able to order the Iron Man Age of Ultron Figuarts? Hulk Buster is going to be interesting because I wonder if they're going to use die cast metal.

I had the PAK Man of Steel Black Superman which I bought solely since I was at NYCC, sold it later to fund for Hot Toys Christopher Reeve Superman. Later bought the Hot Toys Man of Steel Superman as well when it was on sale during Spooktacular for $125, no regrets though but I have no room to use the stand. Honestly, if you wait, you can get Superman for $160 with the $20 code, which is twice what you pay for the PAK, but you get a far better likeness, far more detailed figure, decent poseability, and more accessories. You also get extra rewards points too, so it's even less effectively.

I had the PAK Man of Steel Black Superman which I bought solely since I was at NYCC, sold it later to fund for Hot Toys Christopher Reeve Superman. Later bought the Hot Toys Man of Steel Superman as well when it was on sale during Spooktacular for $125, no regrets though but I have no room to use the stand. Honestly, if you wait, you can get Superman for $160 with the $20 code, which is twice what you pay for the PAK, but you get a far better likeness, far more detailed figure, decent poseability, and more accessories. You also get extra rewards points too, so it's even less effectively.

What $20 code? Yeah, I couldn't believe the likeness on the Hot Toy. I caught the last 30 minutes of Man of Steel last night and thought to myself how amazingly sculpted the face was.

What $20 code? Yeah, I couldn't believe the likeness on the Hot Toy. I caught the last 30 minutes of Man of Steel last night and thought to myself how amazingly sculpted the face was.
There's a monthly code for $20, but SSC's been slow with distributing.

How many weeks are you gonna cry yourself to sleep IF SDCC gets re-released at retail (which i think was around $45 ?) . Man i almost did it but i couldn't buy him at $200 :panic::dunno

look at you being all careful. are you trying to say something about the people that collect them? :lol

tbh, im the only person of my group of friends that doesn't really get blown away by hot toys. except for a few things. it's mainly the hair that kinda destroys the realistic look for me. especially if they use barbie dolls hair like on black widow. the only way they can win is having it displayed in a dim light room like this

Spoiler Spoiler:

but not in broad day light.

Spoiler Spoiler:

this here is a cinemaquette, it's a statue. the hair is way better but that face doe.

Spoiler Spoiler:

in the end. nothing is perfect. the facial portrait is indeed more important than the hair but i would still not pick up a hot toys. simply because i am not into dolls.

they're all a piece of plastic. so choose your favorite. mine's action figures and statue's :)

I don't know how you Hot Toys collectors do it, that's true dedication to collecting! The most I've ever paid for a single figure was $200 for SDCC Goku and I cried myself to sleep for about a week [emoji38]
Do your taxes.
The tax return are a great excuse to get out there and buy expensive toys for.

How many weeks are you gonna cry yourself to sleep IF SDCC gets re-released at retail (which i think was around $45 ?) . Man i almost did it but i couldn't buy him at $200 :panic::dunno

I was lucky to buy mine at 120$ 2 years ago. Back then I wanted to cry for paying that much for a 6" figure. I still have mine nice and mint, I have no need to open it since I already have the reg version. Now I'm happy I did pick him up, they seem to go for 500$+ now on eBay/Amazon.

I haven't seen anyone mention this but is there a reason they named it Son Gokou? Is it the same reason like what happen to krillin?
a62b3b26b914d5f63deac6a513a19982.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the Japanese name. Or at least how Japan says it in english. There's also son gohan. I really have no idea what I'm talking about.

Back