Robocop 12" Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shaihulud said:
What is great about Hot toys is that they are really more affordable than Medicom and the sculpt and quality are equal if not better....

I love Hot Toys, their detail is second to none and their sculpts have improved vastly as they must for this market.

I am all OVER these Robocop Figs pre-orders as soon as SSC announces them. The Ed-209 is insane! 14" tall, nothing has ever been made anything made like it! Closest was probably the Horizon kit.

"Drop your weapon, you have 30 seconds to comply... 20... 10...!!!!"

Brant has just saved me some HLJ anxiety. Must have both robos.

It really is a 1/6 Renaissance out there. Now if Medicom would only make their movie figures 1/6 instead of 1/7th and change...

Shelf scenario #321- "The ED 209 is set up as a sentry robot out on the terra-formed colony worlds and is one of the humans last defenses as the back water world is over run by Aliens...and the Predators that hunt them!"

Shelf Scenario #649- "ED 209- Assassin droid sent out to exterminate the Jedi order".

I hope this comes out this year! MY Shelves NEED this!

William Shatners Toupee said:
Shelf scenario #321- "The ED 209 is set up as a sentry robot out on the terra-formed colony worlds and is one of the humans last defenses as the back water world is over run by Aliens...and the Predators that hunt them!"

Shelf Scenario #649- "ED 209- Assassin droid sent out to exterminate the Jedi order".

I hope this comes out this year! MY Shelves NEED this!

LOLLLL...I THINK YOU PLAY TOO MUCH WITH YOUR TOYS :google :google ......BUT GREAT IDEAS ANYWAY...

bluesparrow said:
Thanks for the tip, Brant! That's great news.

I can't wait to see Hot Toys' Aliens.

I've heard reports that HT already have the prototypes, but still no wordon whether these will ever see the light of day...
But I can hope.

ed20917od.jpg

:monkey5

PsychoCenobite :cool:

is the robo cop figure an actual costume over a 1/6th scale body, or just a snap together plastic figure?

captain sack said:
is the robo cop figure an actual costume over a 1/6th scale body, or just a snap together plastic figure?

I don't think it is a costume over a 1/6th figure. Looks like the whole thing is made up of complete section - arms, legs, chest and head.

Would be cool it is was made of metal! :cool:

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

does any one know how much the ed 209 is? really cool. and also what is it made out off? plastic, metal?

It was posted by Bmejedi over on One Sixth Warriors that according to a HK toy forum these figures will be about $107 USD for Robocop and $155 USD for Ed-209 for people in Hong Kong I guess. Not sure if it's an estimate or quoted from Hot Toys and I don't know what SSC will carry them for in the US.
The price could go up in production as well.
If it's a guess, I do think that it's a close one.

screamingmetal said:
It was posted by Bmejedi over on One Sixth Warriors that according to a HK toy forum these figures will be about $107 USD for Robocop and $155 USD for Ed-209 for people in Hong Kong I guess. Not sure if it's an estimate or quoted from Hot Toys and I don't know what SSC will carry them for in the US.
The price could go up in production as well.
If it's a guess, I do think that it's a close one.

Thanks for the estimate, That is about the price I was expecting. But what is it made out off??

I've heard these prices aswell.

I hope they are right, as $150 for the 14" ED209 is a better than I thought!

I hope Sideshow can get these, so shipping is cheaper!

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

i wonder how much better this will be than the mc farlaine version? wasn't that figure fairly well articulated compaired to regular mc farlaine statues?:confused:

captain sack said:
i wonder how much better this will be than the mc farlaine version? wasn't that figure fairly well articulated compaired to regular mc farlaine statues?:confused:

Dude, there is NO comparison, these HOT TOYS figures are the gold standard for sixth scale Robocop, highly detailed, etc. See SS Brant's blog entry below...

I have held the Robocop in my very own hands, and he is a thing of beauty. The working thigh holster is engineering bliss - very nicely done.

Last edited:
It should be alot better than the McFarlane one. The articulation isn't that good. He couldn't bend his arms past a 40 degree angle due to the armour restrictions. The Hot Toys one doesn't have any pics showing that it can do better. I expect it should though, and the hidden holster doesn't appear on the McFarlane, nor the fist spike, which I have seen on another board. So that was good to see.

Last edited:
ED-209. At last. Hopefully, if this one succedes, Mcfarlane will produce a good one in scale with movie maniacs.

Back