Rory's Cave V2.0 (customs, mods, collection)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:yess:

The DX12 looks incredible there...that's more or less the pose/face plate combo I'm going for, so thanks for showing me how awesome it can look!

Does modding the DX12 neck mod still require cracking open the casing, or is it simpler than that this time around?

The same, crack it open and pull the plug out. I shaved about 5mm off the bottom as well. Very easy though, and it does make a difference.

The same, crack it open and pull the plug out. I shaved about 5mm off the bottom as well. Very easy though, and it does make a difference.

Awesome, thanks! So you remove the plug completely, and not just adjust where it sits in the neck? Definitely going to have to do that to mine. :duff

Awesome, thanks! So you remove the plug completely, and not just adjust where it sits in the neck? Definitely going to have to do that to mine. :duff

Yes, it really doesn't serve any function on this as the neck post is so tight anyway. The only tricky bit is cracking the neck open, same as usual.

Yes, it really doesn't serve any function on this as the neck post is so tight anyway. The only tricky bit is cracking the neck open, same as usual.

Thanks for clarifying, I would have been trying to reposition the damn plug for at least an hour. :lol

Sorry if I missed the answer Rory. Beautiful work on the bespin like. For the face and hair, if I may ask, what are you using to make the sweat, wet look on hair and face?

Thank you

Modded DX12 neck and finally put him on display. Felt a bit sad putting my troublesome old DX02 back in it's box..

3-53.jpg

DX12 Looks great! I never get tired of your Joker! :clap

Sorry if I missed the answer Rory. Beautiful work on the bespin like. For the face and hair, if I may ask, what are you using to make the sweat, wet look on hair and face?

Thank you

Thanks. I use acrylic water based varnishes. The key is..less is more.
:hi5:

here is some exploratory work on jedi Luke:
I have never sculpted hair before, so it was interesting, 1st attempt, will get it right next time!

I'm doing two different things at the same time, i'm also trying to cut and bash an existing HT hair sculpt. Works pretty well, but doesn't feel different enough to me.
Next try will be shorter and neater,the priest look that Luke had at the start of jedi.
1st experimental try (style is wrong) Anyway these are VERY WIP:

2-59.jpg
1-67.jpg
3-55.jpg

And not painted just a quick was:

2-60.jpg

1-68.jpg

Test version 1: A couple of pics on body, not painted (just dark brown wash):

3-56.jpg
1-69.jpg
1-70.jpg
2-62.jpg

Last edited:
Great work you're doing with Jedi Luke's hair, Rory. Can't wait to see the version you're satisfied with. :rock

When can I expect mine?....:tap :tap :tap

****, did you not get it yet King?
..oh wait a minute, my mistake, I didn't actually mail it to you, I ****ed it in the bin.
:lol

Seriously though, I have two things to do with this, first get a hair sculpt I'm happy with, I painted this one since posting the pics, looks pretty cool, but not Jedi enough for me. Once I have a sculpt that works, I need to sort out casting it, I normally do one offs, haven't done many recasts before. And I won't be selling them, I don't have enough spare time to take on any kind of commission project. I will make a small number for a few freaks though.

Great work you're doing with Jedi Luke's hair, Rory. Can't wait to see the version you're satisfied with. :rock

Thanks mate, will let you know when I get your BD clothing.

Back