Resident Evil: The Complete Series Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember when your in the news building and the stairway is on fire and a window blows up behind you and I was certain the Nemesis was gonna jump out.

so apparently Jun Takeuchi might not return for Resident Evil 6.

https://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=245557

Capcom's (in)famous Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2 producer, Jun Takeuchi doesn't plan to return to the survival horror series any time soon, he's said.

Speaking in an interview with Xbox World 360 magazine, Takeuchi admits he felt "extreme pressure" working in the shadow of acclaimed Resident Evil 4 creator, Shinji Mikami, who left the company in 2007.

"Yes, it's true we did feel extreme pressure - and Mikami-san's shadow - after Resi 4," he told the mag. "However, because we were creating the sequel to this huge franchise we wanted to make our fresh direction clear."

He added: "Personally, I don't think I'm gonna deal with Resident Evil 6 at all - as far as the series is concerned I'm not planning to return until at least two more Olympics have passed!"

The news will comes as a mixed reaction to fans, as Resident Evil 5 was controversially received when it released last year.

Later in the interview Takeuchi said that he feels less pressure working on a relatively new IP like Lost Planet, but that requires "physical strength" to get right.

meh. :dunno

As long as we get another RE game that brings the survivor horror elemnts, the sense of dread, good story and plenty of "oh _____!" moments and a decent amount of action I don't care who works on it.

OK guys. Help needed. I'm about to fight Nemesis at the clocktower and it freezes just after the video of the helicopter being shot down and Nemesis jumping off of the train. I've rebooted several times and it keeps freezing at this same spot. I can still hear the fire crackling, but nothing happens.

Is the game the problem, or could it be the console? I.e. would it be worth my time to dig out my PS1 and play the fight on that instead of my PS2? If the game is the problem, are there any fixes? Nemesis was one of the more expensive games I had to be ($20 compared to the $10 for some of the others) so I reall don't want to have to buy (and wait) for another copy. And I can't really move on to Veronica until I finish RE3! :gah:

^^^Not really sure, but check the disc for scratches then check the machine with another game to see if you can duplicate the problem. I'm sure this is probably obvious, but you never know. Fortunately you can probably get one of those PS1 slim models for $25 on Craigslist if you look around.

I've had minor freezing problems with all the PS1 RE games on my PS2. While restetting the console allways worked, it was an inconvienece. They played just fine on my PS1 though.

The fact the other RE games haven't frozen this long (there have been times its just taken longer to load or a slight freeze and then back to normal) makes me think the game, but I'll just and dig out my PS1 and see if that takes care of the problem before doing anything more drastic.

Thanks for the tips guys!

I was just thinking about how cool it would be if Capcom came out with another Resident Evil: Outbreak game for the latest consoles. I missed the boat on the original online RE games on account of my PS2 dying and me not wanting to replace it, but I can't get over how cool the concept is and what it could be like now that the LIVE and PSN services are leaps and bounds better than what they had for the originals.

What do you think?? Good idea?? Let it die?? Would you play it??

I was just thinking about how cool it would be if Capcom came out with another Resident Evil: Outbreak game for the latest consoles. I missed the boat on the original online RE games on account of my PS2 dying and me not wanting to replace it, but I can't get over how cool the concept is and what it could be like now that the LIVE and PSN services are leaps and bounds better than what they had for the originals.

What do you think?? Good idea?? Let it die?? Would you play it??

yes please! I've been wanting one for a while. I was so sad the day they closed the servers for outbreak.I would love another one. And as you mentioned the online would be loads better now.

I just picked up Resident Evil 3: Nemesis for the Gamecube. I need to find 2 so I can play through the games in proper order: 0,1,2,3, Code: Veronica, 4, 5. (I'm not counting the lightgun games or the Portbables)

I just picked up Resident Evil 3: Nemesis for the Gamecube. I need to find 2 so I can play through the games in proper order: 0,1,2,3, Code: Veronica, 4, 5. (I'm not counting the lightgun games or the Portbables)

My only problem with those for the Gamecube is that they're ports and don't have upgraded graphics like 0 & 1 :monkey2:monkey2 If they did have upgraded graphics, I would buy them in a second

yes please! I've been wanting one for a while. I was so sad the day they closed the servers for outbreak.I would love another one. And as you mentioned the online would be loads better now.

I must confess I couldn't get into the Outbreak games. Still I wouldn't mind seeing another side game with Ark or Bruce.

Back