S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't annoy me at all I was just pointing out that it sounds like you are missing out on the positives of the figure. I personally blame krillin as I think they should of made him the same color as the goku prototype, and I agree the white eyes really pissed me off. To me krillin is one of the weakest release. He is slightly too big the eyes and the gi color. As for accessories we don't know how tamashi decides who gets what... but if you compare the new goku he brings plenty. More face plates then cell ( they might not be your preferred ones ) and an effect part, so I think his accessory count is fine, I think he has more then 18 and 17. I think im just happy that the sculpt was not ruined and that its finally out. I know once you have him in hand you'll like him and he will be one of your favorites :p

It's true that if we didn't have Krillin Goku would stand out less so that's a point of contention that's ambiguous. However the expressions are just effed up. Cell had 3 but he had all the important three and all three where for battle situations. A smirk, an 'f you' and a scream. We have three seperate Goku releases now, and none of them, not the ssj, not the ssj3 and not the regular version, have these super common, super iconic, super basic expressions:
6682272363_5dbf82495b_z.jpg

639px-Goku_Charges_Kaioken_Times_3.JPG

goku_angry_by_dakaarts-d2zzbil.png

It's not like he comes packed to the brim he's quite a slender release. And it's not like they changed him a lot, or at all. It's ridiculous and it's easily the biggest disappointment I've had with Tamashii so far. Three effing releases and we still don't have these expressions for the main character? What the **** is that man? Vegeta has like three hundred now. Gohan, and Trunks each got everything DOUBLE for seperate hair pieces. And after three unique releases we can't get a ****ing smirking Goku? Come on man, just come on. Massive fail. This release could've easily had more faces, I bet it would've barely raised the price even. It genuinely makes me angry because it's so bloody frustrating.

Well I'm really hoping we get the Blue Gi for the Boo arc Gohan. Then we can get a new sculpt or at least a new torso. I also want the variety of colors and the option to use Goku's body.

I wish we had those serious faces, Silrian, because I have no use for the goofy ones. It's like-"Oh that's cute-Now cut the crap. Where's the real deal?" We can't do anything about it, but it's a big waste to me.

Anyways, what do you guys think is the coolest box? I think Cell's is mine with the green and black for Cell.

We can hope for a kaio ken (Kaio what?) release of Goku, and maybe get something like extra faces to use on the normal Goku, like how Android 18 has an extra Krillin head.

Either way Sirlian has a point, I feel they were focusing more on how funny normal Goku was actually, which is a shame.

i disagree, the first one had no accessories cus he was the first one created as more figures came out they added accessories
Piccolo was the first release, he killed it with the accessories. THEN came SSj Goku. Check the dates people -_-

The real issue isn't Goku's gi being too light, it's that Krillin's gi is too dark.

Cant believe I missed that, yeah, philosopher is right; Piccolo came first, then Goku then Gohan, then it started over so to speak with vegeta.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Piccolo was the first release, he killed it with the accessories. THEN came SSj Goku. Check the dates people -_-

The real issue isn't Goku's gi being too light, it's that Krillin's gi is too dark.

Yea I forgot about that, I also agree about krillin his gi is at fault... hang him lol.

Cant believe I missed that, yeah, philosopher is right; Piccolo came first, then Goku then Gohan, then it started over so to speak with vegeta
Yeah, Vegeta and SDCC SSj Goku were the figures that rebooted the line.
Since then we got all the others.

I also agree about krillin his gi is at fault... hang him
:lol

Well, ftr, I don't begrudge people their happy goofy goku faces, at all. But was it too much to ask to just add at least one more very commonly used expression that Goku's been lacking for 3 years now? An expression that comes with practically every other release now? Really? When both previous Goku faces had only two faces, two of which were identical? I feel ****ed over with this release man, I really do. Because I'll bet ya we won't see another Goku for at least 1,5 to 2 years. And after laying down solid money for these, we now have three effing version of the MAIN character and the only serious expressions he has are "I don't like you anymore" and "AAAAAAAAAAH". Really Tamashii? Really?
man-steel.jpg

Is there anybody who has either of the 4 existing Goku's rated above many of the other SHF releases? I genuinely feel all four Gokus round out my bottom ranking.:s Setting QC issues aside and purely from a sculpting, paintwork, articulation and accessory angle, I feel Goku is easily the character worst off in this entire line, which is ridiculous considering he has 3 different releases now. The first other character least good would be ssj Vegeta, mostly just because of the lack of accessories.

Seriously bums me out that the main character's iterations are my least liked in the line. Just doesn't sit right with me.
So, what is this release of Goku faithful to? Manga or anime?

And what, in your opinion, would make this Goku a perfect figure?

so um yeah about another live action movie....

aozdGDX_460s_v1.jpg
More info please. Even if it's just fan art, it looks waaay better than the steaming pile that DB: Evolution was!

Im all for it if zack Snyder is the director.
:rock :rock

It's true that if we didn't have Krillin Goku would stand out less so that's a point of contention that's ambiguous. However the expressions are just effed up. Cell had 3 but he had all the important three and all three where for battle situations. A smirk, an 'f you' and a scream. We have three seperate Goku releases now, and none of them, not the ssj, not the ssj3 and not the regular version, have these super common, super iconic, super basic expressions:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7010/6682272363_5dbf82495b_z.jpg
https://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__c..._3.JPG/639px-Goku_Charges_Kaioken_Times_3.JPG
https://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/276/e/6/goku_angry_by_dakaarts-d2zzbil.png

It's not like he comes packed to the brim he's quite a slender release. And it's not like they changed him a lot, or at all. It's ridiculous and it's easily the biggest disappointment I've had with Tamashii so far. Three effing releases and we still don't have these expressions for the main character? What the **** is that man? Vegeta has like three hundred now. Gohan, and Trunks each got everything DOUBLE for seperate hair pieces. And after three unique releases we can't get a ****ing smirking Goku? Come on man, just come on. Massive fail. This release could've easily had more faces, I bet it would've barely raised the price even. It genuinely makes me angry because it's so bloody frustrating.
A separate 'pack-o-faces' will certainly do the trick although I doubt they'd ever release anything like that.

