Robocop 12" Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seaward said:
These look phenomenal and I can't wait to order. Since I have never seen any of the Hot Toys stuff up close though, I am a little apprehensive. I still haven't pulled the trigger on the Aliens Figures yet! Anyone have these and have a good word to say?

I do, I DO!!! Well Seaward, I have the ALIENS Apone and Hicks figures. The only, and I mean ONLY problem with these are that the head-sculpts are a little generic. Apone looks more like Wesley Snipes than Al Matthews! Hicks isn't too bad though. Aside from that, these figures are AMAZING. The detailing of all the outfits, armour, gear, weaponry...detailing of camo application, and subtle weathering...It'll BLOW you AWAY to see it in person! And since Robocop only has a lower face head-sculpt, and ED-209 really has NO face (well, not human that is!) These should be INCREDIBLE!...BTW, kingdarkness03, the Aliens Marine figures go for about $110 to $130 US online...I got mine for $105...SS has them on pre-order for $85!!! So they may be able to get Robocop down to around $90 and ED-209 to around $130!!! (like the Predator figures)...

That'd be AWESOME!!!

:clap

Thanks for the link Michael and the positive review Fett! I am going to have to order Hicks and Vasquez, and may get Apone (I don't remember him having a goatee!) and the Robocop figures are a must!

Seaward said:
Thanks for the link Michael and the positive review Fett! I am going to have to order Hicks and Vasquez, and may get Apone (I don't remember him having a goatee!) and the Robocop figures are a must!

True Seaward, I think that's part of what makes HT Apone look more like Snipes...the GOATEE!!! Still a GREAT figure if you can get past that! I still have to pick up Vasquez...and if that Ripley from another post is a legit HT prototype...you can bet I'll get that too! Hope they also do a Hudson...and a 1/6 POWER-LOADER!!!

Now for all of you following the HT ROBOCOP photo posts in this thread...here are a few more in HIGH-RES!!!

https://www.ultimatetoys.com.my/New/Robocop/HotToysRobocop/HotToysRobocop.htm

https://www.ultimatetoys.com.my/New/Robocop/HotToysEd/HotToysEd.htm

Thanks for the Robocop Pics!
Vasquez was always my favorite in the films, so she is a no brainer, and I think the likeness is pretty good. I have long since gotten over seeing the seams and joints in 1/6 figures, so that isn't an issue, I just never saw any of the Hot Toys stuff up close.

I saw a Honk Kong based seller on eBay already has these up, BIN of $133 for Robocop and $199 for ED-209, both with hefty shipping charges. I think Sideshow will get these closer to $100 and $150 repectively.

Hey Guys, stay posted to the newsletter tonight because I have a feeling the pre-orders for these figs may be up and running.

pjam said:
Hey Guys, stay posted to the newsletter tonight because I have a feeling the pre-orders for these figs may be up and running.

Both Robocop figs are up for pre-order

Robo $129
Ed $195!

pjam said:
Both Robocop figs are up for pre-order

Robo $129
Ed $195!

While I did pre-order ED-209 (because he's one of the most memorable cinematic robots ever), I have to say that I'm extremely disappointed with the price for it. Action HQ is only $10 or $15 more for Pete's sake!! I understand that they're imports, but I was really expecting ED-209 to be closer to $150-160. Even Robocop is a bit pricier than anticipated.

Geez...I better not tell my wife about this for a LONG time...

Last edited:
Sith Lord 0498 said:
While I did pre-order ED-209 (because he's one of the most memorable cinematic robots ever), I have to say that I'm extremely disappointed with the price for it. Action HQ is only $10 or $15 more for Pete's sake!! I understand that they're imports, but I was really expected ED-209 to be closer to $150-160. Even Robocop is a bit pricier than anticipated.

Geez...I better not tell my wife about this for a LONG time...

And if you live in CA it's worse b/c you have to pay sales tax. These prices are a huuge bummer! Although I ordered one of each I may have to look elsewhere for a better/cheaper deal, like Canada and CANCEL.

Very disappointed with SSC, where's the loyalty? Why couldn't you at least throw us a bone for Ed, like $170-175.

pitchin said:
can dealers oreder these through SS?

maybe you'll get $175 from a dealer if possible

We are waiting for SS to get back to us on selling them.
They look very cool so I hope we can.

Darkshadowcollectibles said:
We are waiting for SS to get back to us on selling them.
They look very cool so I hope we can.

Definitely let us know, SSC prices are a turnoff, sad to say.

Last edited:
Strange that SS was able to offer the ALIENS Marines for $85 and Rambo for $65 each when they originally sold for WAY more overseas, yet these Robocop figure prices are almost exactly comparable to the overseas prices...So we're not saving anything by getting them through SS? Not even a 'buy Robocop AND ED-209 together at SS and save' type of thing? I may have to keep searching elsewhere online for better deals on these figures...I was hoping they would get Robo closer to $90 - $100 and ED to $130 (the price they have for the 14" HT Predator figures), MAX $150...Oh well...

:rolleyes:

Indiana Fett said:
Strange that SS was able to offer the ALIENS Marines for $85 and Rambo for $65 each when they originally sold for WAY more overseas, yet these Robocop figure prices are almost exactly comparable to the overseas prices...So we're not saving anything by getting them through SS? Not even a 'buy Robocop AND ED-209 together at SS and save' type of thing? I may have to keep searching elsewhere online for better deals on these figures...I was hoping they would get Robo closer to $90 - $100 and ED to $130 (the price they have for the 14" HT Predator figures), MAX $150...Oh well...

:rolleyes:

In all honesty, these are the pricepoints I was expecting.

Robocop: $90-110

ED-209: $150

I just think back to Sideshow Brant's earlier comment and think "Why would we want to hold off ordering from overseas??? We're not gaining anything!!!" I read his suggestion to mean that we'd save a significant chunk of change if we waited to order from Sideshow. I guess that was just a sneaky way of talking us into ordering through them instead.

Very, very disappointing. I'll keep my 209 order because it buys me the time I'll need to save up for it. Another retailer would either want the money now or want a deposit, and money's very tight now...so that's out of the question.

Still, this means I won't be ordering Robocop from them now. Granted, that won't make much of a point because they keep item quantities so limited that there are almost always ten people waiting in the wings for every one person who cancels an order.

I was hoping for a lower price point too. Even though I have order both of these figures from them, I will continue shopping around for cheaper prices. SS disappointed me this time. Why not go elsewhere? You really aren't saving any money. Oh well, let's hope we can find these at a better price elsewhere.

Brad

The price point for each of these is below eBay prices but not by much. However, eBay sellers are charging $33 to ship Robocop and $45 to ship ED-209. I doubt it will cost this much to ship from SS within the U.S.

Outside of the U.S., it probably won't make much difference.

I'm hoping some of our illustrious dealers will be able to list these, but if not, it'll still be cheaper for me to buy from SS than buy off eBay.

If the figure looks as good as the pics, I don't have a problem paying more. I mean it's a complete sculpted figure unlike Sideshow's which uses the same bodies on their figs. Not at all knocking SS but I would expect to pay more for a completely sculpted figure. Just hoping Sideshow gets to offer the Hot Toys Batman Begins figure when it's released.

pjam said:
And if you live in CA it's worse b/c you have to pay sales tax. These prices are a huuge bummer! Although I ordered one of each I may have to look elsewhere for a better/cheaper deal, like Canada and CANCEL.

Very disappointed with SSC, where's the loyalty? Why couldn't you at least throw us a bone for Ed, like $170-175.

Yes, I agree pretty pricy... And for the Europeans there's even 17,5% vat to pay... That'll be another $400 bill...:medic

Back