Action Figure Robert Pattinson as "The BATMAN" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea I'm gonna wait for offical photos. Thats def not the final suit. Black panther looked terrible when they were shooting civil war and Spiderman always looks awful when shooting. Except for ASM 2 costume but that movie was ass tho

Bale literally started in a ****ing balaclava. Give this a chance. Precious masculinity seems to be on the line here because Pattinson has been cast more than anything. He's a good actor. People flipped **** with Affleck and now despite his rough outing in the role many claim he was the best. This whole thing is clearly a prototype. I will say I would have preferred bigger/broader ears.

I'm hearing that the lenses will be removed in post and they exist as a QOL thing for the stuntman. Rumors say at least. The teaser didn't have them.

The stunt double looks better in the suit than RP, why the **** did they cast a skinny pale sparkling skinned vampire as the next batman. Its like wb wants its dc properties to fail. Talk about self sabatoge. I dont care how many good actors they cast around him if the person playing batman isnt believable its a failure before it starts. I guess they didnt learn their lesson from the joker (good ole grill face) casting fiasco. Its inconceivable that some idiot at wb is being paid 7 figures a year to make these stupid decisions.

I am not a fan of the actor they picked for the role but if 168 pound balding Keaton can be Batman then this guy can too.

Lul you people dissing over Phoenix Joker first image as well. Keep your opinion for yourself.

Lul you people dissing over Phoenix Joker first image as well. Keep your opinion for yourself.

Thought the same thing. People are already writing it off completely in the movie section on here, just like they did with Joker.

Happens every ****ing movie, people just don?t learn. :lol

Robert Pattinson as "The BATMAN" Speculation Thread

Thought the same thing. People are already writing it off completely in the movie section on here, just like they did with Joker.

Happens every ****ing movie, people just don?t learn. :lol

I will always give new Batman the benefit of the doubt but Disney SW....

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I don?t understand the outrage. Every set pic looks bad. Non of the mcu characters look like the set pics.

Can u imagine iron man only wearing the top half of his armor in the movies ? Lol

While I agree and i?m certainly not outraged you still do see the entire costume but that is also ok i?m just shocked that WB allowed Batman crashing his motorcycle in a derpy crash in broad daylight to be how they wanted his full reveal to be minus the cape of course although I don?t think he even has a cape with that one costume.

I?m more concerned about the other characters lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I don?t understand the outrage. Every set pic looks bad. Non of the mcu characters look like the set pics.

Can u imagine iron man only wearing the top half of his armor in the movies ? Lol

Batman looks good here, even it's a stuntman :)

The gaunlets are interesting the blades are not blades, but more so straps. Glad to see the outfit material might be similar to a SW tie fighter pilot outfit or the new AK Beyond Batman suit. That means at least better articulation for the figure. Screenshot_2020-02-23-21-44-55~2.jpg

The red background mock-up looks really promising. Fan-made, I know, but nevertheless looks good. In essence it looks like a CGI tightened up version of the stunt/filming suit, which most superhero suits are these days.

My second thought was how I'd totally buy a figure of that.

In regards to the straps, I think the way those blades are built demonstrate two things:
A) Visual texture, looks like a cool overlay on the structure
B) Hides flexibilty for safety while filming

For me, the biggest issue is with Warner Bros and DC. When it comes to the live action films, for some reason, the Directors/Producers always want to make their "take" or their "vision" of Batman, or "reinvent" Batman. And for some reason, Warner Bros. and DC always let them.
Part of the reason for the success of the Marvel movies, is that they try to stay relatively close to the material (for the characters, anyway - who they are, their motivations, etc.).
With Batman, they always try to do something different. In my opinion, the best representation of Batman outside of the comics, has been the Arkham Asylum and Arkham City video games. I wish they would make a live action film, where they depict Batman (personality-wise, and looks actually) using those games as a reference.

For me, the biggest issue is with Warner Bros and DC. When it comes to the live action films, for some reason, the Directors/Producers always want to make their "take" or their "vision" of Batman, or "reinvent" Batman. And for some reason, Warner Bros. and DC always let them.
Part of the reason for the success of the Marvel movies, is that they try to stay relatively close to the material (for the characters, anyway - who they are, their motivations, etc.).
With Batman, they always try to do something different. In my opinion, the best representation of Batman outside of the comics, has been the Arkham Asylum and Arkham City video games. I wish they would make a live action film, where they depict Batman (personality-wise, and looks actually) using those games as a reference.

That's a really good point, I think the studios are just very different. I like how there are so many different iterations and takes on batman in the comics and films, but gripes aside, you can't have the same batman forever as eventually there will need to be a new actor or a new feel, whereas comics can go on forever and marvel has so many characters to choose from, not just one main one

That's a really good point, I think the studios are just very different. I like how there are so many different iterations and takes on batman in the comics and films, but gripes aside, you can't have the same batman forever as eventually there will need to be a new actor or a new feel, whereas comics can go on forever and marvel has so many characters to choose from, not just one main one

I'd agree with that, except that I don't think WB/DC have done Batman correct on live-action film... ever. Adam West version was campy and silly (although some would say, comic-accurate at that time), Keaton's version did not fit the mold physically, Bale's version was no detective (AND quick to quit), and Affleck's version was too old and past prime.

I will always still go and watch Batman movies, and enjoy them to some extent for what they are, but I wish film makers would study the decades of comics for reference, and really nail the qualities that made Batman arguably the most popular super hero. After that, sure they can play around with the formula.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll be there opening weekend for this one anyway!

I’ll have to see it in action before I consider anything. I wasn’t too keen on Joaquin’s look for Joker, but the movie sold me.

Back