Rob Zombie's Halloween Uncut DVD - BUYER BEWARE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait a second, my version doesn't say "Uncut" anywhere, in fact the back of the DVD says:

Disc 1: FEATURE FILM w/commentary

Disc 2: SPECIAL FEATURES Alternate Ending, Deleted Scenes, Bloopers. etc.

I also saw a "Uncut Version" at Walmart yesturday with a different cover, this one is definetely different. Anyone know if my version is rape free?

A little confused..............:confused:

Voorhees, sounds like you have the theatrical DVD, I'm actually going out tomorrow to pick that up, so yes, you're rape free, you'll see what you got when you saw it in theaters, if you went to the theater that is.

You know what the sad part is about these dvd's is that they just couldent of put both versions together in the dvd set.Anything to make more $$$$$$ at least we know the theatrical version will be on movie channels in a few years.

Im still happy with the directors cut I bought it at circuit city and the bonus disk is the comic con interview lasting only 20 minutes.Not 45 like it says on the sticker.But I still enjoy'd the interviews.

Billy

:lol:lol:rotfl Funny how some nobody on Youtube can become so easily recognized... the internet is truly a marvel.

I just want to play devil's advocate here. Some scenes from the theatrical cut:
1. Little Michael feels up his sisters leg and ultimately stabs her a dozen times.
2. Big Michael beats the poo out of a topless Danielle Harris, leaving her on the floor bleeding and screaming for her life.
3. Little Michael beats a high-schooler to death with a big stick after hearing the kid beg for him to stop.

So, rape is not okay, but killing family members and showing a teenage boy getting beat to death is??

I am not saying you are wrong by any stretch...I just want your thoughts on this :cool:

What a cool movie! :D

My eyes still burn from watching this when it came to the theater so I don't think I will be watching any version. I am curious to know what the practical joke Zombie played on mcdowell though

Last edited:
Picked up the Two-Disc Special Edition from Wal-Mart today, can confirm, it is the theatrical release, no rape scene, everything is what you saw in theaters and the bonus materials are the same as the Unrated disc so there's no loss there.

Just on a general note, all these unrated DVDs that come out before the regular release are really annoying. I've quickly learned that unrated does not equate directors cut, Special Edition or quality... and usually just have a few added scenes that were better left on the cutting room floor.

Just on a general note, all these unrated DVDs that come out before the regular release are really annoying. I've quickly learned that unrated does not equate directors cut, Special Edition or quality... and usually just have a few added scenes that were better left on the cutting room floor.

I've noticed the big influx in 'Uncut' DVD’s. I've noticed it's not just used on horror movies now, even though near every horror that does come out has 'Uncut" stamped across it. I've seen it on movies that I know to of had no cuts. I think now it's just a marketing ploy.

The irony behind the "Uncut" version of this is that Zombie didn't have to cut the film due to studio demands or MPAA ratings. He did reshoots that resulted in the Theatrical version because early test screenings indicated that his original cut (including the rape scene) was a turd.

They could have marketed this as "Now available on DVD! Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN: UNCUT... the version you thought sucked!!"

I liked the rape/escape scene better. Mike escaping that way made more sense to me than fighting a bunch of armed gaurds. And at least he didn't kill the rape victim.

I never got to see this in theaters so I bought the DVD unrated directors cut.. Its not a bad remake (re-imagining) of the original IMHO. (ducks from hurled rocks) :lol

Anyways, whens sideshow coming out with rob zombie's version of Michael Myers? Hey, if they can make 2 versions of the Texas chainsaw massacre figure (from the old and new film) Why not of Michael? Don't they still have the license?

Is it really that bad of a movie... I mean to see it, but usually found something else I'd rather see.

Is it really that bad of a movie... I mean to see it, but usually found something else I'd rather see.

As I said in my review of it, it looks more like a movie Zombie was working on then got the chance to do a Halloween remake and then changed his movie to fit.

Sucks cause Devils Rejects was awesome.

Back