S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking at this picture again, i agree Nappa is really large compared to other figurarts. Its already the size of the SIC series.

Ranger_Chris611365216126.jpeg

Hi All,

As some of you may remember, I was able to work at the Tamashii Nations booth last October for New York Comic Con. Well they asked if I could help them again for NY Toy Fair and of course I said yes. I just wanted to report back with some news after speaking with one of their reps from Japan (this was a different guy setting up all the displays). He seemed to be about my age (26) and was very friendly.

He said that Android 17 is next in the lineup with Kid Buu most likely following up after him to complete the main villains of the series. Super Buu and Fat Buu are much bigger versions and from what I gather, those bigger figures aren't favored by Bandai for production. He said Nappa and Shrenon are no longer a consideration.

We didn't put the figures in the cases yet but I wouldn't count on seeing any new prototypes at TF unfortunately. He just showed me Android 18 while he was getting everything ready for tomorrow.

Thanks for the update! Sucks we won't be seeing Nappa or Super Buu! I really think both these characters would be good draws, I mean the sheer size of nappa would catch people's attention, and I know that with a bigger figure comes a bigger price tag but really now we're collectors for a reason. That just comes with the game, and as far as Super Buu I'd see him selling amazing seeing as how many people like his character look and how he can be posed with pretty much any of the characters already released not to mention if they release Mystic Gohan both he and Super Buu would compliment one another very well! Anyways that's just my opinion, in the end of the day money talks and if Bandai isn't making any money they aren't interested no matter how much the fans want it (well to a certain extent)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was never really interested in Nappa at all to be honest. Call me crazy, but I want some more Earthlings! Yamcha, Tien (with Chiaotzu accessory likely) and even Chi-Chi maybe. Although if they make Yamcha, it has to have at least two hair styles: Saiyan saga mega-mullet and android saga spikes. Thats what the videogames tend to include as Yamcha's costumes anyway.

Hi All,

As some of you may remember, I was able to work at the Tamashii Nations booth last October for New York Comic Con. Well they asked if I could help them again for NY Toy Fair and of course I said yes. I just wanted to report back with some news after speaking with one of their reps from Japan (this was a different guy setting up all the displays). He seemed to be about my age (26) and was very friendly.

He said that Android 17 is next in the lineup with Kid Buu most likely following up after him to complete the main villains of the series. Super Buu and Fat Buu are much bigger versions and from what I gather, those bigger figures aren't favored by Bandai for production. He said Nappa and Shrenon are no longer a consideration.

We didn't put the figures in the cases yet but I wouldn't count on seeing any new prototypes at TF unfortunately. He just showed me Android 18 while he was getting everything ready for tomorrow.

Awesome dude, thanks so much for representing us!

17, *screams of joy*, glad for the kid buu fans as well. But.... The news about nappa and big figures definitely is a let down, especially not having Nappa next to saiyan Vegeta... Although it always felt too good to be true to be honest. That nappa proto was hella unfinished.

This does confirm somewhat that the survey list from last year is probably the majority of what we can expect next.

I was never really interested in Nappa at all to be honest. Call me crazy, but I want some more Earthlings! Yamcha, Tien (with Chiaotzu accessory likely) and even Chi-Chi maybe. Although if they make Yamcha, it has to have at least two hair styles: Saiyan saga mega-mullet and android saga spikes. Thats what the videogames tend to include as Yamcha's costumes anyway.

Totally agree. I want Chichi, Lunch, Bulma, Roshi... I want the Z Fighters and allies full.

You're not crazy! Yep, I want Chi Chi, Lunch, Bulma, Tien, Yamcha,and Roshi more than Nappa as well. I want him more than the Androids though. I'm pretty confident we would never get Lunch, Roshi, or Chi Chi, but hopefully we still could get Bluma, Tien, and Yamcha. I don't want their Cell saga uniforms though, I want their Saiyan saga uniforms, because it's closest to their Piccolo arc looks. I would also want a couple King Piccolo demon clansman for them to fight. I am really bummed about Super Boo, but Mystic Gohan is still my favorite version of Gohan and the Boo arc is where he became one of my favorite characters, so I will take any and all versions of him. Raditz is a huge, but I really want him and he was on the poll. He'd probably be very expensive, but I would buy him.

