Action Figure Robert Pattinson as "The BATMAN" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I first heard that Michael Keaton was going to be Batman, I was like, WTF? Then I saw the suit and I was on board.

When I heard that Christian Bale and Ben Affleck were going to be Batman, I was like, OK, I could see that.

When I heard that Robert Pattinson was going to be Batman, now I'm back to, WTF? After seeing this suit, or at least part of it, I'm still thinking, WTF?

From Bosslogic

r6JrgFu.jpg

I really don't like the collar. The mix of two styles doesn't sit right with me, it's like he ran out of time after making a hi-tech armored suit and bought a handmade cowl off Etsy.

I was giving this film the benefit of the doubt (and still am, I guess, considering how little we know), but I'm also not a fan of this suit.
I realize that some people feel that it's logical for him to wear all of this armor, and I'm a fan of the idea that the suit is armored underneath, but I hate the chunky, paneled armored look that this suit has. I also hated the Dark Knight and Rises costumes.
Looks like motocross padding, or something.
I never liked the movie idea that "anyone can be Batman", they just need the will and the equipment.
In the comics, Batman is special because of his decades long obsession, and decades long training to maximize his own potential in all things mental and physical.

I'm liking the mix of styles myself, as well as the thinner cowl. But I agree it's a bit hard to see Pattinson being all that intimidating in the role at the moment. Even after being bulked up as much as possible. Although granted Michael Keaton managed to transform into a pretty fearsome and badass Batman in the end, all while only wearing fake rubber muscles, so who knows what we might get...

The cowl is starting to grow on me.
It does have a Noir look to it.

But I just wish they embraced the whole look.
I"m just not a fan of the arkham inspired suit.
Its a totally different look.

I wish they incorporated more of that overall Noir look. Like maybe have his chestpiece also leather, and have the rest of the suit
like the typical superhero costume with a mesh suit on top and muscle suit underneath.
Maybe even have him in bulky Combat boots.

I'm reserving judgement of course, cause I also wasnt blown away when we first saw the Phoenix Joker teaser.
And now I love that look.

But I was expecting to be blown away like the first time seeing Bafleck.
Ung...and I wish he didnt have that collar at least.

I read a little while back that the suit would have a low-tech feel to it, like it?s something he kind of pieced together. That fits with the reveal. Nothing will ever beat Affleck?s suit for me, but if this is indeed a garage-build type affair, hopefully the context of the movie will make it cool.

Well the guy is a multi-millionaire, so it probably does make sense that he would want to head out wearing more than just thin leather or a thick wool shirt. Especially in today's world when the criminals are a lot better-armed than they were in the 40s and 50s. ;)

Initial reaction was a bit underwhelming for me. I'm not a fan of the armored look, but I can live with it. The cowl really seems to throw the look off, though. Something about it just isn't sitting right with me. A friend of mine said he looked like Beavis from Beavis and Butthead, and I can kind of see what he means. It sort of makes his head look elongated like Beavis's.

Re: Robert Pattinson as The BATMAN Speculation Thread

Need to see a full body pic, but I don't like it so far. The bat symbol is ugly, the suit looks hi-tech like the Arkham games, but he has a handmade leather cowl and collar like the Gotham by Gaslight Batman. Those two styles don't mix.

I think you nailed it. Seems like an odd mix. Pessimism is rising.

Back