S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sailor moon are you joking? WE NEED TO CRUSH THEM !!!! Wont be buying them anymore, and they wont be as popular once they run out of the main 4 characters. DBZ#1

I was surprised at this too!

I wonder what the production run is for the Sailor Moon figures as compared to the DBZ line.
Sounds like they make a ton more Sailor Moon as they are still in stock at most retailers.

I'm pretty sure majin vegeta will be a regular release. It's about the only true stnd alone main version of vegeta left, why make it an sdcc one?

Granted... It would explain why he wasn't on the survey poll last year... *thunderstorm*

That worries me! And the thing about it being enticing to people who already has it, worries me, because I don't know if they would want to pay for a Super Vegeta. I hope it's not Namek, even though I will buy it, but I then I hope they re-issue SSJ Vegeta. I really want the hero versions of him. Being that he wore that armor in Yo Son Goku and His Friends Return. One of the biggest reasons why I love the Boo Saga so much is because it's the last arc, and with it, I carry all my emotions of the characters and the events from the previous arcs, being that it's one complete story. When I look at Mystic Gohan or the Saiyaman suited Gohan, I see the Gohan who trained with Piccolo, studied in the caves, saved the Namekian children, stood up to Vegeta, unloaded his might on Freeza after thinking his father was murdered, killed Cell, rescued the dinosaur, comforted Videl when she was nearly beaten to death, spent time with his little brother training, fought Daburra and Super Boo, etc. That's why I'm so into wanting the Boo arc versions of these characters. I guess it sounds ridiculous, but the characters mean a lot to me.

Majin vegeta? Man people would riot in the streets.:lol

I think a black haired vegeta or one with veins, a super vegeta maybe, dunno. Think that'd be it. The fact that peoplewho already have vegeta would still want him is an interesting hint.

It could also be namek vegeta.... His darker armor in which he dies at friezas hand is very akin to the ssj vegeta mould.

Good point - I think a Namek vegeta is a very strong possibility and would probably be relatively easy to make from either the SS or Scouter Vegeta molds. I don't know if I would want a namek vegeta though... As far as a Super Vegeta I think it is very unlikely given how buff he is compared to his regular SS version. This would require an entirely new body mold.

Honestly, given the pattern of previous SDCC releases, there is no reason to believe that SDCC Vegeta will be anything other than a repaint with no retools to the mold itself.

Lol SDCC SSJ Vegeta - Coloured boots version.:rotfl

It'd be so freaking funny if that was it, but I think it's gonna be a bigger change. The fact that he said people who have vegeta already would still be interested – commercially a very logical approach – is a hint for that I'd say.

Bandais sh monsterarts have been photographed, no pics for us yet?

PwnStar, you're a hero! It maybe best if we omit any talk about the details about the SDCC exclusive, and pretend we never heard about it just in case this gets either of them in trouble.

PwnStar, you're a hero! It maybe best if we omit any talk about the details about the SDCC exclusive, and pretend we never heard about it just in case this gets either of them in trouble.

I'm with ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

No problem! I really don't think anyone would be getting in trouble for the information I shared. Nothing has been 100% confirmed and the information sounded more like subtle hints. I don't think he would share anything he knew he couldn't. All the speculation you guys are doing is the same thing we've been doing for months (just now we have a little more to bite at). He seemed very open about talking about the things we discussed and was more-so interested in my feedback after I told him what a fan I was.

He didn't specifically say not to say anything and I would have definitely honored that if he did. Derringer is a cool guy as well and he was the first guy I spoke to at NYCC with the same kind of friendly demeanor, sharing whatever he could. If anyone from Tamashii is reading this, I feel they would find the discussion useful.

I think we're OK to continue discussing the future figures. :)

1617763_266549730174599_426149934_o.jpg

Gohan Proposal:

We all want some form of Buu saga Gohan, but we can't decide on something that is both feasible that offers the most to the collection. So here is my proposal

I suggest a Gohan that gives everyone the option to make a Ultimate Gohan via head swap with normal Goku.
This would give us "sort of" two Buu saga Gohans.
My candidates:
2460255708a2517105431b637112867l.jpg

1 head w Black hair,
1 head w SSj Hair, and...
1 additional SSj2 frontal hair piece.

You see, you could use his serious face on the black hair head, then put that on a normal Goku body. Win, win. You get a unique Gohan, and a Ultimate Gohan if you head swap with a second Goku.

Next candidate:
Gohan-Videl-gohan-and-videl-30996828-552-415.jpg

1 Removable cape (hooks onto the neck collar, not visible if removed)
1 Saiya Helmet, (no face, you plug the extra faces into the helmet like you would any other figure)
1 Bandana with shades (no face, just like the helmet, shades plug into the Bandana)
1 head w Black hair,

You see with this, you get a unique Gohan, and a Ultimate Gohan if you head swap with a second Goku.

Admittedly the latter candidate would be unlikely, but it would offer more to everyone's collection who wants either Ultimate Gohan, Great Saiya Man, or some other form of Gohan.

If we get root for Ultimate Gohan, we will be cheating ourselves out of an extra Gohan. And people who want variety would also be cheated because a simple head swap would have done the trick.

Thoughts???

Gohan Proposal:

We all want some form of Buu saga Gohan, but we can't decide on something that is both feasible that offers the most to the collection. So here is my proposal

I suggest a Gohan that gives everyone the option to make a Ultimate Gohan via head swap with normal Goku.
This would give us "sort of" two Buu saga Gohans.
My candidates:
2460255708a2517105431b637112867l.jpg

1 head w Black hair,

You see, you could use his serious face on the black hair head, then put that on a normal Goku body. Win, win. You get a unique Gohan, and a Ultimate Gohan if you head swap with a second Goku.

