Rob Liefeld Statue Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why did everything that I collected back in the 90's have to suck? Be it comics, sports cards, or even some of the toys (I'm looking at you Star Trek TNG Kenner figures), everything was mass produced and has little to zero value today.

Sure it was fun collecting them, but I still like the stuff to hopefully retain some value.

I'm in the same boat brother. i have a ton of comics that i used to read and most aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

I have so many crappy comics from the 90's. Liefeld, Silvestri... all of that image comics stuff is s---.

Almost all of my Playmates Star Trek stuff is gone.

Kenner did an OK Batmobile for their 4 inch figure line. One of my few 90's toys that are not in hiding.

3upf.jpg

Why did everything that I collected back in the 90's have to suck? Be it comics, sports cards, or even some of the toys (I'm looking at you Star Trek TNG Kenner figures), everything was mass produced and has little to zero value today.

Sure it was fun collecting them, but I still like the stuff to hopefully retain some value.

I'm in the same boat brother. i have a ton of comics that i used to read and most aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

:lecture:lecture:lecture I have boxes full of the POTF Star Wars line, the first few waves of ToyBiz X-men/Marvel figures, the first several waves of SPAWN figures and other odds and ends. I should've opened them up and played with them. :lol

The comics, that's all EbaY's fault - the bastards. :lol:(

Yup he is the worst comic artist and writer ever. I don't see how fans in the 90's bought into his ____. It was terrible.

i was 9 the first time i saw liefeld's art. I liked it back then. I just spent more time looking at the website with R.L's top 40 ____tiest art. I once again realized my 9-13 year old self had terrible taste in comic art.

So....much like his "art", the Liefeld line would be Sideshow PFs and comiquettes that have already been done, except the original sculpts would be given gigantic proportions and huge, imaginary weapons, right?

OMG! Close this thread, we all know he sucks, he sucked then and he still sucks now let's not waste anymore time on it then we already have! :slap:slap

I thought it was Aprils fools after seeing the title of this thread.... Also we all bought liefield because comic fans are prev's we like boobies... it doesnt even matter if the women are not in proportion.

Well, I for one am glad this thread was started. I don't care how often I see it, nothing is more entertaining than a good old fashioned "sit 'round the campfire and spew hatred towards Rob Liefeld."

one of the more interesting aspects to him back in the day was what he'd say in interviews about an upcoming title he was working on. He'd describe the premise and the characters, and the concepts, and it all sounded great and really well thought out, etc. Then the comic would come out, and there would be a complete lack of any storytelling or the concepts that he described in the interviews, for example, the first couple issues would be nothing more than maybe a single fight scene that in any other comic would take up no more than maybe 6 or 7 pages. Then, the title would abruptly end at about issue 3 without any warning. Then, old Rob would be interviewing again talking up his next big title, and the whole scenario would repeat. I think he had ADD :cuckoo:

one of the more interesting aspects to him back in the day was what he'd say in interviews about an upcoming title he was working on. He'd describe the premise and the characters, and the concepts, and it all sounded great and really well thought out, etc. Then the comic would come out, and there would be a complete lack of any storytelling or the concepts that he described in the interviews, for example, the first couple issues would be nothing more than maybe a single fight scene that in any other comic would take up no more than maybe 6 or 7 pages. Then, the title would abruptly end at about issue 3 without any warning. Then, old Rob would be interviewing again talking up his next big title, and the whole scenario would repeat. I think he had ADD :cuckoo:

Huh??!! Didn't you started this thread? Something about SS doing one of his Capt?

I actually like Rob Liefeld's very first work with DC's Hawk and Dove. I look at the book, and it still holds up I think. Back then he had SOO much potential to improve, then when he move over to Marvel with his New Mutant stuff, I said, "this guy's work seems to get worse". Fast forward to his Image stuff, I basically just saw someone who just repeats panels from his old works....but his work got a little better thanks to good inkers like Danny Miki. But I dunno, back then I guess, I buy his stuff even though I know its crap, but I still bought it. I guess Im like the millions of guys that bought ShadowHawk even if they knew it was crap.

Well one thing I can say, I still dunno how he manage to get work in comics, when there are other better old timers out there who Marvel and DC just don't get to work on anything anymore....

I actually like Rob Liefeld's very first work with DC's Hawk and Dove. I look at the book, and it still holds up I think. Back then he had SOO much potential to improve, then when he move over to Marvel with his New Mutant stuff, I said, "this guy's work seems to get worse". Fast forward to his Image stuff, I basically just saw someone who just repeats panels from his old works....but his work got a little better thanks to good inkers like Danny Miki. But I dunno, back then I guess, I buy his stuff even though I know its crap, but I still bought it. I guess Im like the millions of guys that bought ShadowHawk even if they knew it was crap.

Well one thing I can say, I still dunno how he manage to get work in comics, when there are other better old timers out there who Marvel and DC just don't get to work on anything anymore....

Jim Valentino > Rob Liefeld any day of the week and twice on Sundays!

I bought his stuff because it was inspiring to know someone w/o much talent could become successful in the comic book industry. It gave me hope I could do it too, even if it was false hope lol.

Back