Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* MORE CHROME SILVER SURFER TEASER PICS

I want to see some pictures of your whole collection Andy. It'll probably take you all day to unbox & box them back up but I wanna see it. Your probably got some statues your completely forgotten about :lol

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* MORE CHROME SILVER SURFER TEASER PICS

Really like the stone base on for the R2d2 & C3P0 Stateus. It really works quite well. Congrats Andy on all your new stuffs.

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* MY CHROME SSC SILVER SURFER TEASE...

Hey guys, got a cool update and one which has taken a long two months to wait for :thud: some of you may remember a while ago that I posted an upcoming project for chroming my Sideshow Silver Comiquette which was way back on pg 427 (https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...LIFESIZE-BUST-UPDATE*-MKII-MKIII-MKVI/page427) - well it's finally complete and I couldn't be more excited!! :panic::panic: however, my statue was shipped back to me in London only late last week via Los Angeles and is currently awaiting customs clearance so I'll be unable to take some proper pics until it arrives hopefully this weekend or early next week :pray: but fear not as I still have some update pics of the final chrome look and a teaser pic of the customised cosmic trail which was repainted to my choice of colours.

I first fell in love with the chrome customizing on the Sideshow Silver Surfer Comiquette when I first saw fellow freak ComputerFlys version way back last year...it just looked emmense :love but it was something that I never thought I'd be able to do to mine at the time but after seeing a fellow Brit collector over on Facebook have the same thing done to his Surfer back in February, I kindly asked him for the contact information on how to go about doing to the same thing to mine and the rest as they say is history ;)

Enough talk, here some pics of how my Silver Surfer looked before it was sent away for chroming

zyga9uza.jpg

And now what a transformation to fully chrome :horror :horror I can't imagine how this is gonna look inhand...:thud:

ere8egug.jpg

qanahaqa.jpg

y6egenuj.jpg

6ahe4y7y.jpg

And now for a teaser pic of the final completed project and a glimpse of the newly airbrushed cosmic trail :eek:

ra3asamu.jpg

Really hope you enjoyed the update guys and I promise to get some final pics of my Silver Surfer as soon as this arrives in the next few days...thanks so much for looking :wave

Wow. I need you to chrome my SS. Lone the cosmic trails too. Absolutely gorgeous my friend.

:thud:
That silver Chrome surfer!!! WOW!!! You still continue to blow our freaking minds!!!! :thud:

Hey BTW Andy... will you get this 1:2 from AD?
10155845_736790003032874_6530968678578704648_n.jpg

It's so pretty and shiney!

giphy.gif

I can't wait for more pcitures.

that looks crazy andy,like a mirror

I´m having problems to chrome mine,I hope can solve soon

congrats

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* MORE CHROME SILVER SURFER TEASER ...

Holy *****.... That's freaking amazing.

Congrats!

Thanks so much Tam :hi5:

That looks incredible actually. Really improves that piece. Wear gloves when you touch it though ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Daryl, :lol yep, got the white cotton gloves today! Hahaha! Also made the final payment on my He-Man Exclusive today so touch wood I'll have mine shipped same time as yours :yess:

Yeah my little boy has become a big Hulk fan even though he's scared of him :lol

Yeah I was showing him the Grey version but when he see the Green he was so disappointed I wasn't getting it. So being that my collection will be his one day I had to get it

Yea, I'm sure the Green one is more recognisable to your son than the grey version, that's how I would see it anyway. It's only that now I've become more familiar with the Marvel Universe since collecting so will have my first Grey Hulk as soon as it's up for PO. Given the choice though, I'd still prefer to own the original Grey Hulk PF rather than the upcoming new one :pray:

uqy6anus.jpg

Wow. Word's can't describe how good it looks. I will say it again wow.

:lol really glad you like it V8, thanks buddy. The official pics should be up soon bro :rock

Cool can't wait to see the final piece. :yess:

Thanks so much Steve, really appreciate the kind words :)

oohh shiney:cool:.that's very very nice andy.hope customs don't screw you too much.

