Robocop IMAGE thread.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping that HT has a RoboCop 2 figure in the works from when he is battle damaged at the end, or even just a regular Robo 2 figure with a more blueish purple sheen to him.

Also a RoboCop 1 battle damaged from the end would be awesome as well.

But last we heard they were making a Cain fig, that was almost a year ago and no new news yet.

I was hoping that HT has a RoboCop 2 figure in the works from when he is battle damaged at the end, or even just a regular Robo 2 figure with a more blueish purple sheen to him.

Also a RoboCop 1 battle damaged from the end would be awesome as well.

But last we heard they were making a Cain fig, that was almost a year ago and no new news yet.

I heard so too, was it just roomers? :rolleyes:

Yea, we want them all! :D

I want to get a ED-209 clean version. Anyone know where to get one, besides eBay?
You missed the boat on that by miles, man. Everyone wants the standard ED209 (if they had to choose just one) and no one wants the BD version. Who the hell wants an ED209 with one arm??!!

I cant believe HT actually thought people would be happy with it having one arm, I mean why the ++++ didn't they include interchangable arms like they did the Predator 2 BD version??????!!!!!!! A customiser could make some money if they made casts of a left Ed209 arm and sell them on to the poor suckers who only have the BD ED

I got a BD ED209 only cos I gave up on the standard version and the BD was at a cheap price from cornerstorecomics at about $145.00

You missed the boat on that by miles, man. Everyone wants the standard ED209 (if they had to choose just one) and no one wants the BD version. Who the hell wants an ED209 with one arm??!!

I cant believe HT actually thought people would be happy with it having one arm, I mean why the ++++ didn't they include interchangable arms like they did the Predator 2 BD version??????!!!!!!! A customiser could make some money if they made casts of a left Ed209 arm and sell them on to the poor suckers who only have the BD ED

I got a BD ED209 only cos I gave up on the standard version and the BD was at a cheap price from cornerstorecomics at about $145.00

I missed the boat too and you are right. HT was stupid to do the BD ED w/o the interchangable arm. I am still hoping to find a regular one from someone just looking to clear some items out. Maybe if HT is smart, they will offer the regular arm to all of those folks who bought the BD one, cause based on what I know about the articulation on this thing, paying after market evilbay prices for it ain't worth it.

Who do you call a sucker?!!..:lol

I didn’t miss the boat, I just didn’t want it. (the standard). It’s much to clean for me, I even like do some more weathering on him to give the feeling it’s more used and to look more realistic.

…but I go with the interchangeable arm …that would have been a lot smarter decision.

:D

OK, so I cut down the chin guard on V3 so his helmet supposedly fits on properly over his nose.

I just filed down the chin guard at the sides slightly and now there's a gap inbetween the helmet and chin guard - I cant push the helmet down over his nose further cos the helmet is already locked in place as far down as it will go. Cutting the chin-guard hasnt changed anything - the helmet still sits too high. The only way I get it over is to tilt his helmet frontwards.How does everyone else do it?

This is what I got so far. How do I get rid of those gaps??
dfde.jpg

dfd.jpg

ererere.jpg

nicky, man I feel very bad for you bro. I would feel sick if I tried that modification and got the result you got. I think Riko was just trying help out by sharing that modification from that other forum but I think way more investigation is needed before attempting a mod like that especially because you can't put back the plastic you cut off. Personally I would not recommend EVER cutting or filing down a part of an expensive figure without consulting an expert (and who could be considered an expert anyway) and none of the parties involved are experts by any means.The only person I would trust with a mod like this would be FM Les Walker!!! Maybe you can contact SIDESHOW or HOT TOYS and have them send you a replacement for the piece you tried to modify. I would say if you are lucky enough to get that part replaced just enjoy the figure for how it is and stop with the modifications. Let us know what the outcome is bro. And good luck to you.

Last edited:
nMaybe you can contact SIDESHOW or HOT TOYS and have them send you a replacement for the piece you tried to modify. .
I doubt they'd that after I mutilated the thing. Anyway, I've been able to work around it and it aint so bad now and is closer to what it was meant to be but wouldnt recommned it to anyone else.

I doubt they'd that after I mutilated the thing. Anyway, I've been able to work around it and it aint so bad now and is closer to what it was meant to be but wouldnt recommned it to anyone else.

You could always just buy a new head, there is always the occational one listed on Ebay.

How inaccurate is the 12" McFarlane's Robocop to the Hot Toys?

I like the McF's version because it matches with the BD ED-209 from the first movie (the bullet holes, scratches and the eye exposed). If HT was to make a BD Robo, I would ONLY buy it if it matches with the scene at the end of the first movie (the alternate head, and the puncture wound where Clarence Boddikker stabs him).

I WISH I bought the regular ED-209 when it came out. I missed out on that one. ED-209 needs both arms complete! HT probably didn't sell a lot of BD Eds because you see them on sale in many places.

I like the McF's version because it matches with the BD ED-209 from the first movie (the bullet holes, scratches and the eye exposed). If HT was to make a BD Robo, I would ONLY buy it if it matches with the scene at the end of the first movie (the alternate head, and the puncture wound where Clarence Boddikker stabs him).

I WISH I bought the regular ED-209 when it came out. I missed out on that one. ED-209 needs both arms complete! HT probably didn't sell a lot of BD Eds because you see them on sale in many places.

Why not just get the reg 209 so the hot toys robo goes with him?

I have no idea how accurate or inaccurate it is but here is a pics. of it together with the 7”. :D

dsc02993copyzu3.jpg

I wish I could get the regular Ed-209 but no one has it (for under $300 that is). Too many stores online and otherwise sell the BD version. That sort of sux because the Ed's left arm is...well....battle damaged.

I also have both 7" and 12" McFarlane Robocop. The 7" is much better than the Aoshima/Skynet 6" version in many ways (and so is their T-800 and TX figures).

Somehow, I wish McFarlane would offer a 12" normal (non BD) Robocop for the poor people who can't afford the Hot Toys version.

* Answering my own question here: I just looked at Robo's back (the black part on back near the abdomen). Comparing the detail with the little mini figures and the 8" toy, the design is different. I wonder what McFarlane's people were thinking?

Last edited:
For UK fans, Nancy Allen (Lewis) is appearing at the CollectorMania convention on May Bank Holiday wkend. I'll be there.

Very Late to the Robocop scene! But in my defense I've only just starting collecting toys again.:lol

Anyway I gt a Robocop 3 flight pack version, and the nose thing was really bugging me after seeing tht the original figure had the covered nose.

So me being me I decided to hack and carve away at the head so that the helmet would cover the offending nose.

these are my first ever photos, so I hope they are okay.
You can see on the second and third pics the grey on the chin guard where I shaved a tiny amount off. I will be painting this black soon.:D
The gap looks worse with imagesthis big, but in hand it is barely noticable, plus I can jiggle the helmet and chin guard around so I can't see the gap.

SL730361.jpg

SL730362.jpg

SL730364.jpg

Here he is with some of my other figures.

SL730372.jpg

this version of robocop is awsome ht has done an amazin job iv got this version and the flight pack version there is a slight colour difference the flight pack version has more of a blue tint. u can bet there aint gonna be a beter robocop made for a long long time,

Back