S.H. FiguArts - Dragonball Z Feedback for Tamashii Nations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First Preference: This thread won't affect anyone's mind at Tamashii.

Second Preference: Therefore, this thread is useless.

First Preference: This thread won't affect anyone's mind at Tamashii.

Second Preference: Therefore, this thread is useless.

I can understand why you may feel that way, however, I respectfully disagree. The person who started this poll was asked by the Tamashii Nations rep for feedback on character popularity in America at the NYCC. Rather than give his singular opinion, he offered to set this more collective approach as the feedback opportunity requested by Tamashii when he worked as a volunteer at the booth. Customer feedback is very much an important driver in marketing and sales creating and delivering products for the end purchaser......us. Then again, that's just my opinion as well.

First Choice :
Ultimate Gohan

No reason needed here.

Second Choice:
Android 18 - strongest female character, broke vegeta arm, Krillin wife, and my one of my favorite characters

First Preference Metal Cooler
A fan of the character design, the metallic look could be eye catching if done well.

Second Preference Kid Buu
As others have said need to finish off the main villains, could have interesting accessories such as a stretched arm.

First Preference: Kid Gohan(if possible, in Saiyan and Namek saga garbs)

I chose this character because Dragonball Z is in a way about the story of Gohan and his steps toward being Goku's successor(well, that is until Goku stole the show again during Buu Saga lol), and so Gohan's kid appearance would mark a good spot for a smaller-scale figuart. They could even do a two pack of him, one with his Piccolo-esque garb from the Saiyan saga, and the other in the Saiyan battle armor from the Frieza saga, that way we could get his wild hair and his bowlcut!

Second Preference: Kid Goku

Yes, this is a weird choice given the releases so far, but it'd be the perfect way to get a Dragonball figure line going, plus he's really cool as a stand alone! Even displayed with his older self and the Super Saiyan forms it'd make a cool thematic display for the history of Goku. I watched DBZ before DB but I still believe the character's personality comes directly from Dragonball, and Kid Goku makes for great crossovers, as he isn't as OP as his Z counterpart.

Last edited:
First preference

Great Saiyaman Gohan w/ Helmet head and SSJ Head

I think his design stands out compared to the other costumes of DBZ characters, plus an adult gohan would be cool.

Second preference

Majin Vegeta w/ a "Majin" head and normal SSJ head

He looks pretty menacing, even for Vegeta's standards.

First preference: Kid Goku

This is where it all started, so our DBZ collections wouldnt be complete without Goku's first look. If packed with the Nimbus Cloud and Power Pole, or even dragonballs and dragon ball radar, it'll be hard to pass up on this. Even if he's small in size, he can come with accessories that can be used for other figures (eg: dragonballs, nimbus). Also, it's Goku, so I'm pretty sure it'll sell well. I myself want to get every version of Goku.

Second Preference: Pink Shirt Vegeta

Give this one some serious consideration, as I seriously really want one. This was discussed in the forums too, and I think a lot of people would want this version of Vegeta. Especially after all the major versions have been covered (Majin Vegeta, etc), Vegeta fans are gonna look for something else to buy. Why not a pink shirt Vegeta? :)

First Preference:Majin Vegeta/Buu Saga Vegeta It's my favorite design for my favorite character. It's also in the Buu saga that Vegeta stops acting less like an egotistical **** to a proper hero. He sacrifices his life in an effort to save the planet and his loved ones, he puts aside his pride to fuse with Goku and even provides Goku with the idea to use the energy of the Earth's people in a spirit bomb to kill Kid Buu.

Second preference:Super Vegito easily my second favorite character next to Vegeta, and the fact that he somewhat comproses Vegeta is a plus. He's one of the most powerful characters in all of Dragonball canon and throws Super Buu around like a rag doll. His design is also a perfect balance between both Goku and Vegeta's outfits and part of me wishes that his fusion was a truly permanent one.

Last edited:
First Preference:
Chromed/vacmetal Meta Cooler
Would be super eye catching, and he is one of my favorite characters from the movies, and can fit in decently with Frieza.

Second Preference:
Tien
Need more z fighters! Can come with a little mini figure for chaotzu as well.

Kid buu
The last remaining bad guy that just needs to be done.

Adult (Mystic) Gohan (Orange GI outfit)
After Normal goku Gohan is the only character missing a normal form so we need a Normal Gohan, therefore Adult gohan
(he can come with saiyan parts too)

b58a1a2a-c4ac-406f-bc29-a5adcf840aa1_zpscca57cac.jpg

P.S. we really need Tien and Yamcha too, actually all the characters named up in here :peace

Last edited:
First Preference:
Brolly
He is my favorite villain. I want hi Legendary mode though. He was a force of nature, an act of God. He desvered his own arc in the show.

Second Preference:
Mystic Gohan
After the abomination that was the Great Saiyaman, this is when he redeemed himself. Plus in this form he was stronger than a Super Saiyan 3. The only thing that would have made this look more epic, was if he went back to wearing Piccolo's outfit.

First choice: Kid Buu
-Gotta have all the major DBZ villains in their final form

Second choice: Android 17+18
-This was a tough one for me, but I really liked these guys and thought they made a great enemy for the Z fighters and for trunks in the future. It would be cool if the androids came together in one set.

Ok assuming android 17 & 18 are already choices Tamashii has made my two choices are as follows

1) Tien and Chiaotzu 2 pack
Personally I'd like them to both be articulated just as good as the others also in their gi from the Cell Saga during the Cell Games. My reasoning is that we need to finish off the entire classic cast, some may say "they weren't key characters, they didn't do much" which is understandable However they are still in the show through out and would make for a great display piece.

2)Yamcha and Puar 2pack
Yamcha again is a key character that is needed to complete the main character roster, yes he's weak and dies or comes close to dying most of the time however he is still part of the main cast. He'd also be the last one we'd need from the main cast before we went and had a villain spree for the Boos and for other great characters such as Android 16. For this two pack Yamcha is the only one in need of major articulation he'd also need a long and short hair head sculpt with faces that were interchangeable between both heads. Puar on the other hand if her head is on a ball joint and the base of her tail is too that'd be fine.

Don't get me wrong villains are awesome however these character choices MUST happen it's not like we're talking about Oolong or Yajirobe these are main characters who participate in more than one 3 fights throughout 5 Sagas.

^It's already been said, but I'll say it again: do NOT assume that any figure after Krillin or Regular Goku is confirmed! If you like android 17, android 18, Nappa, or Shenron, then please show your support by voting for them! Just because we have seen protpypes for these guys does NOT mean that their release is imminent!

^It's already been said, but I'll say it again: do NOT assume that any figure after Krillin or Regular Goku is confirmed! If you like android 17, android 18, Nappa, or Shenron, then please show your support by voting for them! Just because we have seen protpypes for these guys does NOT mean that their release is imminent!

My apologies in that case I'd like Androids 17 & 18 then the two I mentioned before. I don't see the Shenron figure as being part of the same line due to the fact that at Comic-Con when displayed it was not in the same case.

Back