S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1397377639321.jpg
1397354799500.jpg
1397343147899.jpg
1397343016062.jpg
1397343758749.jpg
1397343525617.jpg
1397343601637.jpg
1397343642536.jpg
1397343669088.jpg
1397379581245.jpg
1397379653562.jpg

I'll likely be getting 3 or 4 Gokus myself. Swap the ss3 head on one, possibly one for ss Goku one for custom fodder and one to remain as is. And I wonder why I'm broke all the time...

Okay, him on the bike is hilarious, but look at him holding Krillin man. Those gi colours. I'm sorry but, it just looks flat-out bad. I almost wish they'd just left Krillin in the old same orange because it looks terrible like this.

Does anyone know if the new Goku and Piccolo rereleases have the faded colors or the new brighter anime colors? I never got the yellow Goku or the orange SDCC Goku, but would like to pick that up if it matches the orange for normal Goku.
It's the faded colors version. It's not that bad (on Goku anyway, idk on Piccolo)

Also, Fan Atticus, fantastic pictures. I'm surprised Vegeta's scouter managed to fit on Goku. That Sailor Moon cameo though :lol

Is there anybody who has either of the 4 existing Goku's rated above many of the other SHF releases? I genuinely feel all four Gokus round out my bottom ranking.:s Setting QC issues aside and purely from a sculpting, paintwork, articulation and accessory angle, I feel Goku is easily the character worst off in this entire line, which is ridiculous considering he has 3 different releases now. The first other character least good would be ssj Vegeta, mostly just because of the lack of accessories.

Seriously bums me out that the main character's iterations are my least liked in the line. Just doesn't sit right with me.

Does the SS3 head fit on the normal goku body? If so I might end up getting an extra one. Maybe even a third one to get better colors on the SS head.

I got you all beat; I plan on getting 10 Gokus and posing them in a variety of positions (some explicit)

i disagree, the first one had no accessories cus he was the first one created as more figures came out they added accessories. Ssj 3 did come with a stand and effect parts and he was the first to include both, just many people dislike they color they went for. This new goku has the best face sculpt to date IMO and comes with plenty of accessories, i think you are too focused on the gi colors not matching which makes you miss out on all the great detail the figure has to offer. Yes the effect wasnt as good but that can be expected just look at krillin's proto and what we got. Also the gis dont look to far off. They look way worse in proto pics.

@silrian

Honestly I don't think any of the final products will ever look as good as their initial prototypes, they almost always drop a few notches in quality. Not just with Figuarts, but with most toys in general.

But I kinda see where Silrian's coming from; it took them so long to release Goku, so the quality should have little to no flaws whatsoever. But as always, to each their own.

Honestly I don't think any of the final products will ever look as good as their initial prototypes, they almost always drop a few notches in quality. Not just with Figuarts, but with most toys in general.

But I kinda see where Silrian's coming from; it took them so long to release Goku, so the quality should have little to no flaws whatsoever. But as always, to each their own.

as far as we know there is no quality issue... only down grade from the proto was the kameha wave. Him not liking the color of the gi has nothing to do with quality just preference. Just like people hate the color of the ssj 3 goku yet its anime accurate..... Quality would be vegetas leg or w.e. I am in no way trying to diss him or anything since he is a friend im just saying i think he is missing out on the figures positives by focusing on one negative. I am also bummed out but theres nothing one can do but repaint. So get an extra krillin or goku :p

I went to the local stores yesterday in hongkong to buy a goku but i notice all the shops has the white sticker one and the price is $55. I end up didnt purchase any as im gonna wait for the international silver and japan gold version. I hate the white sticker ones, the vegeta and cell one i had just fall apart by itself and very loose.

Practically speaking you're right 12eape12. We can't change it now and of course I do like that we're getting a regular Goku with a pretty good sculpt.

But the gi colour isn't a prefference thing, as I said, if krillin had had the same orange I'd be fine with it. This is matter of consistency and tamashii is simply not delivering on that front, they're factually not. And I think design concistency is a valid and objective point of criticism. The same goes for accessories. Since Gohan every character with face plates has received a pallet that includes all their basic most iconic looks. With Goku here this also factually is not the case. At the very least he misses a smirk and clenching teeth, which he does WAY more in the series than the three goofball faces.

So while I understand that whether this annoys you is personal, the criticism on its own isn't just preference, there's no one who'd prefer mismatching gi colours or lack of iconic expressions, no one. You can prefer manga or anime colours, but no one prefers inconcistency. So it's not a prefference thing, it's an objective lack of meeting a standard of design concistency. Coupled with a step backward in accessories. That's just not good, it just isn't. Some aren't bothered, some are, but it isn't good either way.

EDIT: I guess you could blame the gi colour issue on Krillin as well if you want, because he set precedence. So between Krillin and Goku, I'm not happy with Tamashii's design choices. And I don't get where they're going with it. Maybe I have more trouble understanding Krillin's colour, than Goku's. Especially because he has white eyes.

Either choose manga colours, or anime, but don't start mixing them up man, it looks horrible.

Goku is one of two things; either tamashii is simply lazy in making him, or they would rather he matched manga goku since most have him. Likely both tbh

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I went to the local stores yesterday in hongkong to buy a goku but i notice all the shops has the white sticker one and the price is $55. I end up didnt purchase any as im gonna wait for the international silver and japan gold version. I hate the white sticker ones, the vegeta and cell one i had just fall apart by itself and very loose.

Theres no difference in quality, I can tell you that right now man. It makes no sense for tamashii to rate the quality of their figures. The sticker is only for what market it was made for, the figure inside is identical.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Practically speaking you're right 12eape12. We can't change it now and of course I do like that we're getting a regular Goku with a pretty good sculpt.

But the gi colour isn't a prefference thing, as I said, if krillin had had the same orange I'd be fine with it. This is matter of consistency and tamashii is simply not delivering on that front, they're factually not. And I think design concistency is a valid and objective point of criticism. The same goes for accessories. Since Gohan every character with face plates has received a pallet that includes all their basic most iconic looks. With Goku here this also factually is not the case. At the very least he misses a smirk and clenching teeth, which he does WAY more in the series than the three goofball faces.

So while I understand that whether this annoys you is personal, the criticism on its own isn't just preference, there's no one who'd prefer mismatching gi colours or lack of iconic expressions, no one. You can prefer manga or anime colours, but no one prefers inconcistency. So it's not a prefference thing, it's an objective lack of meeting a standard of design concistency. Coupled with a step backward in accessories. That's just not good, it just isn't. Some aren't bothered, some are, but it isn't good either way.

EDIT: I guess you could blame the gi colour issue on Krillin as well if you want, because he set precedence. So between Krillin and Goku, I'm not happy with Tamashii's design choices. And I don't get where they're going with it. Maybe I have more trouble understanding Krillin's colour, than Goku's. Especially because he has white eyes.

Either choose manga colours, or anime, but don't start mixing them up man, it looks horrible.

It doesn't annoy me at all I was just pointing out that it sounds like you are missing out on the positives of the figure. I personally blame krillin as I think they should of made him the same color as the goku prototype, and I agree the white eyes really pissed me off. To me krillin is one of the weakest release. He is slightly too big the eyes and the gi color. As for accessories we don't know how tamashi decides who gets what... but if you compare the new goku he brings plenty. More face plates then cell ( they might not be your preferred ones ) and an effect part, so I think his accessory count is fine, I think he has more then 18 and 17. I think im just happy that the sculpt was not ruined and that its finally out. I know once you have him in hand you'll like him and he will be one of your favorites :p

Back