Hey Chris, yea I hope so too. I'm estimating it to be around the £50 mark (which is extortionate as it is!) it's still in customs as we speak but the status has changed from pending customs clearance to awaiting custom charges :panic:

Last edited:
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* MY CHROME SSC SILVER SURFER TEASER PI

I want to see some pictures of your whole collection Andy. It'll probably take you all day to unbox & box them back up but I wanna see it. Your probably got some statues your completely forgotten about :lol

I really wanna share the pics too Steve...I know I joke about it but it's proper frustrating and depressing having all this stuff packaged away and then see so many great displays from everyone else on here and Facebook...I hope the day comes very soon mate. On a brighter note, I managed to rearrange a few of the shipping boxes the other day and found my original Hulk PF...I opened it up and boy do I love that statue!! :love actually decided to customise the base on that one :)

Really like the stone base on for the R2d2 & C3P0 Stateus. It really works quite well. Congrats Andy on all your new stuffs.

Thanks so much for the kind words bro, really appreciate that :1-1:

Wow. I need you to chrome my SS. Lone the cosmic trails too. Absolutely gorgeous my friend.

:lol yea, a few people have said the same. Feel free to send a PM and I'll give you all the details :hi5:

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* MY CHROME SSC SILVER SURFER TEASER PI

I really wanna share the pics too Steve...I know I joke about it but it's proper frustrating and depressing having all this stuff packaged away and then see so many great displays from everyone else on here and Facebook...I hope the day comes very soon mate. On a brighter note, I managed to rearrange a few of the shipping boxes the other day and found my original Hulk PF...I opened it up and boy do I love that statue!! :love actually decided to customise the base on that one :)

Well your definitely got my attention with the custom Hulk base :)

Yeah I bet it is mate. When I was into figures I had over 50 Hot Toy figures & a number of Enterbay & Sideshow ones to but I was living in a little flat at the time & could only display a few in a Detolf. The rest were in my parents attic :lol & once I finally had the room I ended up selling them all because of getting into PF's.

On a side note I got bored of waiting for my 1st pre-order to turn up because they just keep on getting delayed & I ended up buying the Red Deadpool PF, my little boy is going to freak because he loves him, yet I have absolutely no idea how because I've never shown him any comics involving him or anything? but he talks about him & when he's playing Lego Marvel, occasionally DP will pop up & he gets all excited :lol

So like the Grey Hulk, I know he'll be a bit disappointed with the X-Force DP PF I'm getting this summer. I should get it some time this week which will be cool.

Hey Andy have you had any updates about a date from Lee for the Punisher PF?

I just wrote novel

Well your definitely got my attention with the custom Hulk base :)

Yeah I bet it is mate. When I was into figures I had over 50 Hot Toy figures & a number of Enterbay & Sideshow ones to but I was living in a little flat at the time & could only display a few in a Detolf. The rest were in my parents attic :lol & once I finally had the room I ended up selling them all because of getting into PF's.

On a side note I got bored of waiting for my 1st pre-order to turn up because they just keep on getting delayed & I ended up buying the Red Deadpool PF, my little boy is going to freak because he loves him, yet I have absolutely no idea how because I've never shown him any comics involving him or anything? but he talks about him & when he's playing Lego Marvel, occasionally DP will pop up & he gets all excited :lol

So like the Grey Hulk, I know he'll be a bit disappointed with the X-Force DP PF I'm getting this summer. I should get it some time this week which will be cool.

Hey Andy have you had any updates about a date from Lee for the Punisher PF?

