Rest In Pieces: Iron Man #62 & Excl. Bust # 92

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh man, that sucks. How are the bases? If it were me, I'd sell the bases and statues separately, and then get them out of my house so I don't have to see the heartbreak around. :monkey2

You know like when a girlfriend leaves.

Then, in the same vein, when everything of the past is gone, I rub my hands and look for a replacement. :lol

Fuuuuuukkkkkkkk......that sucks so hard. I really feel for ya.....I don't know what I would do if something like that happened to me....probably after the shock wore off I would cry myself to sleep. I hope you are somehow able to repair them. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

i am very sorry to hear of this. :monkey2

it's a damn shame to see beautiful artworks like this taking a hit. although i don't have much space in my room, i have balked at putting up shelves for this reason. i would rather have the heavier pieces on a surface rather than take a chance. and you guys in california are taking a big risk with an earthquake.

Posted the same over at SF, but for those who aren't dual members:

My shelving:

HULK1.jpg

My shelf support brackets:

shelfbracketwe9.jpg

My large shelves all have heavy gauge steel brackets, 16" on center screwed
directly into the wall studs, and they're rated to hold hundreds of pounds.

Heavy duty shelf bracket, readily and cheaply available at Home Depot or Lowes.
Haven't ever failed me yet, and I've got 100+ pounds on some of my shelves.

NEVER go skimpy on shelves or displays, as the results (as we've seen all
too much lately) are disasterous. :(

My condolences to those who have lost statues lately. :monkey2 :grouphug

JS :grouphug

Thank you for not showing the Platinum Grace JS, or I'd have to cry again as I always do.

nash said:
Thank you for not showing the Platinum Grace JS, or I'd have to cry again as I always do.

*resists urge to show both platinum and regular grace out of child-like nature* :monkey5

JS ;)

Flashbacks, flashbacks! I can hear the screams....seriously, sorry to hear about that fall. You'll get plenty of sympathy around here until someone points out your shelf was hung wrong or something ;)

Looks nice, JSA, but I would still feel wary about putting anything that valuable on wall shelving. Just my paranoia getting the best of me. :lol

egads! so sorry bout that man. i keep alot of stuff on wall shelves too but they're all mounted straight into the wall studs. i can damn near hang off them lol. never trust those wall anchors or toggle bolts.

After closer inspection, it seems the wall mounts were second to fail.
The screws that were in the particle board shelfs ripped right out causing the shelf to fall forward under the weight and then pulled the brackets out of the wall.

I started to rebuild Phoenix last night and is coming along nicely... IM on the other hand...
:cuss:cuss:cuss

Back