Right Hand of Doom on second chance.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds reasonable, 'cause there's only 15 items... But since the RHoD still ain't sold out by now - more than 24 hour after the miraculous resurfacing of the RHoD, they really must have found 100+ of these! And that seams a bit strange to me, finding a large quantity of an item that has been sold out for about three (?) years or so?

Can you still order if its backordered? I thought that would mean at this point you'd be on a waitlist.

I think the difference between backorder and waitlist is that with a backorder you actually have an official order but you don't know when it will be fulfilled. There's no guarantee that a waitlist order will ever convert.

And the fact that these changed to backorder after being listed as normal orders suggests that maybe they did find a cache of these, but also decided to make more (and those will go to fill the backorders).

Sounds reasonable, 'cause there's only 15 items... But since the RHoD still ain't sold out by now - more than 24 hour after the miraculous resurfacing of the RHoD, they really must have found 100+ of these! And that seams a bit strange to me, finding a large quantity of an item that has been sold out for about three (?) years or so?

My point is, the low quantity always disappears for in stock and backordered items. I am not disputing that they found over a hundred, but I won't be surprised if there is less than 50 left at this point, like the low quantity showed before they changed it to backorder status.

My point is, the low quantity always disappears for in stock and backordered items. I am not disputing that they found over a hundred, but I won't be surprised if there is less than 50 left at this point, like the low quantity showed before they changed it to backorder status.
Yes, I got you, and I accede. I was merely working out a thought I had, still wondering about the situation.

Perhaps they did not get the license for this prop for Hellboy 2 so this is the loophole: make the rest of the run for this prop. I mean, seriously, who many here think they made the entirety of 1500 of these the first time around?

Wouldn't you see more on ebay for the past few years?

It's possible, I guess. But you don't get a license for a particular prop -- it's usually a license for "1:1 prop replicas" (which Sideshow does have). I think the reason we're not seeing a Hellboy 2 version is that the first one didn't sell like gangbusters, and there's no obvious difference in the design between the two movies.

My theory is that these were sitting around in the warehouse and they decided to just stick 'em away for when HBII hit and the hype was huge again so they can get full value for them. It's a common business practice...

Sure. No matter what you believe, the timing is too good for them to have literally just found these. They either found some, decided to make more, or a combination of the two, but the timing is of course to take advantage of the excitement about the movie. Too bad they kind of messed it up by listing the wrong ship date at first.

Too bad they kind of messed it up by listing the wrong ship date at first.

I'm really suprised that affects so many buyer's decision. There must be a lot of very money conscience collectors around here that only pay with what they have. Usually collectors buy now and figure it out later. Me personally, I can't afford it right now but thankfully that's what credit cards are for. I just want this piece so damn badly that I have to have it and will pay it off when I can...

200.00 won't make or break me so I don't care, but the meter was at 50 before it went to backorder. Unless some of the new buyers cancelled, there are fewer than 50 left at this point.

I'm really suprised that affects so many buyer's decision. There must be a lot of very money conscience collectors around here that only pay with what they have. Usually collectors buy now and figure it out later. Me personally, I can't afford it right now but thankfully that's what credit cards are for. I just want this piece so damn badly that I have to have it and will pay it off when I can...

Not so much money conscience, but when it said 4th Quarter that is an easier time to swing another $200 for a collectible. For me (and others) August is alread booked pretty heavily with expensive figures.

I'm pretty sure I'll still be able to swing it, but it would have been more feasible a little later on... say September or October.

I had to cancel mine, just can't swing it for August. My first John Wayne flexpay comes out then.

I still can't believe I got mine for only $80 from a dealer a few years ago. :D

You guys won't be disapointed with it. It's awesome. :rock

I still can't believe I got mine for only $80 from a dealer a few years ago. :D

... WAIT!!!... ar you the guy that bought the one from Razors Edge that had no box but the shipping styro out from under me??? :gun

... WAIT!!!... ar you the guy that bought the one from Razors Edge that had no box but the shipping styro out from under me??? :gun

Nope.

I got mine at WWChicago back in '05. One of the dealers had about 4 of these and they were collecting dust so I made him an offer and he accepted. :D It was all sealed in the box never opened. :rock

I also got the Hellbaby for only $100 from the same guy.

As I think more about it I'm most likely going to cancel this piece... too much money being spent right now and I would have nowhere really to display it.

Although I may just offer it here for cost if anyone wants it.

Back