Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the best movies of the year. Period. End of sentence.

This was exceptional from storytelling to performance (and I'm not a Franco fan but as Caesar carried this story that was ok). I certainly hope this is well received and that we have a new film franchise to enjoy.

So many nods to Heston's original-- Wonderful film.

I'm so glad to see so many enjoyed this as much as I did. There were so many things done right in this I can't point them all out. REALLY looking forward to the sequels to this.

Seen it twice and I just might go again tomorrow... I absolutely enjoy this movie, definitely one of the best pieces of entertainment this year. I really, really want some Hot Toys figures of the apes for my shelves now! :pray:

Saw it. Loved it.

I was expecting to see big foot when John L. was driving through the forrest with his station wagon.

Would love to see a sequel.

Also...
Spoiler Spoiler:

This movie was amazing! Has jumped near the top, if not the TOP of my summer movie list for the year!

Spoiler Spoiler:

I hope hot toys picks up this movie. Anyways heading out later to see this a better theater then the one we saw it in on friday.

It's really funny reading the original posts and peoples comments about certain things in the trailer, and how that affects their perception of a movie.

Personally, I really enjoyed this filmed. It's certainly better than most of the Apes films to date and perhaps may be the best one yet. Although the original holds a special place in my heart.

I may have just learned to never read, look at photos/trailers or any film because it really builds or destroys your perception of a movie before it's even released.

Saw it yesterday and all I can say is...WOW! :rock

The SFX, the story and all the homages to the original movie made this one such a fun movie to watch!

My friends and I went to dinner afterwards and talked about the movie the whole time we ate. :lol
monkey_emoticon.gif

Best movie of the summer by far! Kind of a sleeper hit as it didn't have all of the months of posters and promos, etc all of the super hero movies did. I hope this does extremely well and we get a sequel.

i loved the film watched it last night and when
Spoiler Spoiler:
the disbelief on guys face was quality - great film

Last edited by a moderator:
i loved the film watched it last night and when
Spoiler Spoiler:
the disbelief on guys face was quality - great film

Spoiler Spoiler:

this was a whole new story . retelling the planet of the apes for a whole new generation..you couldn't have this as a prequel to the other classics. special affects were too good..i was speechless when
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back