Rob Zombie's Halloween Uncut DVD - BUYER BEWARE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i bought it saturday and i thought this scene was at the beginning of the movie. it did not bother me. this movie is like a companion piece to the series. a stand alone. if you think the sex scene or rape scene in this movie is bothersome .don't buy a clock work orange. that movie has a graphic rape scene in the beginning of the movie where the lady had her clothes ripped off..But i agree with the person who wrote this post in away because i didn't see it at the box office ,but i am glad i was informed of the incident...

Safe to say rob zomie is just a twisted ****?

look at all his other movies House of 1000 corpses and Devil's Rejects. Hes in love with this sort of stuff

I never intended for this thread to be a debate over the scene being right or wrong, though I think some valid discussion has resulted. My real focus was remember how many of my Freaks bretheren caught the workprint and how much they disliked it and the rape scene being one of the chief complaints so I wanted to make awareness that the version they didn't like was that particular dvd. I still think the theatrical version, while a remake of the original, is still one of the top entries in the Halloween series.

Is the scene worse then I Spit on Your Grave?

I saw Halloween twice in the theator. For free both times. I thought it kicked ass, and I hope Zombie does decide to make Werewolf Women of the SS into an actual movie.

i thought the scene worked great. i fell asleep during the theatrical version.this version i watched all the way through.

now please when i posted my view . i think rape is terrible. i am not in favor of these terrible crimes. but it was a movie and all we know is michael myers probably killed her in the process of killing the 2 jack asses.
it is a sensitive issue and i apologize when i posted before that it sounded like i excepted these brutals acts.
truthfully i have a hard time watching casualties of war.

This film would have been 10x better had Rob Zombie left in the theatrical escape scene rather than the rape escape scene.(In the Unrated Directors Cut)

The rape scene was pointless.

The rape scene was pointless.

That somes up why I take issue with it. Not the content persay, but the fact that it wasn't necessary. Ultimately, Michael's escape could happen in any manner and it would work. Having a couple redneck ****s rape an innocent woman on screen had no purpose other than to shock, it wasn't a story element that resulted in a character rising above their life or anything positive that some rape stories evolve into, it was just trash shock material.

I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring here and say that I actually thought the rape scene worked as a better escape scene. The scene in the theatrical cut was a bit over the top. I'm not saying that the rape scene was easier to watch or more "tasteful", but I do think it worked as a more belivable escape. It gave Michael an easier "out" vs. the Hollywood type drama he went through to escape in the theatrical version.

BTW-the theatrical scene is NOT included on disc 2. However there are some great deleted scenes though. I also liked the alternate ending better than the one Zombie used. The one that he ended up using in the film was more ridiculous and just streched the movie out. If you have not seen the alternate ending (and liked the film), you should check it out!

The alternate ending was part of the workprint copy as well. I have to say, I'm glad it wasn't the theatrical ending or even the ending on the Uncut film. It's interesting, but I found it really breaks Myers character and the theatrical ending is more Michael's persona, though the end seconds are really just Zombie being over the top. I agree that someone opening his room and him killing them and just walking out is a bit more plausible, but really, keeping a more mysterious escape like in the Carpenter film is the best way, it's not about how he gets out but THAT he gets out.

Back