Four new releases a years still probably. I understand, but they're smart focusing on the video game stuff, especially Nintendo, because their fans seem to be pretty hardcore. But I hope counter656 makes a stop motion video of Vegeta beating the crap out of Mario for me, to make me feel better!

Pnstar511, if you see this in time and speak to tamashii reps this weeknd, could you ask them if 17 will be the last new release of 2014? Apart from and sdcc ex...

Pnstar511, if you see this in time and speak to tamashii reps this weeknd, could you ask them if 17 will be the last new release of 2014? Apart from and sdcc ex...

I really, really hope we manage to get Kid Buu by the end of this year

I hope so too for you guys.:) And also because in general I find 3 new releases per year a little disappointing.

I wonder if kid buu would come with stretched out arms and that stuff. Although I won't be buying him either way I think. I also wonder though if we'll get anything pre-android at all in upcoming years. With kai buu upcoming I think they'll shift from android to buu period entirely. If kid buu gets here after 17, I can't see any pre-buu characters coming for at least a year.

Think I'm gonna pre-emptively mourn the lack of a tall armoured Trunks.:lol With 17 and normal Goku, the absolute core of characters I wanted feels complete to me though, so I'm not complaining (...all too loudly:lol).

Thanku for the update pwnstar511. As of now tamashii please just release figures. :) still want to complete my z fighters and core dbz characters.

Ok can't tell if you're completely serious or not, however if you are completely serious than I'm right with you. I really wanted a Nappa to go with the Vegeta figure, honestly I'd rather have him than Kid Buu, ya sure I'd like a Kid Buu for my SSJ 3 Goku however come on that's not as cool of a display or as memorable of a moment as the saiyan saga
I was def serious lol. Im not giving hope on it. He will come oat one point or another

I'm still very excited to see the line continuing, that is in my opinion the best of news. Also I'm excited for android 17 and kid buu, hopefully with kid buys release they could do a sdcc exclusive of the SSJ 3 goku with much better paint apps that would be nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no way they'll release Kid Buu before the end of 2014. They might show off the prototype, but the release date will be sometime next year AT THE EARLIEST, without a doubt. Just look at how long it took for them to give us Normal Goku. When was he first revealed, 2010, 2011? It's also highly likely that Android 18 will get delayed until Fall, perhaps even later than that. And that in turn just means we won't see 17 until Spring 2015.

That said, they might have closed the book for Nappa & Shenron for the immediate future, but at the rate they release figures, maybe they'll change their minds & give them a release date sometime in late 2016, just for them to be delayed until March 2017.

No Nappa....or Shenron....
Just when I decided that I would get them :(

Well this does not improve my mood.

For the guys hoping that a high price point and limited quantities would solve anything, keep in mind that there would be no way to make up for the production costs (which are typically quite high, and is the reason why they need to guarantee that the product will sell 1000s before they invest in it)

Even if they sold Nappa for $300 it would not cover the cost of making him, producing him, and shipping him (you got to imagine how heavy that thing is).

^ You're probably right, I'm sure they have their reasons on why it's not financially viable to release them. But what's driving me crazy is, why did they even bother to show off those prototypes to us? Why waste the time & resources sculpting, painting, adding articulation to Nappa & Shenron and put them on display for all to see, if their fates were already predetermined to never leave the showroom floor? What if they had also added to their displays prototypes for Chi Chi, Lunch, Tien, Yamcha, the entire cast of characters, fully articulated & painted, standing next to the other "safe" characters in various poses, only to tell us "Yeah, just ignore all those other characters we made for no reason, focus on the main draws!"

It's one thing to have prototypes of said characters that they never reveal to the public, that's fine. Mention it in passing in one of those articles, "Yeah, at one point we made a Nappa prototype, but ultimately decided it won't be a good sell, so here's Android 17 instead." That's totally understandable. But to tease us with something that physically exists and has already gathered an audience, only to say that they have no interest in pursuing it, not even as SDCC Exclusives or anything, is just plain trolling the fans man.

Back