Media Rise of the Tomb Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm buying Rise of Tomb Raider,Forza 6 and Quantum Break. Halo 5 looks way to much multiplayer focused. Probably going to get a used copy later on

Lol I meant new not next. I was comparing it to the previous tomb raider which initially came out for ps3/360 (then later ps4/xboxone)

This will be my first time playing a tomb raider game on a new gen console

Looks... exciting... but hyperviolent.

Funny how "sexualization", aka shorts and cleavage, are frowned upon, but re-introducing a loved character as a remorseless mass killer is a-ok.

Eh bringing a bit of equality.

Males are depicted that way all the time... it's time for some females to have at it instead of being there for boys to just stare at.

Well, the assassinscreed-anization of TR is complete.
What did you think of the last game? I've seen bits & pieces of the A.C games, & I think I see what you mean. :lol

Looks... exciting... but hyperviolent.
That's what took me aback with the previous game. Till then, I'd only ever played the old PS1 games & the degree of violence in TR13 seemed completely over the top sometimes. This new one looks like they turned the violence knob to 11. Still, looks like it's going to be a pretty intense game, like the last one.

Woah, the violence is pretty over the top. The reboot was already pretty violent but this is going a bit overboard. I find it hard to believe that Lara would be such a ruthless killing machine.

I see some Ass, I don't see any Creeds.

That's what took me aback with the previous game. Till then, I'd only ever played the old PS1 games & the degree of violence in TR13 seemed completely over the top sometimes. This new one looks like they turned the violence knob to 11. Still, looks like it's going to be a pretty intense game, like the last one.

You've never played the PS2/3 Trilogy? Man those were awesome! Legend, Anniversary and Underworld were soo good. Pretty compelling story as well!

I just hope no more crappy MP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never bothered with the multiplayer after hearing how bad it was.

Woah, the violence is pretty over the top. The reboot was already pretty violent but this is going a bit overboard. I find it hard to believe that Lara would be such a ruthless killing machine.

Same here. The real Lara never killed people unless she had to, and she doesn't get stabby, just a quick round to the head. I guess every game wants to be The Last of Us now. :lol

It was bad... Why even bother adding MP? Especially if SE wasn't planning on fixing that hot mess of so called MP. :lol anyway, I hope it has more replay value than the first one.

You've never played the PS2/3 Trilogy? Man those were awesome! Legend, Anniversary and Underworld were soo good. Pretty compelling story as well!
I own the PS3 trilogy set, but haven't started on them yet. I'm replaying the old ones atm, & in the middle of TR3. I seem to have hit a snag with it too, I can't access the Antarctica section, after replaying the last Pacific Island level to go back for the secret. Frustrating!

I own the PS3 trilogy set, but haven't started on them yet. I'm replaying the old ones atm, & in the middle of TR3. I seem to have hit a snag with it too, I can't access the Antarctica section, after replaying the last Pacific Island level to go back for the secret. Frustrating!

You're in for a treat then, the Trilogy certainly has the best story with Lara searching for he missing mother and the gameplay is refined that you're actually doin a lot of Tomb Raiding. I would play Anniversary (a remake of TR1) followed by Legend and finally Underworld.

Like I said, I enjoy the reboot just fine but it's not really a "Tomb Raider" game, these are the three games I go back to whenever I think of TR done right.

Also, I'm glad it's coming out for the PS4 but I want the dual pistols and backpack Lara back. I don't really care for this new "Lara"... She's too Hunger Games, AC, Ninja, assassin hybrid. :lol

We need a sequel to Underworld!!!

Back