RICEaRONI's Capital Wasteland Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICEaRONI

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, I figured I might as well start a thread for me to show off my new found pastime. Just started painting 1:6 head sculpts this month. A little information about myself, I'm currently active in the USMC, MOS 0311. I was an artist in high school, never painted anything a day in my life. I was always into drawing. Painting 1:6 heads was the first time I ever picked up a paintbrush. I really enjoyed seeing what some of the artists on this thread were creating with a brush and thought I could do the same. I've only painted two heads and have about five WIPs. Even the two I have "finished" arn't completely finished just done enough for me to post them here.

I paint during my spare time and when I'm not out on my bike (07 zx6r)

Without further ado let me open this thread for critiques and praise.

:horror:horror

This was the first head I ever finished and I thought it was good enough for me to show off as my first ever paint job. Obviously I cant touch the greats of this thread but hopefully I can get some pointers and some praise to boost my self-esteem so I dont feel like a complete failure with a brush in my hand.

This is Paulcarson's custom Obi-Wan headsculpt (ROTS)

PictureorVideo023.jpg

PictureorVideo013.jpg

PictureorVideo011.jpg

For a first paint up you've done considerably well ! Its not an easy thing to do and a lot of people make it look easy. I am extremely flattered that the first head you completed was the custom Obi I reworked. It definately made the effort that we both put into it worthwhile ! :)

Now, I'd like to see what else you have waiting to be shown !

well here is my "quasi" 2nd paintup. i was working on this at the same time as the other obi sculpt. using it as head fodder working skin tones and beard tones on it.

obi-wan3-1.jpg

obi-wan5.jpg

:banana

Last edited:
I still can't do eyes that well. Great work. One suggestion - I noticed that when I started painting heads I was putting way too much white into the skin tones. Try using a little more raw sienna and check out some varnishes from your local art store. Get a Matte for the skin tones and gloss for the eyes. Really takes everything to the next level. And keep 'em coming.

I still can't do eyes that well. Great work. One suggestion - I noticed that when I started painting heads I was putting way too much white into the skin tones. Try using a little more raw sienna and check out some varnishes from your local art store. Get a Matte for the skin tones and gloss for the eyes. Really takes everything to the next level. And keep 'em coming.

hmm i dont use any white in my skin tone mixes. i do gloss my eyes maybe im watering it down too much. thanks :banana

4th Official Paintjob! :emperor
My first time painting eyes off to the side

Well hello beautiful.....

PictureorVideo091.jpg

PictureorVideo094.jpg

PictureorVideo095.jpg

The man himself

PictureorVideo120.jpg

PictureorVideo112.jpg

I just thought that last one looked particularly cool... chaos :angelsmil

Thanks for looking! Back to the grindstone

Wow, my thread made it way down there. :lol

Well heres my 5th Official / Rework of my first paintjob. Felt I needed to give my favorite character a facelift :rotfl

PictureorVideo123.jpg

PictureorVideo122.jpg

And you know what I think I may repaint him again. I'm such a perfectionist I don't think I'll ever be satisfied with Obi. But I'm getting better in my opinion. Time to keep chipping away. :chew

Nice job mate, it seems with every repaint you are getting better. So no doubt the new, Obi would look better than the current, if you do decide to do him again!

Good stuff!

That Ledger sculpt looks extremely creepy. Not in a bad way. The way how you can clearly see how bang on the eyes are.

I'd imagine as you progress more that will look extremely lifelike.

It reminds me that scene when he arrives in the elevator looking for Harvey as he is walking about.

Back