Next candidate:
th

1 Removable cape (hooks onto the neck collar, not visible if removed)
1 Saiya Helmet, (no face, you plug the extra faces into the helmet like you would any other figure)
1 Bandana with shades (no face, just like the helmet, shades plug into the Bandana)
1 head w Black hair,

You see with this, you get a unique Gohan, and a Ultimate Gohan if you head swap with a second Goku.

Admittedly the latter candidate would be unlikely, but it would offer more to everyone collection who wants either Ultimate Gohan, Great Saiya Man, or some other form of Gohan.

If we get root for Ultimate Gohan, we will be cheating ourselves out of an extra Gohan. And people who want variety would also be cheated because a simple head swap would have done the trick.

Thoughts???

I think both are great ideas! I know a lot of us, myself included, love the look of mystic Gohan but like you said we would be in some ways cheating ourselves of variety, I think the best way to solve this would be to do the saiyaman Gohan, more so the one that fights against Dabura, he can have a removable cape, the ssj 2 hair, a normal head and however unlikely but for the sake of the argument he can have a third head with the bandana look I know it seems like a lot but it is doable and being it comes with so many options people would buy multiples giving themselves more variety and earning bandai more money! So yes I agree with your ideas! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, there's my baby :p I spent like an hour on that haha. I was going for the Dragon Fist pose with SSJ3 Goku and the "come at me bro" pose for Cell lol.
Great work PwnStar, I mean it! Most displays never capture the exact poses correctly, but yours certainly did.
You paid great attention to the rotation of the arm and leg swivels to achieve the most natural look (for Trunks and Vegeta especially). Stunning!

SSj3 Goku Super Dragon Fist launcher for the Win! :lol

Great work PwnStar, I mean it! Most displays never capture the exact poses correctly, but yours certainly did.
You paid great attention to the rotation of the arm and leg swivels to achieve the most natural look (for Trunks and Vegeta especially). Stunning!

SSj3 Goku Super Dragon Fist launcher for the Win! :lol

Thanks! Posing is one of my favorite things to do in this hobby which is why I love SH Figuarts so much. Their articulation allows for endless possibilities. I noticed that other helpers there posed their figures rather quickly and moved on to the next case. I guess that's understandable since there's so much to do but still...nice poses make all the difference in my opinion. I was told that most of the press that go to these shows don't care about the way a figure is posed which is why you usually see ****ty poses at these conventions.

once again I find myself agreeing with The_Philosopher...to further what he said I'd like to make a repost of my blue gi Gohan suggestion from another forum. I know many want the Ultimate/Mystic version of Gohan but to me that's just another Goku with a Gohan head slapped on. Do we really need that?

g2_zps4de99492.png

(though I guess that would open the door for a Buu Saga normal form Goku, assuming the outfit is red...)

If it were up to me we'd be getting Gohan in his blue gi outfit. A Mystic Gohan likely wouldn't come with a super saiyan head since he never used it after he gained his mystic form. The chances of a blue gi Gohan coming with a super saiyan head are much better and it would also provide more head swap options. You would need to have multiple versions of both Gohan and Goku to do this but I think it would be a much better alternative to a Gohan with one head and a Goku body.

g1_zps7f9fdaaf.png

Not only that but if they actually make a Great Saiyaman figure then that would allow for even more head swaps.

g3_zps8f02e96f.png

I feel that would be the best route for them to take and it would add a little substance to a line already full of Goku figures.

BdWJX0HCAAAYADi.png

(art by TheDevilsCorpse https://the-devils-corpse.deviantart.com/)

_ _ _ _ _

back on topic...I'm not sure why I didn't ask this the first time but how was the normal form Goku PwnStar511? Were you responsible for that Power Rangers group shot? That set up was awesome, I really liked seeing all the releases next to each other.

Base Gohan's hair and Mystic/Ultimate's ins't the same but yeah, neat ideas! Timone, i was looking for that on the other thread lol.

once again I find myself agreeing with The_Philosopher...to further what he said I'd like to make a repost of my blue gi Gohan suggestion from another forum. I know many want the Ultimate/Mystic version of Gohan but to me that's just another Goku with a Gohan head slapped on. Do we really need that?

g2_zps4de99492.png

(though I guess that would open the door for a Buu Saga normal form Goku, assuming the outfit is red...)

If it were up to me we'd be getting Gohan in his blue gi outfit. A Mystic Gohan likely wouldn't come with a super saiyan head since he never used it after he gained his mystic form. The chances of a blue gi Gohan coming with a super saiyan head are much better and it would also provide more head swap options. You would need to have multiple versions of both Gohan and Goku to do this but I think it would be a much better alternative to a Gohan with one head and a Goku body.

g1_zps7f9fdaaf.png

Not only that but if they actually make a Great Saiyaman figure then that would allow for even more head swaps.

g3_zps8f02e96f.png

I feel that would be the best route for them to take and it would add a little substance to a line already full of Goku figures.

BdWJX0HCAAAYADi.png

(art by TheDevilsCorpse https://the-devils-corpse.deviantart.com/)

_ _ _ _ _

back on topic...I'm not sure why I didn't ask this the first time but how was the normal form Goku PwnStar511? Were you responsible for that Power Rangers group shot? That set up was awesome, I really liked seeing all the releases next to each other.
Nice! I like this, great visuals. My personal favorite would be the blue Gi, my brother would rather Saiya man, and both of us would get either one regardless :lol

By getting a unique body for Gohan, we get more out of it (not to mention, timone makes a good point I hadn't considered, Ultimate Gohan wouldn't come with many accessories at all. Any other Buu Saga Gohan would give us better value than an Ultimate Gohan)

I only really want Ultimate Gohan as a manual head swap in my display next to either blue Gi Gohan or Saiya Gohan.

Good Post Timone :)

Back