Rest In Pieces: Iron Man #62 & Excl. Bust # 92

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghettoenhanced

Super Freak
Reaction score
Iron Man is down. Captain America's ghost is my main suspect...

The wall mounted shelf that had my Iron Man Comiquette, Iron Man Bust, and Bowen Dark Phoenix fell without warning. I'm in a real dark place right now...

Bowen Dark Phoenix:

broken_phoenix.jpg

I can fix Phoenix myself if I can find a good match for her red and gold paint.
Might need some epoxy sculpt to fill and smooth any seams.

The Iron Man Comiquette is a disaster:

broken_im_comiquette1.jpg

broken_im_comiquette2.jpg

broken_im_comiquette3.jpg

broken_im_comiquette4.jpg

A match of his paint will be key in saving him. Heavy sculpting will be neccessary but it ain't looking good.

The Iron Man Bust is in sad shape:

broken_im_bust1.jpg

broken_im_bust2.jpg

Any advice on fixing these would be greatly appreciated.
:(:(:(

Dang, I am sorry to see this. Was your Iron Man a real one or one from that Ebay seller?

Thanks for showing us some pictures. Do you think the shelf collapsed due to weight or something else?:(

A lot of these superheroes biting the dust through bad shelving these days, so it seems. Again very tragic. Nothing even remotely amusing about it, you have our deepest sympathy, believe you me...

El Roranous said:
Dang, I am sorry to see this. Was your Iron Man a real one or one from that Ebay seller?

Thanks for showing us some pictures. Do you think the shelf collapsed due to weight or something else?:(

I bought it through eBay and the seller was a board member here, Donnie Darko.

I think it was the weight on the the shelf that caused the fall.
:censored:censored:censored:censored:censored

Your home insurance [ if you have it] should cover this.

ghettoenhanced said:

I think it was the weight on the the shelf that caused the fall.
:censored:censored:censored:censored:censored
Ouch man, this sucks. Could we get a picture of the shelf? This is like a horrible car crash...it's hard to look away...I want more. :eek:

woodsy said:
Your home insurance [ if you have it] should cover this.
Depends if he has his collectibles covered under his policy. Some insurance companies require you to list them on a seperate part.

This really sucks. That is why I never display my stuff on a wall mount shelf. I either go with a cabinet or a bookshelf.

Sorry this happened. My sympathies.

Dang. I feel destroyed just looking at that. I really hope you get it fixed. Whatever you do, never throw it away. Try to fix it the best you can even if it takes forever. It's tooooo damn expensive to buy new ones.

:monkey2 Unbelieveable! I am sorry about what happened, I would be devastated if I were you. Here's to hopeing you can salvage your stuff. :gandalf_w

El Roranous said:
Depends if he has his collectibles covered under his policy. Some insurance companies require you to list them on a seperate part.

True!, my home insurance company automatic covers me for any individual art piece or collectible for up to $4000/piece. Some companies however require that you have [and pay for] a separate rider on art and collectibles with the cost dependent on the amount of coverage you require.

Man, I am so sorry! I know it's killing you, it sure would be killing me! Here's hoping something good happens for you soon to take the sting off of this. Just heartbreaking, so sorry!

ghettoenhanced said:

I think that its Dannie's little custom 12'' Dannie Darko that has cursed all of his ex-collectibles because Dannie wants to sell him...

Or

It might be a glimpse of things to come In World War Hulk for poor Tony Stark...

Seriously man, that sux so bad...I feel for you...Its the worst thing that can happen to a collector...

PsychoCenobite said:
WTF is going on! this two 'smash' threads in one week!

Both make me sick! :monkey2

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

PS. these things always come in threes! :monkey2

I can sleep at night knowing my entire collection is insured.

Back