RIP James Gandolfini

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he will always be remembered for his gangster roles. unfortunately he didn't take very good care of himself and didn't look 51. RIP tony!!!!

Great actor. From the stories from other cast members, he was able to play Tony Soprano so well because he had his own demons to battle. Just got my wife into watching the show. Hate to see him go. RIP

I'm still in utter shock over this. Started watching the show when I was in my early teens and basically grew up with the show. He was such a tremendous talent and gave one of the greatest performances ever in the show and always was a solid act in any other project. He will truly be missed by me.

soprano_zps9ca24347.gif

Too much saturated fat and cholesterol and cigarettes. A really great actor. I always knew he would die of a heart attack. I saw it coming from many years ago.

He may not have had a cholesterol problem. You can't assume that because he was a big guy. If I blame anything, it's the cigarettes. Add the fact that he used to do coke as well, which is hard on the heart.

I'm just sorry his son had to witness it at such a young age. He was the one who called for help. They were on some sort of boy's trip to Italy. :(

And he just had a daughter. Pretty messed up situation. I assumed it could be his weight but yeah smoking definitely could of done it. I just immediately assumed it could be his weight since through the whole show he looks like he gained about 100lbs.

He may not have had a cholesterol problem. You can't assume that because he was a big guy. If I blame anything, it's the cigarettes. Add the fact that he used to do coke as well, which is hard on the heart.

I'm just sorry his son had to witness it at such a young age. He was the one who called for help. They were on some sort of boy's trip to Italy. :(

They where at a film festival.
My brother in law recently had a heart attack and was told that poor diet and smoking will not cause it, obviously won't help, but the main factor is hereditary.

They where at a film festival.
My brother in law recently had a heart attack and was told that poor diet and smoking will not cause it, obviously won't help, but the main factor is hereditary.

If his doctor told him that he needs to get a new one. That's total bull****.

Last edited:
:lol ... sounds more like the brother in law just doesnt want to change his diet or stop smoking so he passed along his own "valid" info.

"Dad. My 95% clogged arteries were inherited from you"
:lol

What a shame, only 51. He was a brilliant actor, always owned any scene be was in, for all the praise Sopranos gets I think he was an under appreciated actor. Sux we'll never see anything new from him.

What a shame, only 51. He was a brilliant actor, always owned any scene be was in, for all the praise Sopranos gets I think he was an under appreciated actor. Sux we'll never see anything new from him.

I definitely agree. He got a lot of praise for his role as Tony, but not convinced outside of that role, he was appreciated as much as he should have been.

With small roles in Killing Them Softly and Zero Dark Thirty, it seemed his profile was beginning to grow perhaps. It it is deeply saddening we shall never know :(

Back