I just wrote novel

:lol @ I just wrote a novel :clap

Massive congrats on Deadpool Steve! Where you getting him from? Lee? I was tempted too by Deadpool but as you know, I just can't have everything! Hahahahaha :lol

As for Punisher, I posted to you on the Punisher thread buddy...Lee confirmed to me yesterday that he'll be recieving stock in June now :gah:

:lol @ I just wrote a novel :clap

Massive congrats on Deadpool Steve! Where you getting him from? Lee? I was tempted too by Deadpool but as you know, I just can't have everything! Hahahahaha :lol

As for Punisher, I posted to you on the Punisher thread buddy...Lee confirmed to me yesterday that he'll be recieving stock in June now :gah:

NOOOOOOOOO :gah: I missed that

So glad I picked up DP now. I need my polystone hit :lol
I picked up DP from a reseller in Italy, Lee's been sold out for some time now

I was hoping you were going to say any day now. I'm supposed to be getting Superman in June but can't see that happening now either :/

Last edited:

NOOOOOOOOO :gah: I missed that

So glad I picked up DP now. I need my polystone hit :lol
I picked up DP from a reseller in Italy, Lee's been sold out for some time now

I was hoping you were going to say any day now. I'm supposed to be getting Superman in June but can't see that happening now either :/

I know right :( totally gutted for all theses delays, especially Superman :gah: this is the first time I've experienced seeing so many others recieve theirs so early when ordering direct with sideshow :dunno all this news abt sending it in batches?? Don't get it....:huh:

Really hope you have more success with your Deadpool than you did with Bats Steve...can't believe how ignorant Cedric is being...his rep has certainly taken a nose dive and I'm sure people will be weary about using services after reading your experience

wow super shines! Looks soo cool!

Good luck with customs, I hope the people who odd the work are helping you out ;)

Thanks Ben...it's still in customs :( :dunno

Wow, really shiny chrome Silver Surfer. I'm curious to know what kind of paint the painter have used to get this effect.

And the cosmic effect on the wave is awesome too, realy well done. :thud:

Can't wait for final pics. :)

Thanks so much my friend....yea, I love how the cosmic trail came out. I was specific with what colours I wanted and the artist proper killed it!! :rock

The chroming on the SS looks sweet Andy! I was going to say I didn't care for the chroming of the cosmic trail, but then I saw that last pic with it back to it's original colors and it really makes the chrome pop. Fantastic upgrade. Cant wait to see in hand pics.

Hi Ski, thanks for your great comments as ever bro :hi5: hopefully the wait shouldn't be too long now :(

fantastic chroming! another my fav. character!!:wink1:

Thanks so much Sovel...glad you like it buddy :hi5:

Wow. That is so sick. Wish I wouldn't have sold mine now

When did you sell yours James? You've sold quite a few pieces now buddy, is if help finance new pieces? If it is then your the same as me. After I heard you and Bmutha had sold your Doom PF's I realised that I had fallen out of love with mine too and sold it literally 3 days after posting the sale on Facebook. However, the Silver Surfer isn't too hard a piece to re-acquire so there's still a chance. If you do and want to get it chromed just let me know and I'll help you out with all the details you need :1-1:

I know right :( totally gutted for all theses delays, especially Superman :gah: this is the first time I've experienced seeing so many others recieve theirs so early when ordering direct with sideshow :dunno all this news abt sending it in batches?? Don't get it....:huh:

Really hope you have more success with your Deadpool than you did with Bats Steve...can't believe how ignorant Cedric is being...his rep has certainly taken a nose dive and I'm sure people will be weary about using services after reading your experience

Hopefully you get Supes soon mate. I ordered with Lee so I'm guessing I won't get mine until September the earliest but I'm not to fussed to be honest because I haven't sorted out a display so he'll only come out for inspection, take some Pics & then into storage. You know all about that though :lol

Don't get me started on Cedric though. He asked for my details thurs to refund me & disappeared again. I've sent him a couple of messages a day since. His communication is terrible, so frustrating

Hopefully you get Supes soon mate. I ordered with Lee so I'm guessing I won't get mine until September the earliest but I'm not to fussed to be honest because I haven't sorted out a display so he'll only come out for inspection, take some Pics & then into storage. You know all about that though :lol

Don't get me started on Cedric though. He asked for my details thurs to refund me & disappeared again. I've sent him a couple of messages a day since. His communication is terrible, so frustrating

I'd love to know how many other people are in the same predicament of recieving new pieces, inspecting them, cuddle them in bed and then repackage it back in the shipping box for storage :dunno what do you reckon Steve? Just us two probably :lol

Man, that Cedric is a complete and utter 'beep' 'beep' 'beep' :lol if he was as good at sorting out his customer complaints as he is at taking customers money then he'd be worth doing business with :lecture

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* MORE CHROME SILVER SURFER TEASER ...

