Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF..Link to buy in 1st Post.

I personally find ALL the old animated Tolkien films entertaining...I find they just carry a certain "charm" with them.I wasn't aware of them as a kid(my first introduction to Tolkien was the audio cassette of The Hobbit which I fell in love with),and in fact I've only just recently watched them in the last few years and thought they were great :)

Obviously you can't compare them to the huuuuuge EPIC-NESS of the motion picture trilogy,as that would not be fair at all...they are two different beasts entirely.

So yeah,if you love the story of LOTR then I would definitely recommend the animated movie...just watch with an open mind and embrace the difference,rather than reject it. I for one am up for as many good adaptations of Tolkiens work as we can get...movies,animated works,anything so long as it's good!! :)

I saw online they released the animated movie on Blu Ray. I would be open to watching it sometime if some of you guys think it's a good flick and a nice adaption of the story.

Yes, that is the one I was talking about. It was released with the theatrical trilogy a while back so you can pick it up cheap now. I got it free from WBshop through their old rewards program. By all means watch it if you wish and please let us know what you think of it.

As far as the animation goes, has anyone here seen The Last Unicorn? That has that early 80's animation (1982) and the random pictures I've seen of the old LOTR actually kind of remind me a bit of the animation in The Last Unicorn. Do you guys think the styles are similar?

BTW, The Last Unicorn is one of my all time favorite animated movies. I highly recommend it.

Last unicorn, Fievel, Ferngully, Land Before Time....

Took this today when I was taking some boxes to the shed.

null_zps06b6c810.jpg

Dang, not bad, Josh! Reminds me of the stack of money Skyler's maintaining for Walt in the self-storage unit.

All my stuff's in storage until we move and have to admit, it's a bit daunting to watch it pile up over the year-and-a-half I've been collecting. Really dislike the current process of opening a collectable for inspection, then closing it up and adding it to the pile. Feels a little hoarderish (especially since I'm a minimalist, generally). Can't wait until we move.

Yeah, I hate not being able to display something. Not being able to display the RWOS PF really stinks. :(

Yeah, the box mountain is impressive. :lol :rock

Finally got to set up the Dark Rider yesterday and have to say this is by far the best LOTR piece that I have owned. I prefer the Ex sword hand, but where I have him displayed it would be sticking out right at eye level, so it's regular for now. I decided not to use the pocket on the hood because it made the inside look baggy. It looks much better just draped over the "upide-down spoon".
It's taking me a while to get used to seeing the Morgul Lord completely dwarfed by another PF.:lol

Any pictures?

Finally got to set up the Dark Rider yesterday and have to say this is by far the best LOTR piece that I have owned. I prefer the Ex sword hand, but where I have him displayed it would be sticking out right at eye level, so it's regular for now. I decided not to use the pocket on the hood because it made the inside look baggy. It looks much better just draped over the "upide-down spoon".
It's taking me a while to get used to seeing the Morgul Lord completely dwarfed by another PF.:lol

Totally agree. When I first set him up I used the pocket, but it didn't look right because when you looked at him you could see the physical fabric. However, in the movies, there is just a nothingness, which is much better conveyed NOT using the pocket. If you don't use it, then just like in the movies, you look into his hood and just see a void.

Collectors in UK who have received their Dark Rider of Mordor Sideshow Exclusive Edition OR Regular how much were the Customs duty and Tax? :gah:

Thanks...

Collectors in UK who have received their Dark Rider of Mordor Sideshow Exclusive Edition OR Regular how much were the Customs duty and Tax? :gah:

Thanks...

A lot more than I expected..........£154! :horror

That sounds about right, I live in Ireland and I got hit for €150ish. :slap

I didn't get invoiced for a good while after delivery...I though I had go away with it...but it was not to be. :gah:

Here's a few pics of mine. Sorry about the quality of the images, but Dark Rider + Dark Basement + crappy camera = lousy pictures.:lol

Both ML & DR are Ex's but displayed with Reg options. ML because I don't like the flaming sword and DR because his sword will put someone's eye out.:lol

Last edited:
Back