Ryse: Son of Rome - Xbox One Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still don't know what to make of this one yet. When you get a look at the models they look awesome. This is Crytek after all, but the gameplay still seems a bit uninspired. I might just need to see more.

Looks like it's just the same thing as with the multiplayer of Mass Effect 3, where there are randomized equipment packs that you can either buy with in-game currency you get from playing matches or you can pay money for them. But it's randomized so you don't necessarily get what you want, and the Ryse version also has restrictions on which types of packs you can buy based on your XP level.

Looks like it's just the same thing as with the multiplayer of Mass Effect 3, where there are randomized equipment packs that you can either buy with in-game currency you get from playing matches or you can pay money for them. But it's randomized so you don't necessarily get what you want, and the Ryse version also has restrictions on which types of packs you can buy based on your XP level.

Ugh. I hated that in ME3. I don't think that kind of thing should ever be randomized. they ideas is to keep you playing of course, but it had the opposite effect on me. I lost interest after a while since it didn't seem like I'd ever get the upgrades and characters I wanted.

As for micro transactions...I don't have a big problem with them as long as it's not practically required to spend money to enjoy the game or get a full experience.

I was OK with it because there wasn't really any character or weapon that had a major advantage over others, they weren't all equal of course but the unlocks were mostly just for cool things and not for better things.

Even though I am not getting a XBox One at launch, this is rather disappointing news for a "next gen" system:

Crytek's Xbox One launch title Ryse: Son of Rome runs natively at 900p as opposed to in full 1080p, Microsoft has confirmed.

Microsoft had previously said that Ryse ran in native 1080p, but executive Aaron Greenberg took to Twitter to clarify the situation: Ryse runs at native 900p, but the Xbox One will upscale it to 1080p.

So yes, Ryse runs at 30fps at a resolution of 1600×900, 44% fewer pixels than 1080p – which any PC gamer will tell you is just not at all impressive, and not the sort of things we’d expect of “next gen.” Still, whatever the resolution, Ryse does look pretty incredible close up, though the lack of 1080p native resolution could indeed be indicative of a weaker console.

Back