S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manga Goku was released back when this line was struggling in Japan, so it is likely that they cut alot of corners with him.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'm sure they would have wanted it out there, but something just happened. The way I see it, the less they spend on retooling for the main guys, they know will sell well, the more risks and tooling they can use on other characters. Maybe what they were timing it out to get the Androids on schedule. I'm sure they're trying to do the best with what they got.

I wonder if any of the employees at Tamashii get to have any of the leftovers that don't go into production. Like, what did they ever do with that Nappa prototype that was displayed with Vegeta & Goku? They didn't just throw it away. Did they have like a little contest in the company & the winner got to take it home? Is it just sitting at the Tamashii graveyard warehouse where all the other "failed" prototypes are at? I can picture a rep taking one of the few leftovers home with him & giving it to his 8 year old or something :monkey4

Same with Shenron, the Special Beam Cannon, and lord knows what else. I wouldn't be surprised in like a couple years we see that Nappa proto pop up on ebay from an ex-employee, and being sold for like $500 at least. The description will read something like "we got to take some of these prototypes home with us, so i decided to sell one." Arghh!!

I'm sure they would have wanted it out there, but something just happened. The way I see it, the less they spend on retooling for the main guys, they know will sell well, the more risks and tooling they can use on other characters. Maybe what they were timing it out to get the Androids on schedule. I'm sure they're trying to do the best with what they got.

I'm sure they are too, but you'd think that since they have the time to create an alternate Krillin head sculpt with Android 18, then they could also include the smiling SSj Goku face with Normal Goku's release, or better yet, a SSj2 head sculpt! :)

Watch them have a change of heart and decide against including the alternate Krillin sculpt when 18 is released. Let me shut up and not jinx it :monkey1

Well what they could potentially do is if they release a majin vegeta they could maybe add a ssj2 goku head like they did with A18 an krillin , who knows

Looks effin slick dude, bloody nice, pun intended. Dunno if I like the grass much, not a fan of bush (badum-tssss). Lmfao@Woody.:rotfl

Have you tried using Cell's energy effects the way you use ssj3 goku's? They have tiny rocks in them.

now you have me torned :(

678b8f51-de78-44d7-91ef-2b4e869a96b2_zpsfac45d58.png

e78fc072-d4c4-415f-a88f-71a2316cbe3f_zps5c684be3.png

Protos always go into company storage, they always remain company property to my knowledge. Usually goes for all these types of products. For one because it's usually not authorised for public viewing for multiple reasons and ergo the company would not risk an employee to 'put it out there'.

So no, I 99,9% expect that no protos legally make it out to employees.

Oh I think that looks better Blood. It's too bad they're smaller, but they integrate really well. Looks better than the original base with cell dude. Nice going.

alrigh, yeah too bad they're not bigger

nice collection there dude! where are the dragonballs though?

Cool setup! Yeah, I'm dying to get my hands on a decent Shenron, but after seeing the MonsterArts version that Tamashii refuses to release, imo all others pale in comparison :/

P7180167-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg

this thing is articulated from top to bottom, makes me wonder how the hell they were gonna package it (it would have to come in separate pieces i guess)

It was never stated as MonsterArts actually, people just sticked to that because its logical.

Everytime I see that Zero Goku or Vegeta I'm tempted by them both.:lol

And yes great setup gr3nd3l! Your cell looks kinda oddly proportioned to me, must be the angle or something.

Well I think it's awesome that we get to see prototypes, even if they don't get into production. I hope they don't listen to those who complain when they do something cool for fans. They might just do things to get people excited, like that huge statue that they used to support the J Stars VS. game. If you make anything creative, stuff is always tossed. That's why people edit movies. Sometimes if you're lucky you might see some deleted scenes, but a lot of times you don't. We're getting the privilege of seeing the "edited scenes" of figuarts. Tons of money and work was still put into them, but that's how it goes. They didn't make any promises and they even put it on the poll for a chance to get made. They have to pay and put in a lot of time for these things, so if they think Shenron will benefit them well, then no worries! Everyone knew Goku would come out and would sell well, but it didn't come out for years. They already released two Goku's and were fleshing out the cast. Just hang in there man! I don't want you to be so upset!

Madoka and Goku! Awesome....oh god that Miku and Goku:rotfl The smiling Super saiyan face looks pretty bad though, even for a protoype. Those eyes...

Also finally getting Frieza today. I found a Barnes and Nobles coupon and noticed that Frieza's prices are actually going up quite a bit almost every week :horror I just have to get him now to be safe.
View attachment 103593
Just sharing my SHF Dragonball :D
Where is Shenron from?

They should just release the Shenron pieces in the new wave of figures. I know it's been done before but I think it's a good way to raise the price a little and give people an incentive for picking up figures they'd likely pass on. Just my 2 cents lol

Hm, can't say I support that. Everything they can fit in should go to accessories for the character and secondly keeping the price as low as necessary. BAF's aren't something for prestigieous lines imo, they're to make avarage retail lines feel fancier.

I don't know about fancier, but it compels people to buy all the figures, since they don't want to have a bunch of ligaments lying around and get larger figures you wouldn't otherwise get. That Marvel Legends Sentinel is great and more importantly, I got my Collect and Connect Bane. WhyIouttta!!! I'm just kidding.

Having said that, it would be horrible! There's new people coming into this line all the time and these figures are already expensive. Imagine if they already started doing that and pieces came with Vegeta, Gohan, and Trunks. Scalpers would be happy, but I think that's it. Even retail figures, it's difficult to get figures that do that. A lot of stores never even get all the figures needed.

I said this before but I'll reiterate, I think it'll be more feasable for them to package in a Dragon Ball with each release. Normal Goku comes with the 4 star ball, Gohan the 2 star, etc. I'm actually surprised they haven't thought of this.

Later releases could come with the Namek Dragon Balls.

I said this before but I'll reiterate, I think it'll be more feasable for them to package in a Dragon Ball with each release. Normal Goku comes with the 4 star ball, Gohan the 2 star, etc. I'm actually surprised they haven't thought of this.

Later releases could come with the Namek Dragon Balls.

The dragon balls are meh, i kinda like the idea for shenron but tbh i would also rather have him as a complete figure with his own box etc. but if it was either get him released in pieces or not at all id rather have him then not

Back