RIP James Gandolfini

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for those sopranos fans disappointed with the final show. gandolfini's real life death would have worked for the finale better. tony soprano goes to italy and suffers a massive heart attack. his rivals couldn't kill him but his own heart did. sometimes real life is odd.

I have the awesome box set of the entire series, time to dust it off and watch them again. I had always hoped we might get a Sopranos movie somewhere down the line but that can't happen without "Tony"

Rest In Peace my friend, chillin' out on the ole "Stugots!"

How could they have made a sopranos Movie? He died at the end.

Why cant people pay attention scene for scene at the end, and not realize it. David Chase should of done the ending way better then it was. Alll the details are there portraying that he was killed in the last scene.

How could they have made a sopranos Movie? He died at the end.

Why cant people pay attention scene for scene at the end, and not realize it. David Chase should of done the ending way better then it was. Alll the details are there portraying that he was killed.

He was killed in the last scene.

Exactly. The camera work keeps referencing Tony's perspective from his table and in the end all there was darkness = death.

james-gandolfini-holstens-reserved-sopranos-table.jpg

https://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20710631,00.html

Don't know. It would be cool if they did but i'm guessing it's just for a week or two.

Yes, that's what I am thinking also. Would just be so cool if it was forever reserved.

Anyways, it really is cool. I wish I had made the efforts to visit Holstens when I visited NY in Jan.

I really, really want to watch The Sopranos. I can't rent it anywhere near me, and I don't have HBO (so no HBO Go). I tried watching online, but that farted out on me after awhile. I enjoyed the few that I did watch very much. Since it seems that a Blu-Ray release for the whole series is pretty much out of the cards, it seems that my best bet would be to just buy the complete series.

I really, really want to watch The Sopranos. I can't rent it anywhere near me, and I don't have HBO (so no HBO Go). I tried watching online, but that farted out on me after awhile. I enjoyed the few that I did watch very much. Since it seems that a Blu-Ray release for the whole series is pretty much out of the cards, it seems that my best bet would be to just buy the complete series.

You won't regret buying, and I am pretty sure you can pick up the complete set for a bargain these days.

I may just have to bite the bullet and pick it up at some point, then, as, like you said, I'm sure I won't regret it.:lol

The only thing you'll regret is not having jumped into this masterpiece sooner :)

I was still a little too young when it started, so I pretty much missed the initial run, but I've been wanting to get into it ever since I turned into an HBO junkie (between Deadwood, Boardwalk, and Game of Thrones, I'm hooked; for a while, there, I even watched True Blood), so it was really just a matter of time. I've always loved that gangster/Mafioso genre, and I loved the first few episodes that I watched, so I really can't wait to start at the beginning, again, and make my way through the saga of Tony Soprano (for the first time).

I'll say this, though, Gandolfini just oozed charisma and, there was just something about him that audiences loved to watch. As you guys already know, I never watched The Sopranos, but he was just one of those actors that really just enthralled the audience. The last three films that I saw him in were Zero Dark Thirty (which I didn't even know he was in until his part came up; it was a pleasant surprise), Killing Them Softly (I loved the whole film, and he was right there with the best of them, as far as performances go; I'd say that his was one of the best), and True Romance (which I only just saw, for the first time, recently).

I was still a little too young when it started, so I pretty much missed the initial run, but I've been wanting to get into it ever since I turned into an HBO junkie (between Deadwood, Boardwalk, and Game of Thrones, I'm hooked; for a while, there, I even watched True Blood), so it was really just a matter of time. I've always loved that gangster/Mafioso genre, and I loved the first few episodes that I watched, so I really can't wait to start at the beginning, again, and make my way through the saga of Tony Soprano (for the first time).

I'll say this, though, Gandolfini just oozed charisma and, there was just something about him that audiences loved to watch. As you guys already know, I never watched The Sopranos, but he was just one of those actors that really just enthralled the audience. The last three films that I saw him in were Zero Dark Thirty (which I didn't even know he was in until his part came up; it was a pleasant surprise), Killing Them Softly (I loved the whole film, and he was right there with the best of them, as far as performances go; I'd say that his was one of the best), and True Romance (which I only just saw, for the first time, recently).

The Sopranos is the best show ever made, in my opinon.

I like it more then Deadwood, Game Of Thrones, and Boardwalk. I Also didn't see he "The Sopranos" until a few years ago or so. I wanted to watch a new show, but didn't know if it would be good. I finally said "what the hell', bought the first 4 seasons very cheap from a guy selling them used, and fell in love with the show from the first episode. I thought the show would be cheasy or something, of course there is nothing cheeasy about it, it's adult, lots of swearing, nudity.

It was also great to watch all the episodes back to back instead of waiting for new seasons to come out. I hate waiting for the next seasons, like current shows.

If you like Mob stuff, like Gandolfini, this show you will love. It will go down as a classic, along with "The Godfather".

I like it more then Deadwood, Game Of Thrones, and Boardwalk.

Without getting into a debate about which is the 'best series ever', I think it's fair to say that none of the other acclaimed TV drama series that followed The Sopranos would ever have seen the light of day were it not for that groundbreaking show. It's not a stretch to claim that the success of The Sops has greatly contributed to the decline of mainstream cinema as the preferred narrative engine in popular visual culture.

To be fair there is no argument to be had, Sopranos was just recently voted the best tv show ever by the Writers Guild of America.

Back