S.H. FiguArts - Dragonball Z Feedback for Tamashii Nations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PwnStar511

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently had the pleasure of working with Tamashii Nations at the 2013 New York Comic Con. I spoke with one of the lead product developers and he was very interested in what figures Americans would like to see in future releases. I told him I could gather feedback from the collecting community for them to use in future internal discussions and he felt that was a great idea.

Please use this thread to simply state in bold which Dragonball Z (or Dragonball/GT) character you want Tamashii Nations to produce and why. Please just give your own opinion and don't start tangent discussions. State your top two preferences.

Example:

First preference:
Kid Buu

I love his design and want him so we have the main villain from every saga.

Second preference:
Mystic Gohan

I love his design and would love him in my collection.

Once we get a lot of responses, I will forward him this thread/results.
This can be a great opportunity to have your voice heard for the future of this line!

First preference:
Majin Vegeta

I love the character and this is my favorite version of him.

Second preference:
Kid Buu

It's my favorite version of Buu and want him so we have the final version of the main villains from every saga

First preference:
Majin Vegeta

Majin Vegeta is my definite look for Vegeta and it would represent all my favorite moments in all of Dragon Ball Z. It will lend itself to multiple displays in my collection, whether it be on him own, fighting with Goku/ villians, or being with Trunks. I will buy multiples for them for those reasons!

Second preference:
Mystic Gohan with SSJ Head

I love Gohan and would buy every version of him, whether it be Mystic, Saiyaman, or as a child. Mystic Gohan is the best because it's his final look in the Dragon Ball Universe, and resembles the best moments of the Buu Saga, like his fight against Super Buu.

Last edited:
Great idea for a thread!

First Preference:
Super Buu

In my opinion, this is the best design for this character. I think Super Buu will look great with the rest of the lineup, and provide more visual interest due to his large size. I also think the SH Figuarts neck articulation feature will suit this character well as we could pose him in his iconic head tilt.

Second Character:

Android 16

Since we've seen prototypes of 17 and 18, I would to see an SH Figuarts version of this character. I think this trio would look outstanding as a display. Again, I think a larger character like this will help to bring attention to the varying scale of this line, which Bandai has done an excellent job with!

Gohan (Bojack Movie) - Orange gi w/ black, SS1 and SS2 hair
- Favorite kid version of him. Liked the way he looks with the orange gi. Would buy 3 of these.

Trunks (Bojack/Broly Movie) - Long hair with or without vest. Prefer without.
- Favorite version of him. Would buy 2 or 3 of these.

First preference:
Vegito

I think he's just amazing. He is the strongest warrior in the series (I didn't see the BOG movie yet, but even if Bills is so strong, nobody knows what limits can reach the real power of Vegito. Besides, I enjoy his personality!

Second preference:
Mystic Gohan

First of all, Gohan is one of my fav characters. His design, his power and the moment when he fights against super Boo is remarkable.

First Preference: Kid Buu

Kid Buu is my favorite version of Buu, and I think it's important to have all the major villains get made.

Second Preference: Cell (First Form)

Cell's first form is my favorite of all of Cell's forms. It's an interesting and creepy design, which helped give Cell a horror movie monster vibe when he first appeared.

First Preference:
Majin Vegeta

Vegeta is my favorite character and Majin Vegeta is one of my favorite designs.

Second Preference:
SS4 Vegeta

Again I can never get enough Vegeta. I would love to own a SS4 version of him.

Hey PwnStar511, thank you for gathering this info to share with Tamashii. As someone who has been collecting this line for the last 2 years and have been following this thread for that long, it is nice to have an opportunity to have my voice heard. Anyway, my preferences are below:

First Preference: Kid Buu

I think Kid Buu is important for 2 reasons. First, he is the final form of one of the major villains of DBZ. We already have Scouter Vegeta, Final Form Frieza, and the final form of Cell (Perfect Cell). Kid Buu will complete the major villain lineup. Secondly, we have a SS3 Goku released already. But, there is no other character to pose him with that he fought in the series. Kid Buu is the natural choice as this is the villain SS3 Goku fought against.

Second Preference: Android 18

Android 18 is important for several reasons:

-Without her causing destruction with Android 17 in Future Trunks' time, Trunks never goes back in time to warn the Z-fighters and save Goku from the heart virus.
-Without her, there is no perfect cell.
-She also makes a good villain AND hero. A villain to fight SS Vegeta (as in the anime). She also becomes a "good guy" after the cell saga and marries Krillin. Since we already have Krillin coming out in the next month or so, Android 18 is a natural choice to release shortly after Krillin as they can be posed together. We have already seen a revamped protoype of this figure and it really caught a lot of our interest.
-Another reason to release her is that we don't have any female DBZ characters released thus far - it would be good to have at least one!

