Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16)

and from POV the jedi are evil! :lol

but the empire is a repressive regime that everyone is against (seemingly) so they are kind of the MOB of the Galaxy. they dont offer trials or court precedings, so Capture would be fine in the context of the galaxy far far away

Yeah they are, but how do we know that they (and other planets) dont do court proceedings? I cant imagine Vader turning up and slicing heads for a break in or because someone stole a speeder from theur neighbour. If yiu are trying to establish that a character is a criminal with a dislike of authority 'resisting arrest' seems to make a lot more sense than 'evading capture' because it removes ambiguity

Edit - and i dont know about evil, but the PT certainly showed that the Jedi were emotionally retarded and incredibly slow on the uptake :)

''Minutes'' are mentioned in TFA...was that unit of earth time ever mentioned in the OT?

Also, if the Rey/Mary Sue thing wasn't true, or atleast half true, there wouldn't be so many discussions, videos and articles about it. It's not just something that spawned out of nowhere. There must be something there if you have droves of people having to come in and rescue the critique with long, ranting blogs that attempt to contradict each and every point people have made.

If it weren't an issue, nobody would be talking about it. It would have never been brought up or be so widespread. These things don't just come out of nowhere. People saw the movie and noticed it. Plain and simple. Cover your ears and shake your head all you want, it is what it is.

This is the Internet, you can go online and find videos and articles professing that the Earth is flat, the moon landing was faked and Disney is controlled by he Illuminati, doesn't make any of it true.

This is the Internet, you can go online and find videos and articles professing that the Earth is flat, the moon landing was faked and Disney is controlled by he Illuminati, doesn't make any of it true.

So where did the idea that Rey is overpowered and a "Mary Sue" type of character come from? Did someone online just will the idea into everyone's consciousness or something?

When I saw it in theaters for the first time, I thought the same thing (without the Mary Sue term obviously), it was pretty evident and eye rolling on the first viewing. I go on to post my thoughts and lo and behold I find thousands of like minded individuals, some on this very forum. There must be something to it, don't you think? Where would people get this idea in their heads if it wasn't atleast partially true.

WTF is a Mary Sue? :huh

yes, when Luke reunites with Biggs he says "yo bro, its been a minute"

tumblr_inline_mqq65bo1C31qz4rgp.gif

So where did the idea that Rey is overpowered and a "Mary Sue" type of character come from? Did someone online just will the idea into everyone's consciousness or something?

When I saw it in theaters for the first time, I thought the same thing (without the Mary Sue term obviously), it was pretty evident and eye rolling on the first viewing. I go on to post my thoughts and lo and behold I find thousands of like minded individuals, some on this very forum. There must be something to it, don't you think? Where would people get this idea in their heads if it wasn't atleast partially true.

Wasn't in my consciousness. Though I'll admit, having her understand Wookie felt like a stretch,

Wasn't in my consciousness. Though I'll admit, having her understand Wookie felt like a stretch,

Don't do it. If you try to debate young people on the internet using their own words it means you're grumpy.

I seriously don't understand why so many on here feel so offended by having 2 female leads over the course of 8 movies.

The Katniss remarks don't strike me as being terribly valid either, or is it just your experience with a lead woman in an action film is limited to The Hunger Games? She could be just as much a Ripley as a Katniss. If anything, she's neither, as both Katniss and Ripley were thrust by external forces over the course of the films to become tha type of character, it appears the Rogue One girl is already kind of a bad ass to begin with.

Invincible character who stumbles on their powers by accident without explanation.

Thanks... wonder who the hell came up with that. :)

I liked the trailer and while I'm not dying with excitement.. I will go see it.

I seriously don't understand why so many on here feel so offended by having 2 female leads over the course of 8 movies.

The Katniss remarks don't strike me as being terribly valid either, or is it just your experience with a lead woman in an action film is limited to The Hunger Games? She could be just as much a Ripley as a Katniss. If anything, she's neither, as both Katniss and Ripley were thrust by external forces over the course of the films to become tha type of character, it appears the Rogue One girl is already kind of a bad ass to begin with.

I see a young female in trendy outfits and armor who is gunna take on a big bad empire by working with a rebel group, maybe even as a less than willing participant... sound familiar? probably lost some family too

Thought the same thing when I saw it and it hurt much of my enjoyment... If it's not explained why she is so good at everything in the next film other then "she is strong in the force" My enjoyment of TFA will never be that great. As is it's a 6.5 or 7 out of 10 for me.. Have not watched it again on Blu ray though.. Perhaps I will like it better... Sometimes that happens (FOTR)

Don't do it. If you try to debate young people on the internet using their own words it means you're grumpy.

That post was a joke, a snide comment! I was quoting a movie with the grumpy thing! You're only older than me by like two years.

Back