We can hope for a kaio ken (Kaio what?) release of Goku, and maybe get something like extra faces to use on the normal Goku, like how Android 18 has an extra Krillin head.

Either way Sirlian has a point, I feel they were focusing more on how funny normal Goku was actually, which is a shame.
:lol :lol

I think we can always swap Bardock's smirking face with Goku. And though it's true that normal Goku was derpy a lot of times in the show which I absolutely enjoy (and thus this figure), it's also a fact that the line should cater to a wide range of fans instead of a select few.

So, what is this release of Goku faithful to? Manga or anime?
And what, in your opinion, would make this Goku a perfect figure?

PERFECT!? I just want the two facial expressions I showed earlier, a smirk and a clenching teeth one. Unmissable for a proper goku release. It was bad enough the previous Gokus didn't have them, but with where the line is now, omitting them AGAIN was unacceptable. And there's actually plenty of other expressions you could name.

You guys go ahead and pose him with Vegeta or Frieza and all you'll be able to do is a charging kamehameha and a stare-off, because the other three faces aren't useable in any battle scene. This release is a joke. It's not complete, it's half-assed. And it sucks.

Ok, im just going to say this; the angry face I agree with silrian, but the evil smirk isnt Gokus character imo, he only did it a few times. The happy face is much more to do with his character.

At the end of the day, tamashii knows we will still buy him, thats why he was so rushed lets be honest. Complain all you like, you will still get him.

We are all so used to getting a load of faces and accessories we have forgotten we are essentially spoilt with them. PR/sentai releases dont get effect parts, or faces, hell, we are lucky to get weapons with them.

I will gladly give up the effect part for one of the faces mentioned, in a heartbeat. Also, it's not an evil smirk, it's a confident one. It's VERY Goku to be confident in his own abilities, and to enter a battle with a sense of excitement, Goku enjoys fighting, especially because he's usually confident he'll win. That IS Goku at his best, and it's that Goku I wanna display. At the end of the day Goku is an optimist. That's why he always keeps fighting, and why he's number 1.

And now, with a third release, I still can't display him like that. That's not being spoiled, that's missing the character like he is most of the time actually and it's completely unnecessary, one or two extra faces would not have killed them. And if they did wanna cut it to five, they should've cut at least one smiling face for one of those I mentioned. If they're that primed at keeping it low on accessories, they should cut bonus faces, not essential ones. I'm calling it for what it is: disappointing.

I haven't been the only one to say this, but so far no one else seems to feel like speaking up.

I have spoken up before, but I have decided that getting him as he is will be far better than not having him at all; I have waited almost five years for this guy, I will be happy with whatever they give us.

I also have to say I dont agree with your perception of Goku; sure he is confident, but to the degree you are talking about is only when he goes ssj. When fighting in base he is almost always serious, and when not fighting he is goofing off. Sure he may be excited but not to the degree you say, not in base form. The times he smirks like that are few and far between.

Maybe people don't want to complain anymore since we've known about these faces for a long time and we've had these discussions muliple times since last year. A lot of people are happy with them. I don't understand the "speaking up" thing. Everyone has been giving their thoughts. I'm confused.

Well, I'm not gonna continue a new debate on that. I disagree obviously, but whatever.

I still remain of the opinion that Goku is, except Krillin and Piccolo, worst off of all the characters released thus far. They just can't truly nail a complete Goku release the way they do with most other characters and I find that both weird and disappointing.

EDIT: That's true Bane. I guess I just get flared up again now that we actually get him. I haven't really been thinking at all about this release because it's been so long ago that he was announced. But whatever I see your point.

I really want those faces to. You're right about the confident face. That's the most iconic look for his fight against Vegeta and used a lot during his fight with Cell, the Cell Jrs, Freeza, the Ginyu Force, etc. It is an important face and I would probably have it as a permanent display. I was trying to convince myself otherwise, because I know I'm negative on here and I feel bad about that, so I'm trying to change. I'm only going to use the yelling and stare expression. You're not bugging me or anything, because like I said, I want those too.

As I said before, this is the most iconic image of Goku to me and he has it throughout Dragon Ball:
Goku_Saiyan_Saga.jpg.jpeg

He has that face all the time, even when he's on Kinto-un:
extra114-Goku+arrives.jpg

Hopefully we get Vegeta's Final Flash face at SDCC!

Yeah I'm happy for those who have gotten the release they really wanted, truly. It's just hard to see past my own frustration because it feels like such an easy thing to get right and like all of you, I too have long been waiting for Goku. I guess unlike those who got what they wanted, I'll have to wait longer.

At least I'm not waiting for Nappa, right Blood? *tease*:lol (Although I will buy him if he does ever get released.)

As I said before, this is the most iconic image of Goku to me and he has it throughout Dragon Ball:
View attachment 103921

He has that face all the time, even when he's on Kinto-un:
View attachment 103922

Exactly. It's his "I'm ready to take on the world!" face!

Back