Last edited:
First Preference:
Mystic Gohan

I just really like the over-all look of him. wanted to complete the Z fighters.

Second Choice.
Majin Vegeta

Currently watching the buu saga, Final Atonement episode. After watching that, it really impressed how much he have improved has a character in DBZ. Attitude, fighting skills, design and aesthetic wise. and over-all character.

>First preference:
Broly (any form)

If you have a Broly figure, you'll want all the characters that fought him.
I want Legendary SSj, but if that's not possible then I want normal black hair Broly with additional SSj hair (blue hair, and yellow hair)
Broly is so brutal, only the saiyans could defeat him.

He is the personification of destruction, I would have gotten him even if there were no other DBZ figures to complement him

>Second preference:
Janemba (final form)

Height and build would make a dynamic figure (his sword is just sick awesome).
SSj3 Goku needs a nemesis (that's at least larger than him) to be displayed with.
Janemba has the most unique colors, light powder purple, dark blood red. He's taller than Cell, but he has a simple design that should be cost effective to produce.

First preference:
Android 17

The android saga was the highpoint for me from the anime and I'd be disappointed not to have its 2 main villains in Figuarts form.

Second Preference:
Android 18

See Above.

First preference:
Tall, armoured future Trunks with long hair.

I really want to complete the two saiyan father-son duos as they fought perfect Cell. Basically, I want them all as they were after they trained in the hyperbolic time chamber, ready to take on Cell. My all time favourite period in DBZ. Trunks is the only one missing this version and my collection feels incomplete without him.

Second preference:
Android 17 & 18 2-pack

I hope the community forgives me for doing this, but there really is no point for me in listing one without the other – I'll only buy them both, or not at all – and therefore would prefer a 2-pack. After Tall Trunks, the twins are who I'd want most and they really share the second spot for me. The protos shown at SDCC were fantastic and I really hope we see them. They remain, however, second to tall Trunks for me.

Last edited:
First preference:
KID BUU

Imo the best DBZ villain would be awesome done right.

Second Preference:
Majin Vegeta
Hes a Must The Dark Prince Returns

My two choices are:

1).kid buu
Reason for this choice is, he is the final villian and would go well with ssj3 goku

2). broly in my opinion he was so insanely strong and it would be awesome to see a figuarts version of him

1st preference:

Armored long hair Trunks

2nd preference:

Majin Vegeta

If its saiyans we are getting, I would prefer the best ones lol.

Mystic Gohan (orange gi)

Best look for Gohan ever in the series. Also, his most powerful form. Would buy a few of him to pose with figures of that final saga like majin vegeta, super buu, ss3 goku, ss2 goku, and vegito. Would be awesome to have mystic Gohan next to Cell saga ss2 Gohan that is out.

Broly

One of my favorite villains because he is the evil saiyan! He was so powerful that he was destroying planets. He's the Darth Vader of the saiyans, and he has a child history connection with Goku! So much raw natural power. Can you imagine if he was properly trained? He fought all the saiyans and obliterated them, and was so popular with the DBZ author that there were three movies about him. There's tons of custom statues on eBay, too, that show he is still popular even though he is a movie villain. I would love the chance to buy 2-3 of him to pose with the saiyans that are out. Goku doing the kamehameha in his face (and it not phasing him) would be awesome!

Thanks for putting this poll together!

1st pick: Long haired saiyan armoured Trunks

One of my favourite characters (especially this version) and he would go perfectly with the current line up we have now.

2nd pick: Kid Buu

Final main villain and he would go nicely with the ss3 goku.

Bulma
She's the most important non-combat character in Dragonball, remaining an important character throughout and was a driving force for much of the stories up through the Cell saga. She also represents the more lighthearted and comedic aspects of the show. That's an important side of Dragonball that I want to see represented in toy form. The only problem is deciding what outfit to give her. She changed up her look regularly, she didn't really have a definative look. I'd want her in one of the more "normal" outfits, not the space suit she had in the frieza saga. I'd need to rewatch the series to figure out what look I'd prefer. Accessory wise she needs to come with, a hand grasping a capsule, a capsule case, the dragon radar, and I'd love a hover bike.

Battle Damaged Goku
Goku's defining moments in a fight came when he was really beat up, and I mean a totally new mould not a repaint. He should be shirtless, ripped pants, those "scuff lines", some bloody paint apps, and a few face welts. With both normal and SS1 hair/faces like with Trunks. Having a Goku that looks like this would open up my display options to show Goku overcoming overwhelming odds, and that's the feel most Dragonball fights had.

Kinda a tangent but, we need figure sized dragonballs as well. It would be nice if one ( earth sized ) would be included with every release next year, or all seven included with Shenron.

Last edited:
Back