Silver Surfer looks ace!

Chroming on the trail look too notch👌

Eagerly awaiting to see your pics of SS Andy. Come on customs!!

Silver Surfer looks ace!

Chroming on the trail look too notch👌

Thanks so much Frank :clap really appreciate that bro :hi5:

Eagerly awaiting to see your pics of SS Andy. Come on customs!!

Hey Jay...going to pick him up tomorrow from my local Parcelforce depo...at frikkin last :yess:

:thud:
That silver Chrome surfer!!! WOW!!! You still continue to blow our freaking minds!!!! :thud:

Hey BTW Andy... will you get this 1:2 from AD?
10155845_736790003032874_6530968678578704648_n.jpg

Hey Marc, how have you been buddy? Long time no hear :( hope your well ;) thanks for the kind words regarding my Silver Surfer, I hope to get some official full reveal pics posted here tomorrow...taking the kids to the farm tomorrow so hopefully will get some good pics whilst we have decent light :pray:

Yea, I've been in talks with the guys at the Arts Dept regarding this piece a they were asking what ideas I had in regards to a possible 1/2 scale Arnie T-800...I actually suggested the classic 'Mall' pose withe full clean leather gear, shotgun, sunglasses, box of roses, etc...but looks like they've decided to go for the battle damaged look just like the Enterbay version...not my favorite part of the movie but I'll wait to see the likeness before I make any decisions as to whether to buy it. I'm a big fan of their work and I'm sure they'll do a great job :)

It's so pretty and shiney!

giphy.gif

I can't wait for more pcitures.

Thanks Nick...pics should be up tomorrow my friend :hi5:

that looks crazy andy,like a mirror

I´m having problems to chrome mine,I hope can solve soon

congrats

Hey Samuel, got your Facebook messages my friend and all replied :1-1:

Very carzy job for th surfer, big congrats my friend Andy ;)

Thanks so much Adam :hi5: appreciate the kind words bro

That looks awesome. it's how it should have come from the factory.

Hey Dave...certainly would've been if it was ;) cheers buddy :hi5:

Wow...that chrome job looks absolutely STUNNING. :thud:

Thanks so much my friend....should have some official pics up today...as I'm going to pick him up this afternoon :yess:

Wow looks sick!

Best one I've seen yet. Got any more pics of the completed statue?

Chris

Hey Chris, thanks for the kind words buddy :hi5: just picked him up from my local delivery depo so will hopefully take some shots this evening :pray:

Damn! Best coloring ever in any statue. The chrome is amazing! Yes! Then I scroll down to see the base and was even more blown away. This is a true masterpiece custom piece. You are the luckiest guy to own this in your collection! Congrats! Waiting to see more g1 pics soon! :)

:lol Hey CBG...thought you'd like it ;) thanks as ever for the kind comments bro...and just for you (as I know you are a big fan of the G1 Transformers) I've just had my Optimus Prime repainted in a clean version as the original paint apps were seriously poor and some added sculpting was made to bulk up the knee area which I felt was it's weak point :( will have pics up of that on my next update but just for you, here are the latest teaser pics of the half scale G1 Megatron which will hopefully be shipping in a few weeks time :thud:

ra5u9uja.jpg

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* CUSTOM G1 MEGATRON HALF SCALE COMING

Megatron looks sick Andy :horror Wow

So you got this & the Optimus to match & I'm sure you said you PO'd the Prime 1 Studios Optimus & Megatron as well. Man that is going to be one insane Transformers display :rock

Back