RIP Carl Weathers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1*ABZ099Im99r1PK_Ckq1SPA.gif

Very sad. I’m not a particularly big Rocky fan but I’ve seen most of them and enough other films with Weathers to have always been impressed by his incredible charisma that is somehow intense and heart warming at the same time. And he always came across as a genuine, sweet man. A real loss. I watched Action Jackson last night and it has held up well as an incredible dumb but insanely fun movie.

Edit:
Just to add Action Jackson has one of the most impressively stacked 80s action casts I have ever seen. A lot are 80s action Joel Silver alumnis from Lethal Weapon, Commando, Die Hard.

Sharon Stone, Robert Davi, Tom Wilson, Bill Duke, Roger Aaron Brown, Jack Thibeau (who always plays cops, like McCaskey in Lethal Weapon the year before), Mary Ellen Trainor. Ed O’Ross, Thomas Wagner who played the bartender in Near Dark, Al Leong, De’voreaux White who was Argyle the driver in Die Hard, Bob Minor, Chino “Fats” Williams, Sonny Landham!

Last edited:
Very sad. I’m not a particularly big Rocky fan but I’ve seen most of them and enough other films with Weathers to have always been impressed by his incredible charisma that is somehow intense and heart warming at the same time. And he always came across as a genuine, sweet man. A real loss. I watched Action Jackson last night and it has held up well as an incredible dumb but insanely fun movie.

Edit:
Just to add Action Jackson has one of the most impressively stacked 80s action casts I have ever seen. A lot are 80s action Joel Silver alumnis from Lethal Weapon, Commando, Die Hard.

Sharon Stone, Robert Davi, Tom Wilson, Bill Duke, Roger Aaron Brown, Jack Thibeau (who always plays cops, like McCaskey in Lethal Weapon the year before), Mary Ellen Trainor. Ed O’Ross, Thomas Wagner who played the bartender in Near Dark, Al Leong, De’voreaux White who was Argyle the driver in Die Hard, Bob Minor, Chino “Fats” Williams, Sonny Landham!
I’ve never watched it and i’m a product of the 80’s.

I need to finally watch it.

I’ve never watched it and i’m a product of the 80’s.

I need to finally watch it.
Do it. Was probably one of the first R rated movies i saw at the cinema. I probably watch it for Vanity more than anything else at the time lol!

I have never seen Hurricane Smith, I probably should because I’m an Aussie but it looks pretty awful. Plus Weathers without the moustache just seems wrong.

Such a good actor. He really was a good actor. Can do drama and action very well.

Always bee Apollo Creed though...but I LOVED him as Dillon in Predator. Such a flawed character who at the end made the sacrifice. He was my favorite character, more than Dutch, just because he was in conflict with duty and had his fall from grace before redeeming himself in the end.

I was really glad to see his career resurgence with the Star Wars TV shows, since prior to that he hadn't done much of note for a couple of decades. I didn't like how they made a sad kind of joke out of him in Arrested Development, even though he was totally in on it. And he seemed really vibrant and healthy for someone his age, moreso than Sly Stallone for sure, so this does come as a sad surprise. RIP. A big part of many of our childhoods. Predator wouldn't be what it is without him, for sure. Or Rocky, of course.

Back