Right Hand of Doom on second chance.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The date change really bothers me though... I may have to cancel now; I could budget for the 4th quarter, but August will be very tight!

Yeah, that kinda bugs me. I wonder if you can request to have it shipped 4th quarter since thats what I bought?

They use "backordered" on pieces when they are doing more of the production run in manufacturing and can't ship; this is usually on pieces which have never been "sold out". I can only assume that to avoid confusion by having the RHoD listed as "preorder" yesterday after it had been sold out, they changed it to the normal "backordered" to continue producing more pieces. The date change really bothers me though... I may have to cancel now; I could budget for the 4th quarter, but August will be very tight!

If it's been changed to August then i will have to cancel :banghead Can't afford it with all the stuff coming.

Is anyone going to email SS about the date change? I would really like to know why it was changed. Like other people I ordered based on a 4th quarter delivery date.

Assuming their story about finding these in a warehouse is true, it sounds like they just listed the Q4 delivery date as a mistake. It doesn't make sense that they would wait that long to ship unless they were actually making new ones. This whole business of having these crop up on second chance is really rather odd.

The catch here for me is that if you plan on getting the new PF and the Samaritan 1:1, the Right Hand of Doom is almost a MUST. The 1:1 bust and the Big Baby did nothing for me.

Assuming their story about finding these in a warehouse is true, it sounds like they just listed the Q4 delivery date as a mistake. It doesn't make sense that they would wait that long to ship unless they were actually making new ones. This whole business of having these crop up on second chance is really rather odd.

If they found these in the warehouse, they wouldn't be back-ordered... they are producing more... plain and simple as I see it.

I hope someone from Sideshow reads this thread... they decide to produce more (or found some... take you pick)... people get excited and order... they then change the shipping date and viola... most will have to cancel. Doesn't make any sense to me... :duh

I am going to cancel as well. I think Thor or Red Skull is coming in August.. Plus I still have some Flex Pay to pay so...

Me too....

Anyone else getting the feeling that suddenly a piece that had an ES of 1500 is going to magically reappear with an ES of 3500? :lol

I plan on calling them in a bit and seeing if its possible to get it shipped during the 4th Q. If not I may have to cancel... like a lot of you there is a lot coming in August.

Well I just spoke with a Sideshow Rep and the best they can do (as a courtesy since the date changed) is give about a 2 week delay on processing. From what she said the expected arrival date for the RHOD is July 27th, so in my case they won't process the order until August 18th. Really not much of a difference but at least I'll have mid-month cash to put towards it :lol

And it really does sound like they must have found a stash if they are arriving so soon... or they've been working on them for awhile and didn't announce them until now.

If they found a new stash why would they not ship out immediately? The warehouse is right next to their office right? This is a bit weird, I wish they would post in this thread to make it more clear…

I think it's more likely that the stash was found at one of their overseas factories. When I got my Jabba's throne from them, it had to be sent from the factory in China so it took a while. It was one of the last ones they produced, so I think it may be a similar situation.

Last edited:
If they found these in the warehouse, they wouldn't be back-ordered... they are producing more... plain and simple as I see it.

Not necessarily. When the T2 life size Arnold bust went up for second chance, it showed backorder. I also think the low quantity bar disappeared because it only shows up on preorder items. In stock items and backorder items do not show the low quantity bar for some reason. Example of this is Darkness. It is in stock and the NL said only 15 pieces remain, but no low quantity bar.

Not necessarily. When the T2 life size Arnold bust went up for second chance, it showed backorder. I also think the low quantity bar disappeared because it only shows up on preorder items. In stock items and backorder items do not show the low quantity bar for some reason. Example of this is Darkness. It is in stock and the NL said only 15 pieces remain, but no low quantity bar.
Sounds reasonable, 'cause there's only 15 items... But since the RHoD still ain't sold out by now - more than 24 hour after the miraculous resurfacing of the RHoD, they really must have found 100+ of these! And that seams a bit strange to me, finding a large quantity of an item that has been sold out for about three (?) years or so?

In the end, when a product isn't numbered we have no way of knowing how many were actually produced. We just have to trust that Sideshow won't make 10,000 of something that they said was limited to 1500. It might be that they found that sales of the prop weren't as good as they thought they would, so the original run actually only consisted of 1000 or 1250. I guess that would leave them technically free to manufacture more. But since it doesn't sound so good to say they're just making more, they may have said that they "found" them in their warehouse. (Yeah, "found" them right after they asked a factory to make more of them.) I guess it doesn't really matter in the end, although you have to wonder if there might be some degradation in the prop if they had really sat in some warehouse for years.

Back