S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

Lots of feedback since my last post I see. I had a really fun day at the Tamashii Booth and had an absolute blast posing so many figures! All the new pics you'll see tomorrow of the DBZ display are my doing :p I just wasn't allowed to pose Android 18 and normal Goku. But yeah, there's no new DBZ prototypes at all unfortunately. I was able to speak to another Tamashii Rep today but this time it was the guy who handles all of the licensing. We spoke for like 40 mins as we were setting up the Mario display which by the way is amazing!! The figure of Mario is incredible.

But anyway, I got a little bit of new info from him:

Brolly - He said Brolly was pretty much the leader of those polls they took at the cons and they are heavily considering him now despite his size.
Nappa - I mentioned what the other guy said on Friday about Nappa and he said it is true that Nappa isn't really on the list anymore BUT it's possible they MAY revisit him in the future so there's still hope but you'll have to wait a while if it happens.
Gohan - He was curious which adult Gohan people would want...Mystic or Super Saiyan hair (aka Saiyaman clothes). I said I would personally prefer Mystic as that's his more iconic adult look.
Vegeta - Vegeta is the next San Diego Comic Con repaint. He mentioned that there may even be some new tooling with him! He said this is a Vegeta that a lot of people will want even if you have the other two. When I asked if it was that weird color variant when he first showed up in the anime he said could be. I got the feeling I was pressing him too hard about the subject so I stopped asking about it. So I'm not too sure what Vegeta it will be, but that's the next one for San Diego.

Oddly enough, he said the Sailer Moon series is their best selling line ever. But like I said a few months ago, the DBZ line is super strong so I wouldn't worry about your favorite figures not getting their due. I'm sure they will in the long run. I spoke with some retailers and they all said the same thing -- DBZ sells so well for them.

Hope that helps. Next time I go there will be during tear down on Wednesday.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also asked him about a SSJ4 Goku and he said unlikely as it's really not well liked in Japan.

Thanks for the update! I'm pretty surprised that Broly won the poll. IMO, he's a terrible character...

You had mentioned that kid buu was on the table for a release sometime - could you find out if there is a chance we will get him (or another NEW release) beyong android 18 in 2014?

My money's on Super Vegeta as this year's SDCC exclusive, as he would only require retooling in his arms and face.

Thanks for the update! I'm pretty surprised that Broly won the poll. IMO, he's a terrible character...

You had mentioned that kid buu was on the table for a release sometime - could you find out if there is a chance we will get him (or another NEW release) beyong android 18 in 2014?

I asked him just that and he said he really couldn't comment on it. I didn't want to pester him.

And people like Brolly because he's a saiyan and has a cool design and is the "strongest" as lots of people say haha.

great info pwnstar511, we really appreciate the news your provided.

Im not really excited on any Gt characters too. I'd prefer they do movie characters first. there are a lot of characters in the line anyway. android 16, goten, trunks and vegetto gogeta.

something like this set would be good display'

!B9(RqqQB2k~$(KGrHqYOKj!EzJ5rOFl7BM5kmJkRC!~~_3.jpg

I'm excited about kid buu, I really planned to make one but I'd rather wait.

I really want them to do all the characters they did on the ufs. The mystic gohan would save them a lot of mold and earn a lot of money with a simple hair change and headswap

elot

Hi All,

Lots of feedback since my last post I see. I had a really fun day at the Tamashii Booth and had an absolute blast posing so many figures! All the new pics you'll see tomorrow of the DBZ display are my doing :p I just wasn't allowed to pose Android 18 and normal Goku. But yeah, there's no new DBZ prototypes at all unfortunately. I was able to speak to another Tamashii Rep today but this time it was the guy who handles all of the licensing. We spoke for like 40 mins as we were setting up the Mario display which by the way is amazing!! The figure of Mario is incredible.

But anyway, I got a little bit of new info from him:

Brolly - He said Brolly was pretty much the leader of those polls they took at the cons and they are heavily considering him now despite his size.
Nappa - I mentioned what the other guy said on Friday about Nappa and he said it is true that Nappa isn't really on the list anymore BUT it's possible they MAY revisit him in the future so there's still hope but you'll have to wait a while if it happens.
Gohan - He was curious which adult Gohan people would want...Mystic or Super Saiyan hair (aka Saiyaman clothes). I said I would personally prefer Mystic as that's his more iconic adult look.
Vegeta - Vegeta is the next San Diego Comic Con repaint. He mentioned that there may even be some new tooling with him! He said this is a Vegeta that a lot of people will want even if you have the other two. When I asked if it was that weird color variant when he first showed up in the anime he said could be. I got the feeling I was pressing him too hard about the subject so I stopped asking about it. So I'm not too sure what Vegeta it will be, but that's the next one for San Diego.

Oddly enough, he said the Sailer Moon series is their best selling line ever. But like I said a few months ago, the DBZ line is super strong so I wouldn't worry about your favorite figures not getting their due. I'm sure they will in the long run. I spoke with some retailers and they all said the same thing -- DBZ sells so well for them.

Hope that helps. Next time I go there will be during tear down on Wednesday.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also asked him about a SSJ4 Goku and he said unlikely as it's really not well liked in Japan.

