Rob Zombie's Halloween Uncut DVD - BUYER BEWARE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The most disturbing movie rape scene that I have seen is Gaspar Noé's Irréversible starring Monica Bellucci.

Yeah, that one wrecked me too.

Irréversible
The Accused
Casualties of War
Bastard out of Carolina
The Informant

All of these (off the top of my head) include rape scenes that still haunt me. Seriously, I'm a total wuss with that stuff. I can't handle it. And now I basically avoid watching anything that I know has scenes like that in it (like "Boys Don't Cry" or the uncut Zombie "Halloween").

Thanks for heads up about the differences between the unrated and theatrical releases.

Rob Zombie has included a rape scene in every movie he's made so far. His stuff doesn't effect me one way or the other. He's just not good enough of a writer/director to do that, in my opinion. That being said, I'm still curious about the Halloween remake and I'll go with the theatrical version DVD since the workprint/unrated version doesn't have the same positive reaction.

So the rape scene has no connection or relevance to Michael in any way? They just show 2 guys break into a room to rape a girl? That's a bit *****'d up:emperor I could understand if it had a meaning to the story but if it's just a rape scene for the hell of it, that ain't cool.

Exactly. Rape's not a good thing, but it's sadly a fact of life and when it happens in shows like Law & Order or even The Sopranos, there are deeper issues raised and it has a tone of awareness to bring to the viewer and I can handle that because it brings something positive through something very negative. Zombie's stuff just says "Hi, I'm Rob Zombie and I'm ****ed in the head." I was excited to own this finally because I loved it in the theater and it was a total letdown to see him do this.

sorry. but I dont buy into the logic that says a rape scene is too bad to put in a movie but bashing someone's skull in while they scream for help or repeatedly stabbing someone to death isnt too bad to put into a movie....

"man, that rape scene was just sick. That was pushing it too far"
"Couldve been worse, they couldve cut her throat and left her for dead gurgling and bleeding out"
"Nah. That would've been ok."
"but at least she's still alive after she was raped."
"nah, that scene was awful. they shouldve killed her instead"

.. wtf people? :confused:

I bought the directors cut yesterday Im not botherd by the rape scene.I really dont get what the big deal is about the rape scene with some people its not a family movie.After all it is just a movie I think its strange that people find this to be the most shocking scene in the film.Its simulated sex and you dont really see anything anyway.

Zombie is my favorite writer,director I like all of his films.

I think the directors cut was great zombie was the right man for the job for the remake.

Billy

Uh, Billy, simulated rape is not "simulated sex". Rape and Sex are not synonymous (hence why graphic rape is and should remain to be taboo in movies, unless they are relevant to the story).

I'm sure you realize that those are two diametrically different acts and just worded it wrong, but just in case...

Uh, Billy, simulated rape is not "simulated sex". Rape and Sex are not synonymous (hence why graphic rape is and should remain to be taboo in movies, unless they are relevant to the story).

I'm sure you realize that those are two diametrically different acts and just worded it wrong, but just in case...

My mistake sorry I worded it wrong.

Billy

Those who do not like what Rob has done are not forced to watch. I am NOT saying rape is something that should be in films but get off Rob's back! After all he is not the only filmmaker who has used this subject matter on screen.
No one has to watch what they do not want to when it comes to movies! That is why both cuts of the film are for sale! That is why DVD Players come with FF! That is all I have on the subject.

GET OFF ROB'S BACK!!!!

I saw the movie and frankly wouldn't buy either version, I'll just keep my original Halloween, still a much better film

Those who do not like what Rob has done are not forced to watch. I am NOT saying rape is something that should be in films but get off Rob's back! After all he is not the only filmmaker who has used this subject matter on screen.
No one has to watch what they do not want to when it comes to movies! That is why both cuts of the film are for sale! That is why DVD Players come with FF! That is all I have on the subject.

GET OFF ROB'S BACK!!!!

:violin:violin:violin You're right, I forgot about poor Rob Zombies feelings :lol

But in seriousness, I think this is really a discussion about what we each feel are our limits or buttons when it comes to film. I'm not for censorship, but I think its okay to voice my views.

I'm all for creative license in films and all, but when you touch upon subject matter like rape, it's one thing to include in your piece because like it or not, that's the world we live in, but it's another thing when there is NO relevant reason for it to be there. Yes, Michael brutally murders people without mercy in the film, he's a murderer so it's relevant. Having 2 background characters, with no relevance to the film whatsoever, involved in a rape scene which also has no bearing on the story (yes he gets out at that point, but they have an alternate way, so it makes the rape factor irrelevant) is just tasteless shock filmmaking.

****! and my wife JUST bought me it as a gift, I too do not tolerate any kind of rape scene and was one of the guys before this film hit theatres that had a strong issue againt it!

Well, I will definetely be returning it, Zombie did do a good job on this movie but at the end of the day isn't the kind of guy I would appreciate supporting in his "Must have rape scene in" DVD version.

**** him.

Rape scene or not, I still thought the workprint version was better than the theatrical.

Overall, I felt the theatrical print was the better film, but the workprint definitely had elements I'd have liked to see that ended up as deleted scenes on the DVD. The biggest cut scene for me is taking out Loomis's classic line, "DEATH has come to your little town sheriff." That's an iconic line. I think it might have bene slipped into a conversation on the theatrical cut, but it's subtle and doesn't have the Donald Pleasance tone to it like the cut scene.

Back