RIP James Gandolfini

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree 100%
Sopranos is easily the best show ever made
RIP James G

The Sopranos is the best show ever made, in my opinon.

I like it more then Deadwood, Game Of Thrones, and Boardwalk. I Also didn't see he "The Sopranos" until a few years ago or so. I wanted to watch a new show, but didn't know if it would be good. I finally said "what the hell', bought the first 4 seasons very cheap from a guy selling them used, and fell in love with the show from the first episode. I thought the show would be cheasy or something, of course there is nothing cheeasy about it, it's adult, lots of swearing, nudity.

It was also great to watch all the episodes back to back instead of waiting for new seasons to come out. I hate waiting for the next seasons, like current shows.

If you like Mob stuff, like Gandolfini, this show you will love. It will go down as a classic, along with "The Godfather".

Without getting into a debate about which is the 'best series ever', I think it's fair to say that none of the other acclaimed TV drama series that followed The Sopranos would ever have seen the light of day were it not for that groundbreaking show.

Actually it was HBO's "OZ" that set the way for graphic violence on TV an set the bar for HBO and what the network was capable of. If it wasn't for "OZ", "The Sopranos" actually might not have happened, or at least wouldn't be anything compared to what it became.

Actually it was HBO's "OZ" that set the way for graphic violence on TV an set the bar for HBO and what the network was capable of. If it wasn't for "OZ", "The Sopranos" actually might not have happened, or at least wouldn't be anything compared to what it became.

I'd forgotten all about Oz, yeh, that was a groundbreaking show. I was never wholly invested in it though, I kept missing episodes and I'd come back to it and find a whole bunch of characters had been killed off :lol

I'd forgotten all about Oz, yeh, that was a groundbreaking show. I was never wholly invested in it though, I kept missing episodes and I'd come back to it and find a whole bunch of characters had been killed off :lol

It's a great show, bought all seasons on dvd a few months ago and watched it. Amazon.ca had them for $11 a season a few weeks ago, so they can be bought cheap.

Lots of good drama in that show, i enjoyed it. Plus Eddie Falco from "The Sopranos" was also in the first two seasons.

24cover_gandolfini_lores_a_p.jpg

Anyone who knows J.K. Simmons as JJJ in Spiderman or even the Farmer's Insurance commercials would have their minds blown to see him as Schillinger.

Last edited:
Just finished the series for the second time in a few months. Never gets old. The only episode I didn't like was when he was in a coma and had that dream. I just hate dream sequences. Otherwise literally every episode was worth watching with complete focus.

Just read about his wake, such a goddamn shame. My girlfriend who never watched the show has mentioned she wants to, it would be the first time I've re-watched the series since it was originally on HBO.

Just read about his wake, such a goddamn shame. My girlfriend who never watched the show has mentioned she wants to, it would be the first time I've re-watched the series since it was originally on HBO.

It's not easy :(

Watched some the other day and I found myself getting really choked up.

Anyone who knows J.K. Simmons as JJJ in Spiderman or even the Farmer's Insurance commercials would have their minds blown to see him as Schillinger.

Yes it is strange seeing him in those corny commercials, especially after seing him as a racist guy, killing, raping, and using the N word every 5 minutes :lol.

Just finished the series for the second time in a few months. Never gets old. The only episode I didn't like was when he was in a coma and had that dream. I just hate dream sequences. Otherwise literally every episode was worth watching with complete focus.

Yeah l hated the parts where he was dreaming. I didn't like that even in a coma, Tony was still the main character in those episodes. They should have left Tony completely out, besides just lying there, and focused on some of the other characters a little more.

The on epsiode I HATE is the episode where the FBI are putting the bug in the lamp in the basement (season 3 i think) sneaking into the house. The FBI was the focus 90% of that episode. When l get to that episode l fast forward 90% of it. Why in the world they made that episode like that is beyond me, especially when the bugged lamp led to nothing.

Doubt.

The word is doubt.

BADA BING! . . . :pow

AAHHH yes, thank you.

Back