Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF..Link to buy in 1st Post.

Greta pics NorthernLad. I really like the cleanliness of the DROM PF vs the standing version. Something about the mix of cloth and armor doesn't look quite right to me but the DROM is perfect.

Last edited:

Great photos people, hope you all like him as much as I do.
One of the best items this year for sure.

Hopefully my WL converts for the EX and I can find out. These pics with the ML also are making me want to add him as well, I have a lot of catching up to do!

Hopefully my WL converts for the EX and I can find out. These pics with the ML also are making me want to add him as well, I have a lot of catching up to do!

Morgul Lord is awesome! He's one of those PFs that seemed to be love or hate (because of the pose), but he really is one bad a$$ statue. Very detailed too, even with all of the cloth.

Morgul Lord is awesome! He's one of those PFs that seemed to be love or hate (because of the pose), but he really is one bad a$$ statue. Very detailed too, even with all of the cloth.

The ML is one of the best pieces that I've owned (it was my Fav until the DR). I had the Lurtz Ex, Aragorn Ex, GTG and the Moria Orc Ex and sold them all, but I'll never part with the ML or DR. I guess coming from me, that's no big surprise.:lol

Last edited:

The ML is one of the best pieces that I've owned (it was my Fav until the DR). I had the Lurtz Ex, Aragorn Ex, GTG and the Moria Orc Ex and sold them all, but I'll never part with the ML or DR. I guess coming from me, that's no big surprise.:lol

Aww, I want to get Lurtz, Aragorn and Gandalf the Grey!

I completely re-futzed my DR from top to bottom last night.
I realized that I messed up the belts slightly and it was eating away at me. After removing the hood/cloak and the belts (which I ended up needing to re-glue in a couple spots), I saw that I messed up the inner tunic as well. I didn't even notice the puffy shoulder sleeves because I never bothered to sort out the robes properly. I originally had the belts around the very bottom layer of robes, when it should be over both layers that are on his body when he comes out of the box. Putting the belts over both helps keep the 2nd layer from sliding off the shoulders, gives the body a little more bulk (before adding the hood piece), and takes some of the extra length from the belts. It's amazing how much you pick up on by going through all this a second time. I also smoothed out the hood a bit with a little water.
Now I can enjoy it.:lol

Last edited:

I realized that I messed up the belts slightly and it was eating away at me. After removing the hood/cloak and the belts (which I ended up needing to re-glue in a couple spots), I realized that I messed up the inner tunic as well. I didn't even notice the puffy shoulder sleeves because I never bothered to sort out the robes properly. I originally had the belts around the very bottom layer of robes, when it should be over both layers that are on his body when he comes out of the box. Putting the belts over both helps keep the 2nd layer from sliding off the shoulders, gives the body a little more bulk (before adding the hood piece), and takes some of the extra length from the belts. It's amazing how much you pick up on by going through all this a second time. I also smoothed out the hood a bit with a little water.

Do you have a before and after pic?

I realized that I messed up the belts slightly and it was eating away at me. After removing the hood/cloak and the belts (which I ended up needing to re-glue in a couple spots), I realized that I messed up the inner tunic as well. I didn't even notice the puffy shoulder sleeves because I never bothered to sort out the robes properly. I originally had the belts around the very bottom layer of robes, when it should be over both layers that are on his body when he comes out of the box. Putting the belts over both helps keep the 2nd layer from sliding off the shoulders, gives the body a little more bulk (before adding the hood piece), and takes some of the extra length from the belts. It's amazing how much you pick up on by going through all this a second time. I also smoothed out the hood a bit with a little water.

When I set it up the first time I really took two hours for the basics. I remembered that also with the ML PF it took some time to really understand how separate cloth pieces were supposed to be draped.

I took another hour two weeks later and now, after having him here for quite about a month, I'm thinking of giving it another draping session...I must be mad:cuckoo:

Do you have a before and after pic?

Unfortunately no. It was actually one of the more stupid impulse decisions that I've made. I had just gotten home from work and didn't even take my shoes off and just started taking him apart. I was in a hurry to get it done before the Blackhawk's game and before my wife got home from work. I failed on both counts.:lol The craziest thing is that other than smoothing out the hood, nothing else is even noticeable when looking at it. It was totally the insane perfectionist in me that caused me to do this.:cuckoo:

When I set it up the first time I really took two hours for the basics. I remembered that also with the ML PF it took some time to really understand how separate cloth pieces were supposed to be draped.

I took another hour two weeks later and now, after having him here for quite about a month, I'm thinking of giving it another draping session...I must be mad:cuckoo:

See above, I completely understand. This piece demands and deserves perfection.

My statue arrived today...

I don't really have a "pocket" in the hood, there is only one connected string off to the left, and some whitish tape that doesn't seem to have a purpose. Is that normal?

Wow, from the newsletter, this thing is almost soldout, even for the regular edition. and "expert" thought it will hardly sale.

I learned something and im not in this collecting hobby since long, even when someone says that a statue wont sell, dont trust his word and get it while you can and dont missed the boat.

Glab im happy that i took my chance. cause this thing is @#*#& great ( after the ironing of course :wink1: ).

Wow,that is awesome!! SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I picked up the exclusive :yess:

mate, it was a saga .. they just said they had no replacements left.

ended up taking a refund of 120$

I had some flaws too, had to destroy him and got a complete new EX, so there exist 498 EX now (saw another one destroyed too).
Chris

Back