Ryse: Son of Rome - Xbox One Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, they don't have enough enemy models, there's like 3 you keep fighting over and over again. It still looks great and I like it pretty well.

Yea slightly annoying but I could look past that. I like the idea of unlocking different executions as you progress.

what I found strange with this before the reviews is quite a few creditable sources including ign were saying dont worry, its good and its a solid, glorious looking game .... and then they score it so low.

Seemed odd

I hope the developers listen to the critics, address the shortcomings, and release a much better sequel. I really wanted this game to score well. :(

I'm digging how I was battling the enemy and would say out loud "archers cover me" and have them fire a volley of arrows into the enemy instead of holding down the left bumper.

So far this game deserves every bit of the 6.8 IGN gave it. I'm really disliking it, not hating...disliking. Graphics and story are amazing but the combat/controls are the worst in a game I've ever played. Why would they throw 10 guys around you and then make you slower than a snail. It's stupid and if you accidentally hit A more than once after the block he bangs on his shield for 10 minutes while an enemy behind hits you. So stupid. Hope this grows on me.

I had the opposite reaction. I loved the controls, and once you get in that flow of combat, you feel like a total bad ***. Story, can't even remember it. Graphics, soooooo good.

So far this game deserves every bit of the 6.8 IGN gave it. I'm really disliking it, not hating...disliking. Graphics and story are amazing but the combat/controls are the worst in a game I've ever played. Why would they throw 10 guys around you and then make you slower than a snail. It's stupid and if you accidentally hit A more than once after the block he bangs on his shield for 10 minutes while an enemy behind hits you. So stupid. Hope this grows on me.

I had no problem with the combat. I mean it's nothing revolutionary and it's repetitive but if you really experiment, then a group of 10 around you is a joke. I was rolling and blocking and attacking.

I'm kinda disappointed that they didn't experiment more with executions. I would of loved to have some axe wielding enemy attack you, perform execution, kill him, grab axe and throw it at other enemy, boom. Double execution. Archer attacks you, grapple, reach into his quiver, pull out arrow and jab in throat or eye. I think if they do a second game, they should really expand on executions.

I had no problem with the combat. I mean it's nothing revolutionary and it's repetitive but if you really experiment, then a group of 10 around you is a joke. I was rolling and blocking and attacking.

I'm kinda disappointed that they didn't experiment more with executions. I would of loved to have some axe wielding enemy attack you, perform execution, kill him, grab axe and throw it at other enemy, boom. Double execution. Archer attacks you, grapple, reach into his quiver, pull out arrow and jab in throat or eye. I think if they do a second game, they should really expand on executions.

Yeah more executions would have been awesome, like along the lines of Tomb Raider.

I was leaning more towards liking this game until I got to the Commodus fight, and its back to severally disliking it. How is it ok for two AI to attack you at the same time, same direction and your only able to block one? And the fact there isn't a checkpoint after you kill the fake Commodus'...oh and how about you can attack the real one while fending off the fake ones all you want, yet when its down to him...oh, he still has full health. I spent at least an two hours at this...and Im about to throw the controller through the tv. Watched videos on youtube and it shows the guy using focus on him...well, when I use focus it doesn't stop him one bit. This game is lame and wish I never played it.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Yeah more executions would have been awesome, like along the lines of Tomb Raider.

I was leaning more towards liking this game until I got to the Commodus fight, and its back to severally disliking it. How is it ok for two AI to attack you at the same time, same direction and your only able to block one? And the fact there isn't a checkpoint after you kill the fake Commodus'...oh and how about you can attack the real one while fending off the fake ones all you want, yet when its down to him...oh, he still has full health. I spent at least an two hours at this...and Im about to throw the controller through the tv. Watched videos on youtube and it shows the guy using focus on him...well, when I use focus it doesn't stop him one bit. This game is lame and wish I never played it.

I used focus once or twice during the commodus fight but I actually used the shield block counter a lot on him. If you time it right, you can kill him really quickly and I did that on the hardest difficulty where the red hint thing doesn't even show.

Im on the last level were you walking down the hall with little life and the guys pop out how the hell do you get passed that 3 or 4th guy that jumps out he always kills me Never mind just beat the game awesome game really enjoyed it.

Back