Resident Evil: The Complete Series Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would anyone else like to have the original RE4 released? The one shown before it got the overhaul. Not neccessarily as canon but just as a cool what would have been.

Hi guys. I don't know if someone posted this already. But it's very funny.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GyxNviCGLoI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wonder what pricing will be, and those screenshots aren't really impressing me. They can put a little more time into these no doubt.

If I want to replay 4 I can just pop in my GC version in my Wii. There has to be some other incentive.

I wonder what pricing will be, and those screenshots aren't really impressing me. They can put a little more time into these no doubt.

If I want to replay 4 I can just pop in my GC version in my Wii. There has to be some other incentive.

Probably just going after people who don't own them and never played them or played them once. I could at least see that with Code Veronica.

"Hey look at that, I can download and play code veronica without leaving my house for $20, sure I will give it a shot". That type of thing. I am sure they will make some money on it. They use the "HD" lingo to entice people to purchase it who don't know any better. Only benefit I see could be with CV to be able to play on a much larger display.

Probably just going after people who don't own them and never played them or played them once. I could at least see that with Code Veronica.

"Hey look at that, I can download and play code veronica without leaving my house for $20, sure I will give it a shot". That type of thing. I am sure they will make some money on it. They use the "HD" lingo to entice people to purchase it who don't know any better. Only benefit I see could be with CV to be able to play on a much larger display.

I've always wanted to play Veronica. But I'm afraid like 1 and 2 the graphics won't hold up today as a block zombie walks up to me, just not scary anymore.

I've always wanted to play Veronica. But I'm afraid like 1 and 2 the graphics won't hold up today as a block zombie walks up to me, just not scary anymore.

Oh most definitely. I play them for nostalgia purposes. They are definitely not scary as more, except for the one or two jump scenes that you tend to forget. It is one of those things that I played them all so much when I was younger that I love them and still do but the scariness does not hold up.

It is definitely a fun game to play and adds some good story.

You mean the one with the dark cloud, and the hook man and such? Yes. I would, it looked really neat.

Yep. For me the creepy cramped interior spaces are what made the atmosphere of RE one of my favorites. I feel like that was missing from both 4 and 5. I did enjoy them both but would love a return to form with updated gameplay.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yo_hMbJQeU4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9NLUzU8Z_NI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

^ I like the atmosphere of the original (cancelled) RE4, but I think it goes too supernatural for an RE game. Ghosts and spirits and possessed puppets as enemies?

No thanks.

I'm not sure how much better the "HD" RE4 will be visually compared to the gamecube version.
Looks like they've just sharpened up some textures but no way to 1080 p High definition standards, I'll still be buying it anyway !! Best game ever...

If anyone's interested Shinji Mikami (creator of resident evil) left Capcom before resident evil 5 was started and went to work with EA to make Shadows of the Damned:

https://www.ea.com/shadows-of-the-damned/videos/gdc-trailer

Looks pretty sweet (picture below), but I wish Shinji Mikami had stayed with Capcom to continue Resident evil...

I'm not sure how much better the "HD" RE4 will be visually compared to the gamecube version.
Looks like they've just sharpened up some textures but no way to 1080 p High definition standards, I'll still be buying it anyway !! Best game ever...

If anyone's interested Shinji Mikami (creator of resident evil) left Capcom before resident evil 5 was started and went to work with EA to make Shadows of the Damned:

https://www.ea.com/shadows-of-the-damned/videos/gdc-trailer

Looks pretty sweet (picture below), but I wish Shinji Mikami had stayed with Capcom to continue Resident evil...

yeah there's a thread about it somewhere on here.

Capcom should bring Mikami back
and working RE6 together.
Z..Z..Z

:exactly:

I really enjoyed RE5, but hopefully RE6 is going to bring something new to the table gameplay wise. Like being able to shoot/melee and move at the same time perhaps ?

(Sorry for posting here about Shadows of the Damned, I'm still reading through all the threads :peace)

Apparently they were hallucinations brought on by an infection. Pretty much how Dead Space is now. Would have been interesting.

Sorry man I don't like that idea either. :lol I will say that the graphics in that video are really nice, much better than in the RE4 we got.

Anyway, I've been reading that the RE4 HD for PSN and XBL looks the same as the pc version from a while back. That one did not look great at 1920x1080. I hope for the best.

Would it be soo hard for them to improve the models and maybe some texture rather than just upscale what the got already?

Sorry man I don't like that idea either. :lol I will say that the graphics in that video are really nice, much better than in the RE4 we got.

Anyway, I've been reading that the RE4 HD for PSN and XBL looks the same as the pc version from a while back. That one did not look great at 1920x1080. I hope for the best.

:lol Oh I don't even know if I like the idea. I'm just saying it would have been interesting...

:lol Oh I don't even know if I like the idea. I'm just saying it would have been interesting...

What if they're secretly developing it....as Resident Evil 6?! :panic:

Off topic/on topic....

If anyone played darkside chronicles for the wii, whats a good level/chapter to rack up an obscene amount of gold for upgrades?

Operation Javier 7 on Very Hard is the best, shoot the shelves in the tunnel and then finish the level. You can get over 100,000 gold every time.

Back