Rumour: Susan to stop representing Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not too bothered about the situation or all the he said/he said about this, what is most fascinating is the power of social media as a influencer and the stickiness these communities can have to organize on such a thing.

As it’s been said, Sideshow should really take a look at their brand ambassadors as this is a real thing and can easily turn bad for them. As fast this one singular event is moving through the soc boards there is a lesson to be learned about the power of influencers and controlling FUD/negative opinion when it arrives on your doorstep.

23 pages of lonely nerds crushing over a girl who works at their fave toy store....lol

Lol, someone posted on fb a few days ago that if it was some male 54 year old overweight but just as talented Sideshow video host who got fired, it wouldn't even be a ripple in the water. Not saying it doesn't suck for the person getting fired, but are we really to believe that the life of this poor gal was eternally destroyed and she will never be able to ever get employment again for the rest of her days? It all seems so overly dramatic coming from a hobby where adults (like me) buy and pose spacemen action figures.

Definitely sad to see Susan let go. She was the reason I enjoyed watching any of their videos. Just very charismatic and fun to listen to. Always filled with joy over any new figure she was checking out. I ended up unsubscribing from anything Sideshow related (facebook, twitter, youtube, etc) because with her gone and Deak now being featured in their review videos, I have zero interest in anything that Sideshow is producing, except for maybe the poser guy videos. With the Sideshow website train wreck from a few months ago and now this, makes you wonder what kind of state Sideshow is in internally.

Jesus, you think you may be overreacting a bit here...lol She's really the only reason you watched those videos? Do you even collect Sideshow stuff? Dang...

If you play your cards right people may actually forget your scum baggery of throwing Sean long and Shartimus under the bus. You and Jon deserve each other

Oh that's still a b.s. rumor that's still going around? Okay lol

Sideshow, I am disappoint

Im willing to bet Sideshow cares not. Not being a smartass, but for all those up in arms, id wager 99% of them will still keep buying and the other 1% will pause on buying until a really cool figure comes out they like. Such a knee jerk reaction to something that happened that 99.999% of us have no realistic clue what is/was happening to a stranger only known through Facebook videos. Reminds me of all my "friends" who defiantly stated they were giving up the NFL, MLB, and the NHL due to people kneeling through the national anthem. Saw one of my buds last night who proudly declared a lifetime NHL boycott.... commenting on his thoughts about the Bruins play in this current cup final. Lol, this situation is that, but in the world of 1/6 figures not sports.

Lol, someone posted on fb a few days ago that if it was some male 54 year old overweight but just as talented Sideshow video host who got fired, it wouldn't even be a ripple in the water. Not saying it doesn't suck for the person getting fired, but are we really to believe that the life of this poor gal was eternally destroyed and she will never be able to ever get employment again for the rest of her days? It all seems so overly dramatic coming from a hobby where adults (like me) buy and pose spacemen action figures.

That about sums it up

Anthony Chi Wah Tsang

Visual storyteller · 4 mins

=== Deakgate DRAMA OVER ===

It appears civil legal action will be served to the relevant companies, individuals and involved parties shortly and thus taken to a higher level as lawyers will be involved.

So now as collectors, we can all move on and put this situation behind us and continue to talk about figures, prototypes and the usual what would you buy, where is xxxxx figure posts that we are all accustomed to seeing.

Happy collecting everyone

Everyone should have kept quiet and lawyered up straight away instead of bitching and threatening each other on social media. The whole thing is just sad.

This ridiculous third grade nonsense is going to end up costing Sideshow money one way or another and guess who they will pass the costs on over to?

Ive noticed too in the last year or so that there isn’t as big of a massive linch mob at the gates as there use to be when someone would commit blasphemy and utter such words against Sideshow.

Times have changed. Now everyone sees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive noticed too in the last year or so that there isn’t as big of a massive linch mob at the gates as there use to be when someone would commit blasphemy and utter such words against Sideshow.

Times have changed. Now everyone sees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mob only show up if you bash XM.

Everyone should have kept quiet and lawyered up straight away instead of bitching and threatening each other on social media. The whole thing is just sad.

This. :lecture

I've been through it. Got dismissed without cause, given severance, lawyered up nonetheless for due diligence, was given the option to pursue a case due to the company mishandling my contract, chose to take my money and move on instead. I didn't have goodwill towards the company at all but I kept my mouth shut.

Actually the first thing I did was black out my social media while I figured out what to do. I don't understand the reality TV approach. :dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back