Rob Liefeld Statue Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todd Macfarlane would cry if you say his work is par with Liefeld

Terrible.

1003585.jpg

Actually that cover i did remember liking when i was a wee kid. He did way worst then this. This is actually his better stuff, which isnt saying much im sure.

I always assumed his small hands and barely there feet, oddly proportioned females were just his style, I guess most would say it is horrible, but there are plenty of artists work I dislike more.

I always assumed his small hands and barely there feet, oddly proportioned females were just his style, I guess most would say it is horrible, but there are plenty of artists work I dislike more.

The only art I can think of that I despise more might be abstract art deco...and maybe Pollock. But Liefeld's work is nails on chalk board to me. It's only purpose to show just how much better the rest of the art in the comics medium is for the most part.

Who would be your top three most despised?

Agree not great art but priceless memories...I remember very well...still remember buying new mutants 98 for cover price, loved deadpool so much I bought another 3, unfortunately sold before the bubble now looking again and it's $75+, just went to a con and the lowest I saw there was $225

Is that a joke? I have an original sketch of that cover Rob did, he gave it to me at a convention in tje late 90's I should dig that up

Not at all, I am not a Leifeld fan really but I know many who are, a sketch would probably get you a decent amount based on what it is.

The only art I can think of that I despise more might be abstract art deco...and maybe Pollock. But Liefeld's work is nails on chalk board to me. It's only purpose to show just how much better the rest of the art in the comics medium is for the most part.

Who would be your top three most despised?

Jrjr...never liked his style and didn't understand his popularity...probably because son of an amazing artist.

I have been out of comics for awhile but when I was I knew a lot of the names and some were really bad and couldn't believe they got work

i guess I have a soft spot for Leifelds work, i grew up with it loved new mutants, xforce and Youngblood, I didn't see his work as mis proportioned I saw it as entertaining, and he made some very memorable covers, I could care less how he pissed off some fans and they now teamed up and have a vendetta against him and blasting him everywhere, just like actors I don't care what they do in their personal life, if the movie/tv show is good I just don't care....

Jrjr...never liked his style and didn't understand his popularity...probably because son of an amazing artist.

I have been out of comics for awhile but when I was I knew a lot of the names and some were really bad and couldn't believe they got work

i guess I have a soft spot for Leifelds work, i grew up with it loved new mutants, xforce and Youngblood, I didn't see his work as mis proportioned I saw it as entertaining, and he made some very memorable covers, I could care less how he pissed off some fans and they now teamed up and have a vendetta against him and blasting him everywhere, just like actors I don't care what they do in their personal life, if the movie/tv show is good I just don't care....

Omg yes! John romita jr is definitely on my list of worst for sure! Couldnt agree with u more. His art style is worst then liefeld imo. And liefeld is bad. That should say something.

Googled him and some if his newer stuff looks ok but I think that is more the colorist making it pop, I can't remember what I was reading but I had to stop because his pages were just hard to look at..his earlier work wasn't so bad asm 238 is a favorite of mine...I think when his style changed in the 90s-2000s I didn't care for it at all

Exactly, he may not be the best. But there's so many popular artists out there that I think is so much worst than him. In my opinion rob is way better then so many artists. The only ones that is better is a few of those image co-founders and only a few other artists mostly from the 90s. Today's art style is not my cup of tea at all.

I really hope this thread can let SS know there are fans out there for Liefeld. Please SS make a Liefeld cable, and x-force! I will buy even if the ES is no ES. This thing could be SS biggest money maker!

Back