Thanks for the update! And ya you dont wanna pester them too much you already got us a good chunk of info, great job, really lookin forward to seeing broly lol

Thanks for the update pwnstar511! We all appreciate your efforts in letting our voice be heard:) I new that the SDCC was going to be vegeta! That's awesome! I missed out on the SSJ one as a lot of other people did but I sure as hell won't be missing out on this one! I'm buying multiples! Ha and as far as the other future releases go, I'm excited to see what is to be released, thus far this year we have normal goku, the sdcc vegeta, android 18 and hopefully 17 by the end of the year and kid buu early next year hopefully, that's great bc it shows the line is thriving! The Brolly figure could be of great importance in that if made the sales of that figure could dictate whether or not Bandai tamashii nations decides to venture into other larger scale figures! All in all great news pwnstar511 thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EXCELLENT news. I knew there was still hope for Nappa, and possibly Shenron. It'll just be a while before we see them again (just like it took us years to finally get Normal Goku, and he's STILL not out yet)

Guess Broly in his Legendary Super Saiyan Form is the one they're considering. But he's almost the same size as Nappa, so it'll be interesting to see how that'll work. Hopefully they don't make a fully painted prototype & show it off, just to pull the plug because of size issues :/

came by to give a little feedback and to say @PwnStar511 rules...

That's pretty much all I was hoping for so no complaints from me. I'd like to see an Arlian Vegeta just because I know it will be well done but I really hope that isn't the version coming out. He said it may have new tooling and really all you'd need for a Majin Vegeta would be a new torso... it will be very interesting to see if that is the SDCC exclusive. It's good a slot won't be wasted on a SS4 Goku...it would be a cool figure but personally I'd hate to see it, I'd take Super Saiyan God before that form. I also hope we don't see a Mystic Gohan in the end...a new Gohan head on a Goku body with no super saiyan head...how boring.

Freakin awesome Pwn! I just hope you'renot gonna get into trouble telling us about the sdcc. We all might be asking stuff constntly, but you should make sure you're allowed to tell us... I really thought they wanted tokeep the sdcc secret, sure that wasn't to,d to you in confidence...?

Can't wait to see the display!

Rudy, Tamashii are a part of bandai, they dont need money in any form, they dont want backing lol.

Pwnstar, amazing info as always; im with Silrian though, make sure you wont get into trouble for OVERtelling us stuff, no matter how much some may pester you about it.

Reason I say that is the derringer visits this board every so often, and if you werent meant to tell us something, bad things could happen like job losses etc.

Pwnstar, thank you. Thank you so much! I hope we'd get a SSJ head for Gohan, as I really would love to recreate the scene where they all are on Babidi's ship. I can't believe they were even open to doing the SSJ Gohan with the Saiyaman suite, NOT the full on Great Saiyaman. I am so blown away and happy. I hope it happens because it would have great color variety with the green. I could probably use the heads on a Goku body, for Mystic. Unless they retool it and gives us a taller and new body, then there would be some variety. Whatever, they know what's best!

THEY LISTENED! I'm so happy about the SDCC news! I hope the one Amazon retailer comes back, so I can afford multiples. But this is just fantastic! I just want to have my core characters first before delving into characters I don't really want to spend so much money on. You mentioned Adult Gohan, so in my mind, it's a lock.

Thanks for asking about SSJ4 Goku. I really appreciated that! As long as I get Majin Vegeta, Kid Goku, Mystic Gohan (hopefully with a SSJ head), and Super Boo (Although, I get that's not happening, so I should cross that off) I will do my best to support all other releases.

My guess for the SDCC Vegeta is that it will be the SS Vegeta mold, BUT he will be painted in his non-SS form (black hair, eyes, etc.). Also, the retooling will be the stripes on his boots and crossed arms piece.

Majin vegeta? Man people would riot in the streets.:lol

I think a black haired vegeta or one with veins, a super vegeta maybe, dunno. Think that'd be it. The fact that peoplewho already have vegeta would still want him is an interesting hint.

It could also be namek vegeta.... His darker armor in which he dies at friezas hand is very akin to the ssj vegeta mould.

Majin vegeta? Man people would riot in the streets.:lol

I think a black haired vegeta or one with veins, a super vegeta maybe, dunno. Think that'd be it. The fact that peoplewho already have vegeta would still want him is an interesting hint.

It could also be namek vegeta.... His darker armor in which he dies at friezas hand is very akin to the ssj vegeta mould.

Yea I would love to have that version but will it happen though ?glad to hear this line is going strong.

I'm pretty sure majin vegeta will be a regular release. It's about the only true stnd alone main version of vegeta left, why make it an sdcc one?

Granted... It would explain why he wasn't on the survey poll last year... *thunderstorm*

sailor moon are you joking? WE NEED TO CRUSH THEM !!!! Wont be buying them anymore, and they wont be as popular once they run out of the main 4 characters. DBZ#1

Rudy, Tamashii are a part of bandai, they dont need money in any form, they dont want backing lol.

I never said they needed or wanted backing. If they were unsure of the line or about how far they were going to go into the DBZ character roster, something like this might clear the air for them. Every company worries about risk and the bottom line no matter how deep their pockets go.

Back