Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No! Thank god :lol

:lol

Reminds me of when the PS3 and Xbox 360 first came out. That guy would stand in line to be one of the first to get it, then go outside in the middle of the line and smash it.

Sent from my HTC One

Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF..Link to buy in 1st Post.

Been playing around with some lighting today. I think I like the yellow light on this. I've combined a yellow and a white LED. Spooky stuff!

:lol

Reminds me of when the PS3 and Xbox 360 first came out. That guy would stand in line to be one of the first to get it, then go outside in the middle of the line and smash it.

Sent from my HTC One

I remember that...don't remember what his point was though.

Been playing around with some lighting today. I think I like the yellow light on this. I've combined a yellow and a white LED. Spooky stuff!

Nice. That second pic reminds me of the animated LOTR where the wraith looked like a shadow. Just missing the glowing red eyes!

Nice. That second pic reminds me of the animated LOTR where the wraith looked like a shadow. Just missing the glowing red eyes!

You talking about the animated movie version from the late 70's? If so, is it any good? I've never seen it.

You talking about the animated movie version from the late 70's? If so, is it any good? I've never seen it.

From memory (like 15 years ago) It actually has a few scenes that are really similar to the movies. Almost like they have been copied.

It's not bad, a bit dated. It was all we had back then. I remember everyone back in the day saying stuff like "There's no way they can make these books into a film with all the singing and poems and characters"

The rest after that is history!! The best book to film transfer possibly ever...

I got it on blu as I had only seen the Hobbit animated back in the day. I wish now I would have not watched it, the live action movies are in my top 10, but the animated was so bad it was painful compared to them. I suggest you stay away, but it might be good for a laugh now, just don't expect much.

I got it on blu as I had only seen the Hobbit animated back in the day. I wish now I would have not watched it, the live action movies are in my top 10, but the animated was so bad it was painful compared to them. I suggest you stay away, but it might be good for a laugh now, just don't expect much.

LOL, I'll take your advice and stay away from the animated versions.

The trilogy films are my all-time favorite movies.

LOL, I'll take your advice and stay away from the animated versions.

The trilogy films are my all-time favorite movies.

That was just for LOTR, I have not seen the Hobbit animated for a long time and if memory serves it was good, but I was just a kid when I saw it. Those were the days, we even had a pub downtown called Mr. Bilbo's which had all Hobbit/LOTR stuff in it. It is a shame they did not make it, they closed up right before anyone knew the new movies were coming out about 15 years ago.

Mr.+Bilbo%27s+Beer+Cozy.jpg

There's nothing wrong with the animated versions. They were meant for kids and done in the style of the 70s when they were made. They are more true to the story and easier for kids to watch because they aren't so needlessly violent. If you can't sit through these then get some stronger ADHD medicine. Ignoring the comic book voices, the Ranking Bass ROTK actually has far better dialog than the live action movies. Compare the witch king scenes on the Pelennor Fields to see what I mean. Jackson butchered this scene, totally butchered it.

There's nothing wrong with the animated versions. They were meant for kids and done in the style of the 70s when they were made. They are more true to the story and easier for kids to watch because they aren't so needlessly violent. If you can't sit through these then get some stronger ADHD medicine. Ignoring the comic book voices, the Ranking Bass ROTK actually has far better dialog than the live action movies. Compare the witch king scenes on the Pelennor Fields to see what I mean. Jackson butchered this scene, totally butchered it.

No, I would disagree about the "classic" 70s style, I love good motion animation going back to the early Disney days and I was shocked how poor the LOTR looked, even compared to its peers at the time. Voices were terrible and it was way too slow, even for a kids movie. They may have gotten a few more things right adaptation wise, but overall it was a very poor attempt, even for back then. I would also disagree that the new ones were "needlessly" violent, we are talking about some dark subject matter and large scale wars for a modern audience. How tame would it have to be, we don't need another kid movie?

It's a shame people are trying to persuade others not to watch the animated movies. They're good in their own right. If you're a LOTR fan they're surely a must see.

Also agree that PJ could have done better with the Eowyn vs Witch King scene.

It's a shame people are trying to persuade others not to watch the animated movies. They're good in their own right. If you're a LOTR fan they're surely a must see.

Also agree that PJ could have done better with the Eowyn vs Witch King scene.

He asked and I gave my opinion. If you disagree please tell why he should watch the original LOTR movie(I have not been talking about the Hobbit or ROTK). A discussion would be nice instead of just bashing the live action or someone with a different opinion. Just because it is called LOTR does not make it an automatic "must watch" IMO. If this is to continue, this is not the thread either, lets keep it DROM before we get too far off here.

Lets play nice. :lol The animated movies are ok. I haven't seen them for years. I didn't dislike them but not in love with them either. As far as how Jackson handles the Eowyn vs Witch-king I have to say I thought it was done pretty well.

Here's a video of a horse being beaten to death...Parental Discretion is advised

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcwmDN0gAmM

It was from a german fellow collector. I remember that it had "only" a damaged base, but SSC didn't want to replace it. So he decided to destroy the whole statue and ordered a new one. Dont't know why SSC is sacrificing a whole Statue instead of a single base.

As far as the animation goes, has anyone here seen The Last Unicorn? That has that early 80's animation (1982) and the random pictures I've seen of the old LOTR actually kind of remind me a bit of the animation in The Last Unicorn. Do you guys think the styles are similar?

BTW, The Last Unicorn is one of my all time favorite animated movies. I highly recommend it.

He asked and I gave my opinion. If you disagree please tell why he should watch the original LOTR movie(I have not been talking about the Hobbit or ROTK). A discussion would be nice instead of just bashing the live action or someone with a different opinion. Just because it is called LOTR does not make it an automatic "must watch" IMO. If this is to continue, this is not the thread either, lets keep it DROM before we get too far off here.

I'm not trying to start a discussion about it, its just a shame were not encouraging him to take a couple hours out of his busy life and experience them for himself, whereas now hes saying 'oh ok I won't watch them then'. It's your issue if you want to get upset about it.

I saw online they released the animated movie on Blu Ray. I would be open to watching it sometime if some of you guys think it's a good flick and a nice adaption of the story.

I don't feel like debating either. All I can say is that I watched Bakshi's version as a kid and it had the longest lasting impact on me. Apparently in the early 80s what constitutes as slow was a bit different since I never found it slow. Maybe that's the difference, people that see it for the first time as adults today dislike the film. For what it was, as a kid who was a huge Tolkien fan, there will never be anything else like it for me. The animation style is called rotoscoping, they shot live action and animated over it. I always liked it, some hate it. As for the Rankin Bass versions of the Hobbit and ROTK most people dislike the musical numbers. I find them catchy. If you have the attention span of someone older than 3 and 2 hours to spare I would give the Bakshi version a watch.

Back