Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16)

Extremely late to be doing pick-ups.

Not really, the release is 6 months away. Part of the editing process is discovering that either some scenes need to be refilmed because they dont work as intended, or sometimes it's just as simple as adding a reaction shot or two in order to help smooth out the flow of a scene.

It's normal. I'd actually be more concerned if they didn't need to do any reshoots, as that might be a sign that LFL didn't care about the quality.

One of the best comic bok movies ever made, TDK, had pick up shots, as did Godfsther 1/2 and Exorcist.

All I really want from this movie is a 1/6th Tarkin figure.

Yea, movie isn't doing anything for me. The main chick has seems to only have one facial expression. Though I do want a figure of this guy:

39b942ff78e4121363a717646b8fb6ff.jpg

I don't know where this reshoot is normal comes from. As someone from the industry, we try to avoid reshoots.

Movies try to avoid reshoot if possible because it is additional cost and a logistical nightmare to get everyone back together again.

Reshoot typically means that the director is so incompetent that he missed so much important shots that it couldn't be fix in post or the acting is so bad that it has to be redone. It could also mean that whatever was shot is just not working or could also mean that additional scenes need to be added to explain the story better.

There are those rare reshoot where the studio wants to pump more money into it so they could have bigger action, set pieces, etc but those are exception not the norm.

Bottom line is, reshoot could be traced back to an incompetent director who wasn't well prepared.

I want a figure of Krennic because Ben Mendelsohn is an incredible actor. Anyone else watch Bloodline?

I want a figure of Krennic because Ben Mendelsohn is an incredible actor. Anyone else watch Bloodline?

He is incredible in that. Charming, yet at the same time, creepy, wimpy and intimidating.

Actually, Josh Trank replied,

koB4Fzk.gif

Then proceeded to eat a bunch of nachos and destroy his hotel room, accidentally this time.

Well, I did tell ya..
:lol

Will you for once and for good decide if your team TFA or team not-TFA.
It's getting confuzin Jye! :lol

Ultimately I fall on the side of liking it but not loving it enough to all of a sudden proclaim RO garbage because of pick up shots.

Many great movies have had "last minute hail mary pick up shots!".

That being said, what is it with GE, didn't he have issues with the studio making Godzilla!

I wonder if this also has anything to do with the fact that JJ Abrams has been on the set of EPISODE 8 a lot.

Frankly, Disney scares me. They are absolutely 100% commerce over art.

They are absolutely 100% commerce over art.
Well as much as any for-profit company is. Whenever we do see liberties given to the artists, it is with the end goal of reaping in profits as a result, as this is the only thing motivating the shareholders and board of directors. WB is probably adjusting to their failure to reign in the unchecked creative pursuits of filmmakers after Batman V Superman didn't reach its potential in that department. Hence the upheaval behind the scenes re: Aquaman.

I wonder if this also has anything to do with the fact that JJ Abrams has been on the set of EPISODE 8 a lot.

Frankly, Disney scares me. They are absolutely 100% commerce over art.

They have "formulas" and "rules". Must have been too dark and not happy enough to fit their mold. They meddle so much in these- yes JJ probably is guiding Rian on Ep VIII.
I have great hopes for RO- however my fear is they tone down Vader and put more family friendly feel good stuff in there.

Well as much as any for-profit company is. Whenever we do see liberties given to the artists, it is with the end goal of reaping in profits as a result, as this is the only thing motivating the shareholders and board of directors. WB is probably adjusting to their failure to reign in the unchecked creative pursuits of filmmakers after Batman V Superman didn't reach its potential in that department. Hence the upheaval behind the scenes re: Aquaman.

Irish is too close to WB that every once in awhile he's needs a Moonstruck slap from kara. :lol

Well that would be weird since the Justice League cameos in BvS were all mandated by WB in the first place. They're not above meddling, either.

Back